GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

For any locals this question is for you,,,are personal property taxes setup to automatically withdraw from a bank account on a specific date (pre-arranged)? I'm asking because Patrick & Monique's property taxes were paid on April 14th, 2016 per the Snohomish County Assessor.

image.jpg

It's good LE shut their money down, that was one of my biggest concerns. They could've bought their way across the ocean with a quarter million dollars. He sold his house for $244,000.00 ........and ended up penniless. I hope it was all worth it to him. What a fool.
If they are in Mexico and broke, then it won't be long before LE catches up to them.
Homeless gringos with no money and no job is a rarity in Mexico, they're gonna stick out.
$244,000 and penniless. That is a nice thought. Tony has skills working with leather...at least with shoes. Maybe he can grow those leather skills into tack repair (saddles, etc) I am guessing the brothers have a friend (s) drive them some cash down to Mexico or mail them some prepaid debit cards that have some money prepaid on the card. Dad and mom will give some friends some cash advances to help out. I think the brothers will struggle for 4-5 months in Mexico before someone turns them in for a reward. As always just pure speculation on my part and trying to put myself in their shoes. Here is my next guess. The next pic we see of JR I am guessing he is approx 20-25 lbs lighter in weight wearing a beard.

For any locals this question is for you,,,are personal property taxes setup to automatically withdraw from a bank account on a specific date (pre-arranged)? I'm asking because Patrick & Monique's property taxes were paid on April 14th, 2016 per the Snohomish County Assessor.

attachment.php
Yes they can be auto-withdrawn....

attachment.php

Likely by an escrow account. Some people elect to have taxes paid by escrow so they can pay by the month.

I was being facetious about Mr and Mrs Reed not "being victims" :whistle:

Not sure if this has been posted- .. But i guess they were given 5 cashiers checks in lieu of cashing the one for 97k.. And they WERE able to cash one.. So they've got some $.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fugitive-brothers-tried-to-cash-96k-check-days-after-murders/

Thanks for this. Other media reported all the checks had been stopped. If one was cashed that could mean the brothers could have $14,000 - $40,000 plus the $500 and whatever the parents scraped together as it seems like they have been totally backing their sons in this flight. The more cash they have, the more likely they'll be able to disappear in Mexico...

Thanks for this. Other media reported all the checks had been stopped. If one was cashed that could mean the brothers could have $14,000 - $40,000 plus the $500 and whatever the parents scraped together as it seems like they have been totally backing their sons in this flight. The more cash they have, the more likely they'll be able to disappear in Mexico...

I definitely think they've got AT LEAST 10k. Who knows what the parents gave them.. And if they really only received 500.00 from their buddies. These guys will get busted- especially if they stick together. Look at Kendra Hatchers case- they put their suspect (who fled immediately to Mexico) on the most wanted list and she was found pretty soon there after.. They will catch these guys for sure.

I imagine right now they are laying low in some sleazy hotel, paying $20 bucks a day for the room and staying drunk most of the time. Their capture is going to depend on two things. How invisible they can be, and how long the money holds out.

If there was a sighting in Mexicali, you can rest assured that the Marshal's Service will be flooding the area with "wanted" flyers, as well as doing surveillance of their own. The fugitives have probably seen themselves on local tv by now. The more the Marshal's can push them out of the tourist areas and into inner Mexico, the better. The further south they go, the more they will start running into entire communities where nobody can speak english. They are going to stick out even more if they are trying to pay for things with american money.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jul/27/local/la-me-fugitive-squad-20100727

Among the most responsive and busiest squads is the Baja California state police fugitive squad, a Mexicali-based seven-member team armed with AR-15 assault rifles

Alfredo Arenas, the commander of the Baja California state police fugitive squad, is often the first high-ranking police official they meet. He greets some with a warning.

"Here, you don't have the right to remain silent," Arenas, 50, said. "You only have the right to tell me everything I ask you."

Detectives believe that after killing the couple, John and Tony Reed drove to their parents home in Ellensburg.

That's where they confiscated a list of items including clothing -- a coat and tee shirt -- more blood evidence, plastic visqueen, blue shop towels, and more than a half dozen firearms.

Police also collected a DNA swab from the suspects' father Clyde Reed, after he disclosed to police he helped clean out their car.

WOW. Why hasn't the father been arrested?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OK, I know this is opposite of what is usually the case...but all of this talk of cables, clips, tarps--maybe they hoisted the victims up into the trees rather than ground or water burial.

OK, I know this is opposite of what is usually the case...but all of this talk of cables, clips, tarps--maybe they hoisted the victims up into the trees rather than ground or water burial.
That has actually crossed my mind. I also think dear old dad knows where Pat and Moniqe's bodies are. Just MOO.

Sent from Wonderland

That has actually crossed my mind. I also think dear old dad knows where Pat and Moniqe's bodies are. Just MOO.

Sent from Wonderland
Since he has seemed to help with everything else so far, would not surprise me if he helped hide the bodies. I'm sure police are all over his phone records, pings etc.

Mind blowing....

Thankfully the brother that has kids won't be around to influence his child to repeat the family values. Hope grandpa isn't around the kids much either. MOO

Since he has seemed to help with everything else so far, would not surprise me if he helped hide the bodies. I'm sure police are all over his phone records, pings etc.

Mind blowing....

Thankfully the brother that has kids won't be around to influence his child to repeat the family values
. Hope grandpa isn't around the kids much either. MOO

The kids are old enough to have checks written out to them, so I think they have been exposed to many hillbilly birdbrainisms.... just commenting, not sleuthing

"the documents also allege that Tony Reed’s ex-wife told detectives he had hinted to her in the past that he’s killed people.
The ex-wife also said Tony Reed described an incident in which he’d kidnapped a man, put him in the trunk of his car, drove him to the mountains and dug a grave to intimidate the man into not testifying against him in an assault case."

http://q13fox.com/2016/04/26/prosec...g-couples-social-media-in-days-after-killing/

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-find-no-refuge-in-mexico-statistics-suggest/

Money is crucial
Authorities say the Reeds’ run south occurred a few days after they allegedly killed Patrick Shunn and Monique Patenaude, who were last seen April 11.

The brothers, both felons, each have been charged with two counts of murder and illegal gun possession, with a warrant issued nationwide for their arrests.

After allegedly killing the couple, the brothers are believed to have traveled in John Reed’s pickup to their parents’ home in Ellensburg. There, John Reed unsuccessfully tried on April 14 to cash a $96,000 check — partial payment for selling his Oso property to Snohomish County last month — before the brothers fled in their mother’s Volkswagen convertible.

The brothers ditched the VW in Phoenix, where a friend allegedly gave them $500 and a 2002 Acura. They were spotted in Mexicali, Mexico, on April 18, court records say.

Just as with other cases, fliers about the Reeds have been distributed and information shared with Mexico’s local and state police and its military and immigration department, Luna said.

Because the Reeds are non-Hispanics who may not speak Spanish fluently, authorities say, they may have trouble averting detection for long. Their ability to avoid capture may come down to money, Luna said.

“If these guys don’t have money, it’s going to be a problem for them to travel,” he said. “I think we’re going to be successful with this case.”

That's a good article, and it gives you hope that they will chase these guys down pretty quick. After reading it though, one thing did come to mind. What if the drive to Calexico was a ploy ? I wonder if LE has obtained video of the new car they are driving actually crossing the border or not ? I haven't seen any reports saying that, but that may have been where the license plate reader red flagged their car, as they were driving through the port of entry. I know there was a reported sighting of them in Mexicali, which would mean they were officially in Mexico. Of course, eye witness reports are notoriously inaccurate, especially when there is reward money involved.

I don't know if these two are good enough planners to pull a fast one and get back on the American side of the fence or not, or if the two of them ever even made it across the border. If not, they've got a whole lot of people looking in the wrong place for them.

That's a good article, and it gives you hope that they will chase these guys down pretty quick. After reading it though, one thing did come to mind. What if the drive to Calexico was a ploy ? I wonder if LE has obtained video of the new car they are driving actually crossing the border or not ? I haven't seen any reports saying that, but that may have been where the license plate reader red flagged their car, as they were driving through the port of entry. I know there was a reported sighting of them in Mexicali, which would mean they were officially in Mexico. Of course, eye witness reports are notoriously inaccurate, especially when there is reward money involved.

I don't know if these two are good enough planners to pull a fast one and get back on the American side of the fence or not, or if the two of them ever even made it across the border. If not, they've got a whole lot of people looking in the wrong place for them.

It is plausible their physical location may be different, this article lays out where they may have ties.

Let's hope that the 2 tips received were from credible sources.

For more info about the Calexico West border station's capabilities read this article.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidtruong24
Back