GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

ok, i now get that pat and monique were suing the other neighbor, but why sue this neighbor? over what? i think some neighbors know more but since pat and monique were basically sue happy (sorry, but it seems they were) the neighbors arent saying anything. jmho

I wouldn't necessarily say sue happy.. Especially when we don't know what their land situation is like. I have a lot of land and and live rurally. Property lines can be tricky and abused.

I really thought they would have been found by now......

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My theory of lifting the victims got poo-pooed but in that thick of forest you would not be able to see a "tarp cocoon" in the trees, even from a helicopter....

My theory of lifting the victims got poo-pooed but in that thick of forest you would not be able to see a "tarp cocoon" in the trees, even from a helicopter....

You would definitely be able to smell it though, bird activity would also probably give it away.

If I try and pretend I am the murderer(s) what would my actions have been? in hindsight I don't think this murder was premeditated. If it was premeditated I think needed items would have already been purchased rather than committing murder on April 11 then making retail purchases April 13...unless, it was assumed the cars could easily be pushed deep into the woods w/o one of them becoming trapped/lodged requiring them to resort to a new game plan B. Find some 4x4's to be used as a fulcrum, etc. We have speculated on the hooks/clamps I can't quite recall the details and too lazy to go looking. The brothers had a couple of days to think of all their options. Since cars were disposed of I will assume their 2 immediate concerns were (A) Where will we go hide and how will we get there? (B) Where can we hide the bodies
I would guess Mexico trumped Canada and they made contact with their contact in Phoenix. with the abundance of blood and location of blood LE thinks dismemberment. I could see them dumping body parts somewhere between WA and Phoenix. But, if this were the case I would assume LE would be able to find some decomposition odor in mom's red VW

And now comes game plan (C) How do we get our hands on cash for shelter and food all the while avoiding the locals that may possibly want that $5,000 US dollars reward. Dad & mom's phones in WA are bugged and you know it. LE will be looking and following cash transfers, withdrawals. Cash is king. How does dad get cash to his boys in Mexico. LE no doubt is watching what cars and people visit mom and dad in WA.

I wouldn't necessarily say sue happy.. Especially when we don't know what their land situation is like. I have a lot of land and and live rurally. Property lines can be tricky and abused.

Absolutely-and everybody thinks their property is bigger than it is. We have an encroachment problem with a neighbor, too, but he isn't dangerous-just sneaky

Absolutely-and everybody thinks their property is bigger than it is. We have an encroachment problem with a neighbor, too, but he isn't dangerous-just sneaky
This will be quick and sloppy as time is limited for me but I recall someone on this thread a while back explain it nicely. The entire Oslo neighborhood was probably born and raised there. Everyone's personalities similar. Many probably know how to turn a blind eye, etc. Then moves in an urban couple used to .25 acre lawn with zero encroachment. Used to everyone walking dogs on leash, everyone saying hello, bake your neighbor a pie if they are sick, etc. The two types of neighbors could possibly have rubbed each other wrong way. If Monique was raising chickens and the neighbors are allowing their dogs to run free then throw in everyone in the area is a gun lover, is was probably a disaster in the making.

I think the biggest mistake these two fugitives made was in regards to timing. After killing the couple and burying them, they attempted to hide the vehicles as we all know. I believe they thought it was going to be a much longer lead time from the day the couple went missing until the day the vehicles were found. If the two suspects had been successful in getting both vehicles completely hidden, it may have been a week or two before any kind of an actual missing alert went out on the two victims. To the average person, as well as the cops, it would've appeared that these two grown adults simply got in their vehicles and went somewhere. Everybody knows that sometimes you have to literally convince LE that some sort of foul play has occurred. The only reason the vehicles were found is because the tail end of the Land Rover was jutting up above the berm and visible from the air by helicopter.

I think the overall plan was to kill this couple, cash out on almost 1/4 million dollars for the house buyout, and then flee. I'd guess that both of these clowns figured they would have at least a couple of weeks and maybe even more in order to get all the details worked out and finalized. Obviously we are dealing with a couple of mental midgets here, otherwise they would have gotten all of their finances in order before they killed the couple.

That's one of the reasons this case is so hard to understand, these two brothers could have cashed out, left the couple alone, and lived a fairly comfortable life two counties over. Nobody gets hurt, nobody goes to jail. TR was on his way out anyway and the paperwork was already done and the checks in hand. They apparently wanted to kill this couple so badly, that nothing else mattered. Their anger and rage overwhelmed their common sense. If I was to use their parents as a guiding example, I'd say the two brothers attitude was simply, " Some people just need to be dead".

Ironically, I think a lot of people would feel much the same way about these two brothers.

A lot of greed IMO. They wanted to have their cake and eat it too. To cash in on their land and still live on the property. If the vehicles were never found they may still be squatting today.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Detectives to inspect vehicles belonging to missing Arlington couple
By Lewis Kamb, www.seattletimes.com
April 15th, 2016

Late last year, the couple contended the harassment had escalated and turned physical.

In court papers seeking an anti-harassment order, Shunn and Patenaude alleged a man who lives next to them assaulted Patenaude in September. Patenaude had been walking her puppy with a friend when she encountered the hostile neighbor on the road with his large dog, the court papers say.

“This crude behavior, coupled with all the past actions against us, has prompted us to finally seek a restraining order to stop this unacceptable behavior,” Shunn wrote in a declaration.

Reached by phone Wednesday afternoon, the accused neighbor said he didn’t know anything about the couple’s disappearance.

“I know police are investigating it and doing everything they can. Other than that, I don’t really have any comments,” said the man, before hanging up on a reporter.

Originally published April 15, 2016 at 11:50 am Updated April 15, 2016 at 8:17 pm

The excerpt from above (BBM) has since been edited from the article. Which could also be why JR signed his truck over to his mother and there was a sudden urgency to get out of town. He might have thought, up until that moment, that he had gotten away with it. Quite possibly assuming that he had committed the perfect crime.

Also, per Washington public court records;

0.jpg

SNIP :: Investigators have also received permission to search another neighbor’s property, from which detectives previously recovered a shotgun and all-terrain vehicle apparently left by John Reed.
Another warrant allows detectives to recover evidence from the all-terrain vehicle which authorities say the brothers may have used when disposing the couple’s bodies.:: END Snip

Ehhh. Very interesting. So JReed was stashing stuff at Mr. D--k's house...

Investigators pursuing the brothers previously had questioned Tony Reed’s live-in girlfriend in Ellensburg, who when interviewed last month couldn’t locate her iPhone. The phone was later used to make the calls to the Phoenix man.

From the Seattle Times. Tony Reed lived with his girlfriend. I'm leaning towards a scenario where John killed Monique and Pat and called Tony to help him clean up his mess, hide the cars and bury/burn the bodies. MOO.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ton-slayings-spotted-several-times-in-mexico/

My thoughts are TR was already there because even though JReed was trespassed, the county gave him a day to get his stuff and then there are witnesses that were to come and do a full tear down but JReed never showed for them....because he was busy auditioning for Worlds Dumbest Criminals

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back