WA WA - Patti Krieger, 65, Sauk Mountain, 2 Oct 2010

I also feel Patty is no longer with us. Hope I am wrong.

I wonder if she was left something in her BF's parents will and her BF and his whole family is involved in her disappearance. Maybe they were all left out of the will???

There is definitely more to this story and LE knows.

The other hiker missing in Washington, Natalya Manko, has just been found alive!!! And after that huge storm pounded the area! I hope that Patty is also safe somewhere.

Maybe her dog can lead the searchers to her.
First I thought the same, but then it seems strange that they couldn't find them in the mountains all this time. The dog alive and possibly barking, and the searchers never found anything or heard anything? That seems strange. Maybe they both were dropped somewhere else.

I just looked at the map and it seems Rockport is just south from that mountain? So the dog was still far away from home. Maybe it is possible he stayed with Patty all this time, but still strange that nobody would have found the dog in the mountains and it took a month before he was spotted.

All JMO.

While I am happy that the dog was found, I believe Patty is no longer alive. She may have fallen somewhere along the trail in underbrush and the dog remained with her for all this time. It has been cold, wet, snowy, windy during these past few weeks, I doubt she could have survived this long without proper gear and clothing. Also she had no food with her that we know of. I will always believe that the search should have lasted longer than 3 days. JMHO

Investigators: Missing Hiker May Be On Sauk Mountain After All

The dog belonging to Patricia Krieger, who disappeared on a hike on Sauk Mountain Oct. 2, has been found, malnourished but alive, the Skagit County Sheriff's Office said. Now, in a contradiction of earlier statements, investigators are theorizing that Krieger may still be on Sauk Mountain after all.

[snip]

Investigators said they want to take Bear back to the search area, but the dog is a long way from being healthy enough to do so and the area in question is now covered in deep snow.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/25556820/detail.html

The first paragraph makes me :furious:.

While I am happy that the dog was found, I believe Patty is no longer alive. She may have fallen somewhere along the trail in underbrush and the dog remained with her for all this time. It has been cold, wet, snowy, windy during these past few weeks, I doubt she could have survived this long without proper gear and clothing. Also she had no food with her that we know of. I will always believe that the search should have lasted longer than 3 days. JMHO
I feel the same. I don't think the dog would have left her if she was still alive. I am surprised that it took so long for the dog to show up. I remember a story or 2 about loyal dogs staying with their deceased owners, but I think normally a dog will leave the deceased soon. So I don't really know what to think about the whole month that the dog has been missing. It seems like a very long time.

They should have kept searching for at least a week! I bet the dog stayed with her until she passed, and she is still on that mountain. If I was the family, I would be raising some you know what right now to authorities. They really screwed this one up! I hope she is found soon, and her family can be at peace :(

Investigators: Missing Hiker May Be On Sauk Mountain After All

The dog belonging to Patricia Krieger, who disappeared on a hike on Sauk Mountain Oct. 2, has been found, malnourished but alive, the Skagit County Sheriff's Office said. Now, in a contradiction of earlier statements, investigators are theorizing that Krieger may still be on Sauk Mountain after all.

[snip]

Investigators said they want to take Bear back to the search area, but the dog is a long way from being healthy enough to do so and the area in question is now covered in deep snow.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/25556820/detail.html

The first paragraph makes me :furious:.
You and me both! They should have never stopped searching for her weeks ago! What a shame! :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back