WA WA - Rio Boyd, 21 - Last Seen in Spanaway on 17 Oct, 2022 - Phone Found Smashed Block from Home

I just walked from 198th ave to Field ave, where her phone was found, on google maps. Much of the way is 2 lane, no sidewalk, appears rather busy road, and rural to Field ave. LOT'S of places along the way, small businesses, storage places, someone nefarious could have seen her walking alone as they are driving through and...... Just an idea, MHOO. Prayers she is found safe, get's away, is with a friend and ran away. I am hopeful.

The phone was found less than a block in on Field rd. She would have turned left onto Field, assuming she was walking along WA-7. So whatever occurred, happened just after she turned onto Field. rd in MOO.

So I walked down Field Rd on Google Earth and though there are some businesses there, I don't see (m)any streelights so being on the road, it would probably be fairly dark. According to Google, sunset on Oct 17 there was 6:18 PM but the weather that day according to Google was overcast. When it's overcast, even right before sunset can be pretty dark IMO.

I know a 7-11 would be open around 6 PM but some of these other businesses may have been closed by that time, meaning there may not have been many people around and she could have been snatched quickly without anyone seeing.

For the locals - is this a popular road to walk on? Just looking on Google Earth, it wouldn't seem to be that way to me (no sidewalk, etc) but I'm assuming the man who found her phone found it because he was walking down the road, so that's two people walking in it in a short period of time, so it made me wonder. (To clarify - not casting any suspicion on the guy who found her phone, just thinking maybe more people walk down it than I would think).

So I walked down Field Rd on Google Earth and though there are some businesses there, I don't see (m)any streelights so being on the road, it would probably be fairly dark. According to Google, sunset on Oct 17 there was 6:18 PM but the weather that day according to Google was overcast. When it's overcast, even right before sunset can be pretty dark IMO.

I know a 7-11 would be open around 6 PM but some of these other businesses may have been closed by that time, meaning there may not have been many people around and she could have been snatched quickly without anyone seeing.

For the locals - is this a popular road to walk on? Just looking on Google Earth, it wouldn't seem to be that way to me (no sidewalk, etc) but I'm assuming the man who found her phone found it because he was walking down the road, so that's two people walking in it in a short period of time, so it made me wonder. (To clarify - not casting any suspicion on the guy who found her phone, just thinking maybe more people walk down it than I would think).
Nope, you are correct, not a popular road to walk on at all. I rarely see people walking on the shoulder or on field rd. However, Mountain Highway has a decent amount of traffic. Even when I did dd/uber eats at night you'd see cars on there all the way until 2 am or so. There is a pretty large breakdown lane though. Someone could have seen her and pulled over and tried to lure her in.

From the screengrab here, that's where her phone was found.

However, when you're driving down mountain hw, specifically when you get to Field RD, both streets to the left and right are pitch black. If I were to drive by, I honestly don't think I would notice or even be able to see anything. Also because the speed limit is 40 or 45 mph iirc, and everyone is going like 65+

Last edited:
maybe she went to meet someone for an exchange of something and it didnt go to well? Hopefully maybe they can get surveillance how sad. Her friends might know if she was into drugs and possibly might have been meeting up

Is there any possibility that she may have been hit by a vehicle? Hit and run? Possibly in close proximity to where the cell phone was found? Say she was, and was gravely injured. The driver could have gotten her in the car, possibly to conceal the accident. Or possibly injured and nearby? I’m not certain as to if this is possible or not but made me think of it when you guys started mentioning how dark the road was…it also could explain the broken phone.

Moo

Is there any possibility that she may have been hit by a vehicle? Hit and run? Possibly in close proximity to where the cell phone was found? Say she was, and was gravely injured. The driver could have gotten her in the car, possibly to conceal the accident. Or possibly injured and nearby? I’m not certain as to if this is possible or not but made me think of it when you guys started mentioning how dark the road was…it also could explain the broken phone.

Moo
I thought about that possibility too ...

I'm interested in why LE is now asking for video two days after Rio was last seen (10/18 & 10/19)?

Pierce County Sheriff's Department

https://www.facebook.com/piercecounty.sheriff#

Our detectives are asking for your help to identify the suspect responsible for a sexual assault.
On Oct. 7, 2022, at 1:00 a.m., the victim was picked up in the 8200 block of Pacific Ave in Tacoma and was driven to the 5200 block of Pioneer Way (near Canyon Rd), where she was beaten and sexually assaulted at knife point.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his 30s, 5’8”, 170lbs with black hair, significant acne scars and a thick accent. He was driving the pictured late-model, black or gray Nissan Maxima or Altima.
P3 Tips App
tpcrimestoppers.com
1-800-222-TIPS
May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'GOPPEns RIME STOPPERS TACOMA/PIERCE COUNTY ..------------...... SEXUAL ASSAULT October 2022 Hispanic male, 30s, 5'8 170lbs, black hair, significant acne scars, thick accent Receive up to $1,000 for information leading to the arrest and charges filed for the person in this case. Call 1-800-222-TIPS or use the P3 Tips app All tipsters will remain anonymous'

Interesting - just throwing this out as a possible link - you never know. The sexual assault on 10/7 was around 8 miles from where Rio was last seen.

There is a 7-eleven and a few other businesses along that path. I love about a mile away from mountain highway in spanaway. I've delivered Uber eats and doordash down there at night, it's full of druggies and that specific area is really dark at night with no light from street lights or cars.

Since it was minutes after she left her house, I feel like she was being stalked.
Yeah but what's the use?

Probably didn't have money, would of fought off the attacker, she's got size to dissuade and make it difficult.

My home state really making the news lately.

Sounds like an ex/interest/lovers quarrel.

Crack heads aren't going to abduct a broke random girl

Our detectives are asking for your help to identify the suspect responsible for a sexual assault.
On Oct. 7, 2022, at 1:00 a.m., the victim was picked up in the 8200 block of Pacific Ave in Tacoma and was driven to the 5200 block of Pioneer Way (near Canyon Rd), where she was beaten and sexually assaulted at knife point.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his 30s, 5’8”, 170lbs with black hair, significant acne scars and a thick accent. He was driving the pictured late-model, black or gray Nissan Maxima or Altima.
P3 Tips App
tpcrimestoppers.com
1-800-222-TIPS
May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'GOPPEns RIME STOPPERS TACOMA/PIERCE COUNTY ..------------...... SEXUAL ASSAULT October 2022 Hispanic male, 30s, 5'8 170lbs, black hair, significant acne scars, thick accent Receive up to $1,000 for information leading to the arrest and charges filed for the person in this case. Call 1-800-222-TIPS or use the P3 Tips app All tipsters will remain anonymous''GOPPEns RIME STOPPERS TACOMA/PIERCE COUNTY ..------------...... SEXUAL ASSAULT October 2022 Hispanic male, 30s, 5'8 170lbs, black hair, significant acne scars, thick accent Receive up to $1,000 for information leading to the arrest and charges filed for the person in this case. Call 1-800-222-TIPS or use the P3 Tips app All tipsters will remain anonymous'
Interesting - just throwing this out as a possible link - you never know. The sexual assault on 10/7 was around 8 miles from where Rio was last seen.
Well maybe I'm wrong.

*advertiser censored* really getting bad everywhere.

I'm my day it was easy targets. They wouldn't even bother with her unless she had big time money or drugs or access and didn't put up a fight

Extremely frustrating that this case is getting next to zilch media attention. Hang in there Rio.
Even more sad: Our local news didn't even report about this case until 10 days AFTER she was abducted. Shame on them. (might have been 7 days, actually)

Yeah but what's the use?

Probably didn't have money, would of fought off the attacker, she's got size to dissuade and make it difficult.

My home state really making the news lately.

Sounds like an ex/interest/lovers quarrel.

Crack heads aren't going to abduct a broke random girl

True. However down there is kinda out in the sticks and beyond the suburbs a bit. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a serial killer on the loose out here. Full of druggies/criminals

Last edited:

P3 Tips App
tpcrimestoppers.com
1-800-222-TIPS
May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'GOPPEns RIME STOPPERS TACOMA/PIERCE COUNTY ..------------...... SEXUAL ASSAULT October 2022 Hispanic male, 30s, 5'8 170lbs, black hair, significant acne scars, thick accent Receive up to $1,000 for information leading to the arrest and charges filed for the person in this case. Call 1-800-222-TIPS or use the P3 Tips app All tipsters will remain anonymous''GOPPEns RIME STOPPERS TACOMA/PIERCE COUNTY ..------------...... SEXUAL ASSAULT October 2022 Hispanic male, 30s, 5'8 170lbs, black hair, significant acne scars, thick accent Receive up to $1,000 for information leading to the arrest and charges filed for the person in this case. Call 1-800-222-TIPS or use the P3 Tips app All tipsters will remain anonymous'

He was arrested! I really hope the police are looking at a possible connecting to Rio's disappearance. 8 miles between her phone and the previous rape location is too fishy. I went to high school in Spanaway and 8 miles in a vehicle is just driving from one neighborhood to another out there. Hope Rio is found soon.

He was arrested! I really hope the police are looking at a possible connecting to Rio's disappearance. 8 miles between her phone and the previous rape location is too fishy. I went to high school in Spanaway and 8 miles in a vehicle is just driving from one neighborhood to another out there. Hope Rio is found soon.

https://www.facebook.com/piercecoun...1xpRj0h4tofg1hUmdwIjBvPWCp3Yu2k&__tn__=,O,P-R
·

Sexual Assault Suspect in Custody
Today at 12:24 pm deputies and detectives were able to locate and arrest the suspect depicted in our sketch from a sexual assault in October.
Detectives led the way in a very thorough investigation. They were ultimately able to identify a suspect and get enough evidence to make an arrest in the case.
The man was taken into custody in Fife without any problems.
Deputies booked the 28 year old man into the Pierce County Jail for 3 Counts of Rape in the 1st Degree.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PLH8
Back