WA WA - Seattle, Kobe Terrace Park, Wht/MixedRace Male 25-45, UP67767, 49er's Hoodie, Sep'01

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
unidentified-case-01-1148.ashx

Case #01-1148

• Found September 6, 2001 in Kobe Terrace Park, Seattle
  • White or mixed race male
  • 25-45 years old
  • Height: 5'5",
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Wearing white pullover hooded sweatshirt with San Francisco 49er's emblem
Unidentified remains - King County

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
No photos or exclusions.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP67767
Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found September 6, 2001
Location Found Seattle, Washington
Estimated Age Range--
Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number 01-1148

Demographics
SexMale
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 60
Estimated Age Range (Years)--
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMI--
Height 5' 5"(65 inches) , Measured
Weight 175 lbs, Measured

Circumstances

TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body Found September 6, 2001
NamUs Case Created April 2, 2020
ME/C QA Reviewed--

Location Found Map

Location Seattle, Washington
County King County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Found On Tribal Land No
Circumstances of Recovery - Found dead in Kobe Park. Possibly a transient. Wearing a San Francisco 49ers shirt under a long sleeve plaid shirt.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains--
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown
Eye Description--

Clothing and Accessories

Item
Description
Clothing
San Francisco 49ers shirt under a long sleeve plaid shirt
On the Body

There is a bit more information about this John Doe that I uncovered. I filed a public records request with the Seattle Police Department, and I received documents about the discovery of the man's body, as well as some photographs from the day of the discovery. I believe that there are some clues that might help to identify who this person was.

You can read a Medium post I wrote about this unidentified person here.

You can see photographs from the day of the discovery here.

Some interesting things to note. Among the pocket litter of this man were some interesting scraps of paper. Among his pocket litter looks to be:

• A hand written note for entities located at 180 North Michigan Avenue in Chicago. The Peruvian, Ecuadorian and Spanish consulates are located at this address.
  • A business card written in both English and Spanish. The card looks to be for a strip club and/or nightclub called "Cafe 2290" along with a Miami area code of 305.
  • A mystery business card for something that looks like it could be a restaurant called (something) SAN ROMAN, along with the first and last name of a manager and a possible phone number.
None of this information from the pocket litter made it into the initial reports, and none of it is listed on the NamUs listing.

I think that it is likely that the man was a Spanish speaker and was migratory across the United States in 2000/2001. It's possible he was Cuban, and went to Seattle to work on the fishing boats that run up to Alaska. I think there's enough here to steer folks with Spanish proficiency towards missing persons lists from Peru/Ecuador/Cuba/Latin America.

Useful links:

King County Unidentified Remains page (third listing down)
Artist rendering
Photos from the scene
Medium post about the unidentified man

Attachments

• 1_HOpt03PlxE3XtvmA_6iaaw.jpeg
    1_HOpt03PlxE3XtvmA_6iaaw.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 1_iwfMB-zGTzcMw4A5EoT37w.png
    1_iwfMB-zGTzcMw4A5EoT37w.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 5
There is a bit more information about this John Doe that I uncovered.
  • A business card written in both English and Spanish. The card looks to be for a strip club and/or nightclub called "Cafe 2290" along with a Miami area code of 305.

Nice research, it looks like there were lots of little bits of information among his (presumed) papers and business cards. Hopefully LE checked it out at the time.

I notice there is, or was, a 'Florida Cafe' at 2290 W 84th St in Hialeah that served Cuban cuisine: Florida Cafe

It's pretty close to Miami, as is the other restaurant in Doral. This seems like it fits well with your theory that he's a Cuban (or other Spanish speaking) immigrant moving across the USA. The 49ers hoodie suggests some time spent in San Francisco. I suspect the novel, an old paperback written by an author from there, came from one of the city's 2nd hand bookstores. Among the other detritus is a magazine tour guide for Seattle. Whether it came from him or not, I guess he hadn't been in the city long.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back