WA WA - Seattle, UncFem UnkAge, UP119764, brown hair, found in vacant bldg, Feb'24

ProudSuggestion3528

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
NamUs# UP119764
UID Uncertain Female
Seattle, WA

Case Numbers​

ME/C Case Number: 24-0450

Demographics​

Biological Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: Uncertain
Estimated Age Group: Adult
Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances​

Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: February 12, 2024
NamUs Case Created: April 9, 2024

Location Found Map

County: King County
Found On Tribal Land: No
Circumstances of Recovery: Construction crew was demolishing an old building and a crew member observed a body in the rubble. Only the upper half of the body was recovered. The building has been vacant since 2023.

Details of Recovery​

Inventory of Remains: One or more limbs not recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Physical Description​

Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown

No Distinctive Physical Features Information Entered​

No Clothing and Accessories Information Entered​

Brianna Corkum has been missing since Dec 17th 2021 & as far as I can see she has not been found. 16yrs when left her father’s residence in Tacoma, with clothing & her cat.

Tacoma is 38miles from the unidentified remains.

Brianna Corkum has been missing since Dec 17th 2021 & as far as I can see she has not been found. 16yrs when left her father’s residence in Tacoma, with clothing & her cat.

Tacoma is 38miles from the unidentified remains.
The building has only been vacant for a year. It doesn't exclude her being there the whole time, but she couldn't have been left there in 2021 in a vacant building because it wasn't vacant at the time.

Of course, she could have only been deceased a shorter time - there's no PMI, but it does say putrefaction, not skeletal.

MOO

Thank you @iamshadow21.

She was described as a ‘run-away’ when went missing. I was thinking she may have come to harm in the intervening 2yrs…perhaps became homeless & took shelter in the vacant building?

Thank you @iamshadow21.

She was described as a ‘run-away’ when went missing. I was thinking she may have come to harm in the intervening 2yrs…perhaps became homeless & took shelter in the vacant building?
Could be so.

Also, should be noted, just because only half of her body was found doesn't mean her body was dismembered elsewhere and only part left in the building. I've seen this before in other cases where remains are found in demolition sites. Those big machines that tear down buildings are brutal, and remains, especially if skeletal, can end up distributed in different dumpsters/trucks of demolition waste. I often wonder how many decedents - homicide, suicide, OD, and natural - aren't discovered at all by the demo crews working on derelict buildings.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back