WA WA - Teekah Lewis, 2, Tacoma, 23 Jan 1999

It is frightening to think that she could be gone so quickly with all the family around! :eek:

And this area is known to be "safe", you know?

Kimster I totally agree with you!! I agree with the mother if the child screamed and would only go to certain people then I totally think it was someone that the child possibly knew or that she was lured some how.

Also I tell you what the more I hear about kids missing the more I fear for MYSELF because I get all the time that I look 13. Just as recent as yesterday I got told by someone that they thought I was 13 years old. I was with my friend(the mother of the kids I babysit) we had to drive an hour away to take some stuff to her house because she is moving from here and back to her house. We had stopped in at her friends place and he asked me how old I was, she wanted him to guess, but on accident told how old I was(I am 26 BTW) and the guy was like "I thought you were 13." I smiled and said I get that all the time. I mean I went to Maryland in 2008 and got handed a menu for 10 and under.

Either someone she knew, or someone who quickly put their hand over her mouth. It's not that hard to do to a 2-year-old. And only 6 feet away from an exit. For an adult, that's about two steps.

Her mother believes she is still alive. I'm not sure what I believe. But I hope she is right.

Lewis does not believe Adhahn had anything to do with her daughter's disappearance and said she still feels her daughter is alive today. She suspects Teekah could be in Florida and thinks a former acquaintance could have snatched the little girl.

"Prior to Teekah's disappearance, [this individual's] mother asked me if she could have her," Lewis said. "She did not have a girl. I told her no way, she is my daughter. Then, Teekah comes up missing. I've not heard from him since March 1999. Never once has he got in touch with me in the last 12 years to check on things."

Aguirre said that in 2009 investigators had "a person of interest in Florida" and went there to speak with that individual. She did not elaborate on what, if anything, was learned.
===================================================

I hope this was thoroughly investigated. It makes sense and I can see how a family friend might easily pick up the chiod and walk out, without the baby crying or screaming.

Hadn't heard about the cadaver dog leading them to a brushy area, where they also found males clothes that could have *possibly* been used as a disguise. :( A lot of that brushy area was destroyed when the bowling alley was. They erected a Home Depot, Jack in the Box, and bank. I wonder how well the area was looked over during the new construction.

The person the mother suspects in Florida has been given two polygraphs. He failed one, and passed the other.

Do we know where in FL the suspect lives?

I watched this case tonight on NG and it's so horribly sad! Such a beautiful and sweet child. The mother certainly has a lot of self-discipline. If it were me, I would be staking out that house in Florida personally if I had to crawl there. But, she is probably doing it the right way and letting LE handle it. I hope so much that they find her!

I thought the mother's behavior is beyond strange-it has been 12 years! And it was 2009 when they last had a tip? LE is never as anxious as the family to find out what happened, and depending on what she has told them and who this man is to her, they may not take her seriously. I think she needs to get someone to that house in Fla. in some way. Jean C. is right, she should have been saving up her pennies, if she is claiming that money keeps her from going, which she did.

The man is one of Theresa's ex-boyfriends. At the time, it was his mother who asked her if she could have Teekah. I think they've investigated it. The guy took two polygraphs. I'm not sure if they called at let him know ahead of time, which is possible. That would have given them time to hide Teekah. And Theresa still suspects that Teekah is there. (Of course, it could just be wishful thinking. It would mean her daughter is still alive.)

High profile missing and murder mysteries in WA

The Pacific Northwest has a long list of missing persons mysteries and unsolved murder cases involving adults and children. The State Patrol lists 100 cases in Washington, including 70 missing children.

[snip]

And 12 years ago, Teeka Lewis, 2, vanished from a Tacoma bowling alley. That case remains unsolved.

More: http://www.mynorthwest.com/category...h-profile-missing-and-murder-mysteries-in-WA/

Police Seek Help Identifying Car Involved In 1999 Tacoma Disappearance

Tacoma Police Detectives are asking for the public's help finding a vehicle involved in the 1999 disappearance of 2-year-old Teekah Lewis.

[snip]

A witness who was arriving at the bowling alley reported seeing a mid-90s, dark maroon or purple Pontiac Grand Am with dark tinted windows and a trunk spoiler speeding out of the parking lot. The car was last seen speeding east on Center Street toward Highway 16.

More: http://www.kirotv.com/news/28436051/detail.html

Does anyone here know if the bowling alley had different rooms? I am asking because the article mentioned that there was an arcade, darts, etc.

Does anyone here know if the bowling alley had different rooms? I am asking because the article mentioned that there was an arcade, darts, etc.

Here's a picture of the now-closed bowling alley. It looks like it's quite large -- It must have a number of rooms.

4680880205_1d69cdef62_o.jpg

There is a Jack In The Box at this address now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geneasearcher
Back