WA WA - Teekah Lewis, 2, Tacoma, 23 Jan 1999

January 22,2019
I hold Teeka Lewis close to my heart. I have never given up hope for an answer and I am one of many who remember and grieve for the beautiful child who was snatched away and desperately needs to be found.

Trucks featuring Teekah Lewis to be unveiled on 20th anniversary of her disappearance
<snip>
A new trailer will be unveiled at Teekah’s vigil on Wednesday at 4702 South Center Street – the former site of the New Frontier Bowling Lanes. The location is now a Home Depot parking lot. The event runs from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Trucks featuring Teekah Lewis to be unveiled on 20th anniversary of her disappearance

Is there no scetch of the suspect, if he was the same man that assaulted other kids in a simular manner and place there should be enough people that saw him, afterall they knew he had brown hair and was caucasian. Were there no security camaeras around that caught him? or footage of that car he rode?II wonder how many peopla that drive that model in Tacoma? It seems like the police didnt get far since.

When the Emery brothers were arrested, one of the cases I thought of was Teekah at the bowling alley. That's why I would have been interested in knowing who was bowling or in leagues during that time since there were no witnesses to her abduction.

Tacoma police hope to identify man at scene of toddler's 1999 disappearance

TACOMA, Wash. — Nearly 21 years after Teekah Lewis’ disappearance, Tacoma Police are trying to track down a man who may have been at the bowling alley where she was last seen.

Teekah was 2 years old when she vanished from New Frontier Lanes bowling alley in Tacoma on Jan. 23, 1999.

“I went to bowl, turned back around and she was gone,” said Teekah’s mother, Theresa Lewis. “It’s like she vanished out of thin air.”

Theresa has held vigils for Teekah every year since her disappearance. She said each year, she holds out hope that Teekah will show up at the vigil.

Days before this year’s gathering, Theresa said she is bracing for bad news.

“I had to prepare myself for the worst,” she said. Theresa said police approached her in November and showed her a picture of a man who they believe was at the bowling alley the day of Teekah’s disappearance.

“When they showed me the picture, all I could do is cry,” said Theresa. “I remembered the guy from the bowling alley, and if that’s the case, there’s no way Teekah is here right now.”

Theresa said the man was “not the kind of man you want around your children.” She described him as a white male with brown hair and a pock-marked face.

She said he follows a Facebook page that she runs that is dedicated to finding Teekah.

Lewis said she is filled with both hope and fear as detectives continue their investigation.

“All I want is to know what happened to my daughter,” she said.

For the first time, a witness from that night is telling his story publicly about a man he saw with Teekah.

The witness, who Q13 News is calling John, was 17 when he and his family spent their Saturday night at New Frontiers Bowling Alley in Tacoma.

“We’d gone to that bowling alley plenty of times. It’s the kind of place where people can go with their families and kids just roam,” says John.

“I had to use the restroom, so I went towards where the restrooms were. This rude guy bumped into me, with this little girl, and he was white - the little girl was mixed ... I just thought it was a father rushing his daughter to the restroom.”

“This witness actually describes an encounter with Teekah by this individual and the description of the individual is not generic. It’s specific and it’s detailed and unique enough that the description can maybe identify the last person who maybe had contact with Teekah,” says Det. Steven Reopelle.

When Reopelle contacted John, his memory of the man’s face remained the same.

“A gentleman with pockmarks ... he was holding this little girl’s hand when he bumped into me and I was thinking 'this is the rudest person in the world,'” says John.

Pockmarks could be the key.

“I was unfamiliar with this individual with the pockmarked face, so as I was reading through the file and I saw that I did think it was important right away and I thought maybe this is the one piece of information that could break this case open,” says Reopelle.

“About a week after Teekah’s disappearance they were filming a reenactment down at the bowling alley and someone who was standing there watching noticed a person with a pockmarked face who was also watching the reenactment, and the witness who called in thought he was acting strangely,” says Reopelle.
Teekah Lewis: 21 years later, witness account could be key to solving case of missing girl

This man sounds like he'd be pretty easy to ID. I mean if you have a friend or family member or even a former co-worker who is both tall and husky, with a deeply pockmarked face, curly brown hair and a thick mustache - and he lived in the greater Tacoma area in 1999... you're GOING to sit up and take notice. Someone knows this man. I hope they do the right thing and give his name to the police.

Much of this article matches what other members have posted and highlighted. Although some is a repeat ‘I went ahead and decided to bold some clues that almost made me cry.’ The witness John is a hero,as is the cold case detective and of course Teekah’s mother. Please let this be the moment all our prayers for justice for our sweet Teekah and her loved ones are answered. Prayers for Teekah’s family.​

Teekah Lewis: 21 years later, witness account could be key to solving case of missing girl

POSTED 7:55 PM, JANUARY 23, 2020, BY OLIVIA LAVOICE, Q13 NEWS STAFF AND WASHINGTON'S MOST WANTED, UPDATED AT 08:01PM, JANUARY 23, 2020
For the first time, a witness from that night is telling his story publicly about a man he saw with Teekah.
Detectives feel this could be the lead that might break the case wide open.

The witness, who Q13 News is calling John, was 17 when he and his family spent their Saturday night at New Frontiers Bowling Alley in Tacoma.

<snip>This rude guy bumped into me, with this little girl, and he was white - the little girl was mixed ... I just thought it was a father rushing his daughter to the restroom.”

John says the man seemed to be in a rush. The rest of the night went on and seemed normal until John and his family walked out to leave and noticed police in the parking lot.

But John says officers didn’t disclose what, or who, they were looking for.

A couple of days later, John saw the little girl from the bowling alley plastered all over the news. That was when he realized the man he’d seen with the child he’d later know to be Teekah Lewis was not her father.

Now the 2-year-old was gone and John felt helpless, but he knew he had to say something. He was interviewed by police in January 1999 but never heard anything after that.

It wasn’t until two decades later that a cold case investigator combing through thousands of pages in the case file came across John’s information and instantly knew it was significant.

“This witness actually describes an encounter with Teekah by this individual and the description of the individual is not generic. It’s specific and it’s detailed and unique enough that the description can maybe identify the last person who maybe had contact with Teekah,” says Det. Steven Reopelle.

In addition to identifying the man with the pockmarked face, investigators are still trying to find more information on a '90s Pontiac Grand Am that was maroon or purple in color with a spoiler on the back. It was seen speeding out of the bowling alley parking lot around the time Teekah disappeared.

Investigators have never been able to find the car or tie anyone to

Teekah’s mother said police approached her in November and showed her a picture of a man who they believe was at the bowling alley the day of Teekah’s disappearance.

“When they showed me the picture, all I could do is cry,” said Theresa. “I remembered the guy from the bowling alley, and if that’s the case, there’s no way Teekah is here right now.”

She said he follows a Facebook page that she runs that is dedicated to finding Teekah.
BBM

This is heart wrenching Teekah’s mother says she recognizes the photo of the ‘pockmarked man’ LE showed her this past Nov 2019; she not only recognizes him but he currently subscribes to Teekah’s Facebook page.

I pray it is’t long before the ‘pockmarked man’s’ in custody. Very Soon,I hope Theresa finally gets her long awaited answer’s.

Poor Theresa this is unbelievable the ‘pockmarked monster’ was stalking/shadowing her 21 years feeding on her frantic pleas for information about her precious Teekah. This predator is the worst of the worst.
My Opinion Only

Last edited:
Then there are cases, albeit rare, but still horrifying: stranger abductions.

Such seems to be the case in the haunting disappearance of 2-year-old Teekah Lewis, who was taken from a Tacoma bowling alley in 1999. It's a case that Agent O'Reilley says the department will never give up on.

"That certainly is one that's solvable, its something we have a lot of information and we're looking for more information from the community to find out exactly what happened."

"I need to know what happened to my baby," says Theresa Lewis.

"Out of 21 years this is the first year that I've ever felt that she wasn't coming home, and it breaks my heart because all these years, I really thought she would come home...all I've ever wanted in 21 years is answers."

"I think the hardest part of the job is also the best part of the job, its that you're working cases, knowing the background of these children, and you're working with their loved ones and they're telling you stories about their childhood, so it's not just a case to us; it's's a child. And you know their loved ones and you want to be a part of adding to the next chapter of their future," says Agent O'Reilley.
FBI working to crack some of Washington’s most haunting missing children cases

BBM

This is heart wrenching Teekah’s mother says she recognizes the photo of the ‘pockmarked man’ LE showed her this past Nov 2019; she not only recognizes him but he currently subscribes to Teekah’s Facebook page.

I pray it is’t long before the ‘pockmarked man’s’ in custody. Very Soon,I hope Theresa finally gets her long awaited answer’s.

Poor Theresa this is unbelievable the ‘pockmarked monster’ was stalking/shadowing her 21 years feeding on her frantic pleas for information about her precious Teekah. This predator is the worst of the worst.
My Opinion Only

I feel like crying after reading this. I can't believe that there are people like this on this planet. God, help us.

I’m not sure if anyone is still active in this forum, but this was posted in the Crime Junkies of Texas FB page

Attachments

• C8F44106-940D-4D08-9C79-D34921659F17.jpeg
    C8F44106-940D-4D08-9C79-D34921659F17.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 64
  • E7559E9F-1267-419B-A37B-729C4C2091D5.jpeg
    E7559E9F-1267-419B-A37B-729C4C2091D5.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 57

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online