WA WA - Toni Rae Atchley, 54, car with phone & belongings found on SR 240, Hanford, Benton Co, 24 Jul 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
HANFORD — Deputies in Benton County are searching for a woman reported missing after her vehicle was found near Hanford.

Toni Rae Atchley, 54, was reported missing Sunday after her vehicle was found along SR 240 at the Hanford Rattlesnake gate. Deputies say her phone and personal items were found inside the car, which was fully operational and had fuel.

“We have been unable to reach Toni and have contacted friends and family that have not seen or heard from her,” sheriff’s office officials stated.

Deputies do not yet have a timeline for her disappearance. Her 2017 Toyota Corolla that was located has been impounded by investigators.

Anyone with information on Atchley’s whereabouts is asked to call 509-628-0333.

62def4f1aee36.image.jpg

The BCSO says still no new leads in the case of a missing woman, whose car was found abandoned alongside SR 240 near the Hanford Rattlesnake Gate, about 15 miles northwest of West Richland and Richland.

As we had reported Monday, 54-year-old Toni Rae Atchley was apparently reported missing, but the BCSO has not officially released that.

What we do know is, that her car was found abandoned by that Hanford gate, her phone and other personal effects still inside her fully operational 2017 Toyota Carolla.

No word if any leads or evidence has come from a search of her car, it was towed from the roadway to the Sheriff's Department for examination.

The BCSO released this information Tuesday:

"Toni is still missing. The Sheriff's Office Detective Division is investigating and extensive searches are continuing. Anyone with information is encouraged to call dispatch at 509-628-0333"
utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

1660383870507.jpeg
The search for a missing 54-year-old Kennewick woman is continuing after her empty car turned up nearly three weeks ago near Hanford. Toni Rae Atchley’s 2017 Toyota Corolla was found along Highway 240 near Beliot Avenue, the Hanford Rattlesnake gate, about 11 a.m. on July 25. Her phone, backpack, wallet and other personal items were inside, and the car had gas and was fully operational, the Benton County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post at the time.

Several people contacted the Herald about her disappearance because of her connection to a murder suspect in a Mesa death. Five years ago, Atchley volunteered for Chiloe Chervenell at the Tri-City Alano Club in downtown Kennewick dedicated to supporting recovery groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous.

Here is her Facebook profile.

I just saw your post. Thanks, I’ve been looking at her old one.
Five years ago, Atchley volunteered for Chiloe Chervenell at the Tri-City Alano Club in downtown Kennewick dedicated to supporting recovery groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous.

Chiloe Chervenell, right, owner of Chiloe’s Corner 12 Step Cafe, poses for a photo with volunteer Toni Rae Hamilton Atchley. Chervenell opened her cafe in the Tri-City Alano Club in 2017.

Chiloe Chervenell, right, owner of Chiloe’s Corner 12 Step Cafe, poses for a photo with volunteer Toni Rae Hamilton Atchley. Chervenell opened her cafe in the Tri-City Alano Club in 2017.

The photo was republished this week with stories about Chervenell’s arrest in connection with the death of her partner of 10-years.

Chervenell is charged with strangling Kathleen “Kathy” Chervenell-Brinson and fleeing to Oregon.

It’s unclear if Atchley still spent time with Chervenell, or what their association was recently.

However on Thursday, Atchley’s sister Bekah Wolken posted a renewed request on Facebook for any information about her missing sister.

Wolken said she’s been told there is no evidence of any foul play in Atchley’s disappearance. People who knew Atchley said she seemed upset and anxious before she disappeared, Wolken posted. The last person to report hearing from her was a friend on July 21 .

The Benton County sheriff’s investigators searched the area near her car from the air, and found a piece of her clothing about 4 miles away, Wolken said.

“What I know is true is she told people she was going to disappear,” Wolken said in a Facebook post. “I know it’s hard to comprehend all of this and I know many of you love her and have known her for some time. I’ve known her all 42 years of my life and I’m still struggling with it.”

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back