WA WA - Tracy Lewis, 31, Ocean Shores, 9 March 2018

I grew up going to Ocean Shores my entire life. Never had the unsafe vibe. With that being said I know it has sketchy areas like everywhere else, that you may not want to wander at night by yourself. I pray she is found safe.

I went just a few days after she disappeared and didn't hear a word about her. I love Ocean Shores. This really makes me worry. I pray she's safe too.

Ok a tracker on an adult woman in her 30’s is unacceptable no matter who put it there. Obviously there are facts being withheld, imo.

I agree, very weird to do such a thing. Maybe she had taken off in the past and the family was worried she would do it again? Something isn’t right here, I think there’s more we aren’t being told.

A 31-year-old Utah woman has mysteriously gone missing in Ocean Shores following a family vacation to Disneyland, prompting her family and the police to search for her and for clues to why she disappeared.

Tracy Ann Lewis was driving alone up the West Coast after the trip to Disneyland, intending to go to San Francisco and then to Portland before eventually going back home. However, she continued to Ocean Shores and was last seen at the Morning Glory Hotel there on March 9th. Before her disappearance, she was last seen walking northbound on Ocean Shores Blvd. NW. She had left her vehicle with all her belongings in the parking lot of the hotel.

Lewis' family said they don't know why Lewis would go to Ocean Shores because she doesn't know anyone there. After the family discovered Lewis' vehicle was in Ocean Shores, they called police, who launched a search of the area without finding anything.

Tracy Lewis is described as 5'5'' tall, 125 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

http://komonews.com/news/local/traveling-woman-goes-missing-in-ocean-shores
79e60a132b1de798e3a6e7de03dcb704.jpg
Just now reading again and trying to catch up.
It does seem strange that the family says she knows no one in Ocean Shores. She is 31 and it seems the family knows a lot about her personal life.
Does Tracy work? It seems a long time to be away from a job. Perhaps she saved up her vacation time or is in between jobs?
I still wonder what info isn't being shared.
I hope Tracy just needed some time away and will show up safe soon!

My first thought is that she engineered her own disappearance. The tracker bothers me. My daughter is 23 and I wish I could follow her everywhere, but there are things that seriously cross boundries.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ok a tracker on an adult woman in her 30’s is unacceptable no matter who put it there. Obviously there are facts being withheld, imo.

Yeah, that's not just a red flag, it's a red flag raised high and waving back and forth. Protective is "be sure to call us when you get there" not hiding a tracker on the car of your 31 year old daughter. I agree there's more here than what we're hearing.

Yeah, that's not just a red flag, it's a red flag raised high and waving back and forth. Protective is "be sure to call us when you get there" not hiding a tracker on the car of your 31 year old daughter. I agree there's more here than what we're hearing.

If the parents really are serious about getting help finding her, they need to be more forthcoming. They are not disclosing some important details that would aid in finding her (IMO).

The GPS tracker was put into her car without her knowing. Parents helped check the car before her trip and had it placed in the car.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/KIRO7Seattle/videos/2013668071986269/

If I had parents like that at THIRTY-ONE I'd be tempted to try and ~go missing~ myself. Not joking or taking this lightly. It's so weird.

My best case scenario is that it's something like that, and she will hopefully eventually quietly let police know she's okay but doesn't want contact with her family.

Currently I'm leaning towards she wanted to meet up with someone the family didn't approve of/didn't know. Whatever the case, I hope she's safe and sound somewhere.

Is the fact that her mom put a hidden tracking device on Tracy's car a bit odd to anyone else? It makes me wonder if there may have been issues that the family hasn't mentioned. Having said that, at least they were able to use it to track her to the motel and saw the vehicle hadn't moved in a few days.

Curious - would it be considered illegal for someone to put a tracking device on your vehicle without your knowledge?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's illegal to put a tracking device on a vehicle you don't own being driven by persons over the age of 18. The Supreme Court has upheld as have States "US vs. Jones 2011" State laws may vary (although civil suits for invasion of privacy are still an issue) but California where it was likely initially tracked at Disneyland as she left her parents has a specific law.

California Penal Code 637.7. (a) No person or entity in this state shall use an electronic tracking device to determine the location or movement of a person.

(b) This section shall not apply when the registered owner, lessor, or lessee of a vehicle has consented to the use of the electronic tracking device with respect to that vehicle.

(c) This section shall not apply to the lawful use of an electronic tracking device by a law enforcement agency.

(d) As used in this section, electronic tracking device means any device attached to a vehicle or other movable thing that reveals its location or movement by the transmission of electronic signals.

(e) A violation of this section is a misdemeanor.

(f) A violation of this section by a person, business, firm, company, association, partnership, or corporation licensed under Division 3 (commencing with Section 5000) of the Business and Professions Code shall constitute grounds for revocation of the license issued to that person, business, firm, company, association, partnership, or corporation, pursuant to the provisions that provide for the revocation of the license as set forth in Division 3 (commencing with Section 5000) of the Business and Professions Code.

I agree, there's much more to the story the family is not sharing. I have a daughter in her 30's there is no way I would track her just because I was worried about her making a long drive.

Being from Utah makes me wonder if they are Morman and if that plays into leaving details out. I recall during the Paul Swenson case that people felt his family wasn't being as honest about Paul's life because they were Morman and trying to keep up a veil of perfectionism, for lack of a better word. There has to be a reason they would track her car. If she was checking in every day why would they track her car? It makes me think they thought she might be lying about her destination.

Tracy was previously a University of Washington student and lived in Seattle for years, but moved back home to Utah in 2013.

Snipped by me from: https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/utah-woman-missing-from-ocean-shores/718076796

So if she had been a University of Washington student, she certainly could be familiar with Ocean Shores (and have met someone there she knew from her time as a student?).

Yes. The reporter who did the FB live video linked above said that Tracy was thinking about moving back to Washington. The reporter didn’t say how she had that info, but, in context, it seemed to be something Tracy had told her parents and may have been part of the rationale for the road trip.

I wish we could hear more from friends of hers.

I agree with you all about the GPS tracker - something is being left out.

So Clean and Free appears to be associated with Narcotics Anonymous. A FB commenter from Ocean Shores said all the rooms in town were booked well in advance.

So if Tracy headed to town for the conference (did she??) she probably planned it awhile back. And if she is involved in NA, perhaps her parents are worried about a relapse, hence the tracker on the car. Not that I approve of their doing that, but this may be their worry. Maybe they wanted her to attend the conference but they were afraid she would get sidetracked.

Very odd case. I'd like to hope she's safe wherever she is but all the details certainly don't point to that.

So Clean and Free appears to be associated with Narcotics Anonymous. A FB commenter from Ocean Shores said all the rooms in town were booked well in advance.

So if Tracy headed to town for the conference (did she??) she probably planned it awhile back. And if she is involved in NA, perhaps her parents are worried about a relapse, hence the tracker on the car. Not that I approve of their doing that, but this may be their worry. Maybe they wanted her to attend the conference but they were afraid she would get sidetracked.

If it turns out she is an addict, it's definitely not the way you help an adult with addiction. She's an adult, not a child. She's not even a legal-adult-but-still-mentally-immature 18-24 year old*. She's thirty-one. The decisions you make at 31 are yours to make, nobody else's. You help her by making sure she is able to access the services she wants to access and that she has your love and support, not by committing crimes in order to surveil her against her knowledge. You can't make it happen for her. You just push someone away if you do stuff like that. It's like trying to grip onto soap. A lighter touch yields far greater results.

*neurology research shows brain isn't mature until 25, yada yada

It does seem that the coincidence of the Ocean Shores playing host to a convention organized by Narcotics Anonymous is too strong to ignore. If not attending the convention herself, maybe she was meeting up with or hoping to see someone who was going.

Re: the car tracker
If the parents actually owned the car or the financing was in their name, I think legally they are permitted to install a GPS-tracking device. Additionally if the NA angle is possible, the parents of addicts have often had experience with relapses that put their children, their property, their fininaces etc in harms way. I'm not saying that a lack of trust and invasion of privacy is tolerable for anybody but if it is the case, it's easier to understand where the parents might be coming from.

Here we go! Sister posted an update that a note was found in Tracy‘s car when officers were searching it. The note says: "I know you'll want to, but please don't try to find me. -Goodnight."

After comparing this note to other writings of hers, family thinks it‘s authentic. Officers are still in the process of reviewing surveillance videos to show if Tracy boarded a bus headed to Aberdeen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73
Back