WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I am new here and i have thought about this case for a loong time. Its very sad that he is still unidentified.

I am from Finland(sorry about my maybe bad english) and i dont think he is from Russia.
I am thinking he might be from Italy, Greece, Albania or Serbia.

I showed his photo to my husband and he thinks he might be from France.
After searching some sites i agree, this guy example: http://doenetwork.org/cases/3935dmfra.html

I dont think this guy is Lyle but there are some facial similarities to me, so maybe he could be from France.
I also heard from my French friend that many French guys have unibrow just like Lyle had.

I really hope this case gets solved some day!

Hello! I am new here and i have thought about this case for a loong time. Its very sad that he is still unidentified.

I am from Finland(sorry about my maybe bad english) and i dont think he is from Russia.

After searching some sites i agree, this guy example: http://doenetwork.org/cases/3935dmfra.html

I dont think this guy is Lyle but there are some facial similarities to me, so maybe he could be from France.
I also heard from my French friend that many French guys have unibrow just like Lyle had.

I really hope this case gets solved some day!

Welcome Nanna000! :great:

I agree that he could be from where you suggest. I looked at Interpol for missing men and criminals as well. I was unable to load many pictures. The other thing I thought about was if the belt was something he picked up at a thrift store. Perhaps, unless there was obvious signs of weight fluctuation his clothes were donated from somewhere.

Russia is, in fact, a huge melting pot of different nations and ethnic groups, so the people with dark hair and unibrow aren't a rarity there, especially in the southwestern parts of it.

France and Italy is also some posibility, but something in Lyle's face makes me think about Balkans and the Caucasus region (that means Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan and parts of Russia). We have a huge Armenian community in town and Lyle IMO resembles them very much.

EDITED TO ADD: Google says that there is Armenian community in Boise. And Meridian, which Lyle gave as his home address is, basically, a suburb of Boise.

EDITED TO ADD: Google says that there is Armenian community in Boise. And Meridian, which Lyle gave as his home address is, basically, a suburb of Boise.

And in the Seattle area as well. I know where the local Armenian Catholic Church is.

Welcome Nana!

:floorlaugh: I'd like to correct that : many dark haired and dark skinned guys have unibrows, and there are some in France.

I don't want people to think we all have unibrows here :eek:

I don't think Lyle is French, I agree with Hexe, he could be from the Balkans or Caucasus.

Bump for Lyle.

I happened to stumble upon this picture while looking for info about another case. My heart just stopped for a second as I really thought it could be him. But it's not.

https://vic.crimestoppers.com.au/help-solve-crime/wanted-or-missing-persons/tsiogas-george

Definitely a good resemblance. The name George Tsiogas is of Greek origin.

I realize this is probably a long shot. Some members mentioned Balkans, including Serbia and Bosnia, regarding Lyle. The war in former Yugoslavia started in June 1991 and many people from the area (that would include Serbia and Bosnia) fled the country then, as well as during and after the war, especially to Canada. Could the Canadian Immigration records be checked?

Also, there is a surname Stevic which is fairly common in former Yugoslavia. The last letter is pronounced as "ck" and it would not be unusual if it were changed to "k".

Just wondering.

Welcome Nana!

:floorlaugh: I'd like to correct that : many dark haired and dark skinned guys have unibrows, and there are some in France.

I don't want people to think we all have unibrows here :eek:

I don't think Lyle is French, I agree with Hexe, he could be from the Balkans or Caucasus.

Sorry, i didnt mean to make it sound like that at all! I meant there is guys with unibrows there but not all obviously! :)

KivaSupporter Very interesting theory!

Here is a news story about that war and missing people in Balkans:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10522629

Has anyone considered he could be Jewish? I found a Lyle Stevik on facebook recently who bares a slight resembelance to this Lyle- However some of the other Stevik men in his profile share a stronger resembelance. I believe the one on facebook lived in Arizona but was from Detroit Michigan or some similar place. It is possible that maybe he was at one time a close friend of this Lyle and he adopted his friends or the name of a friends family members name.

JOHN KATSILIERIS

NCMC767896c1.jpg

DOB: Feb 4, 1968
Age Now: 44
Missing: Aug 15, 1985
Missing From:
OAK PARK
IL
United States
Sex: Male
Race: White
Hair: Lt. Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6'2" (188cm)
Weight: 160lbs (73kg)
Age Progressed
NCMC767896e1.jpg

John's photo is shown age-progressed to 41 years. He was last seen at his home in Oak Park, Illinois on August 15, 1985. He left home with his five guitars and is believed to have traveled to California, however, he has not been heard from since he left home.
NCMC_en_US.gif

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)
Santa Ana Police Department (California) 1-714-834-4211

Has he been ruled out as a possible match yet?

My apologys for the size of the photo that popped up in that last post. Totally unintentional. I came across the following young girl who went missing about a month before Lyle died. She was approximately 200 miles away from where Lyle took his life. Her body was not found until sometime afterward. I kind of wonder if there could be a connection. http://www.pollyklaas.org/missing/kids/page-27067262.html
LYDIA BRASCHLER-VARO
ENDANGERED MISSING
FROM MOUNT VERNON, WA
Si Ud tiene alguna información, por favor llame a la Sheriff de Skagit Co. (360) 336-9450
o The Polly Klaas Foundation (800) 587-4357
A Service of the Polly Klaas Search Center - Flyer Issued July 2001

MISSING
IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION ABOUT LYDIA:

PLEASE CALL THE SKAGIT CO. SHERIFF (360) 336-9450

OR CALL THE POLLY KLAAS FOUNDATION (800) 587-4357

Date Missing: July 2, 2001 Date of Birth: October 5, 1987

Age at Disappearance: 13 years Sex: Female

Race: Caucasian Height: 5’4” - 5’5”

Weight: 125 lbs Eyes: Blue

Hair: Dark Blonde, worn shoulder length

Other: Lydia has a gap between her top front teeth and a baby eye-tooth in the top

left side of her mouth. Her ears are pierced and her left ear has a double piercing.

She has several moles on her neck.

Last Seen Wearing: An orange, red and white stripped tank top, blue jeans, white

tennis shoes laced backwards with one white lace and one blue lace, and an off

white visor.

CIRCUMSTANCES

Lydia was last seen leaving a family home to take a walk on July 2

nd in Mount

Vernon, WA. She has not been seen or heard from since that time and is

considered endangered.

Date Missing: 7/2/01
Missing From: Mount Vernon, WA
DOB: 10/5/87
Age at Disappearance: 13 years
Sex: Female
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5'4" - 5'5"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair: Dark blonde, worn shoulder length
Other: Lydia has a gap in between her top front teeth and a baby eyetooth on the top left of her mouth. Her ears are pierced and her left ear has a double piercing. She has several moles on her neck.
Last seen wearing: An orange, red and white stripped tank top, blue jeans, white tennis shoes laced backward with one blue lace and one white lace, and an off-white visor.​

Circumstances: Lydia was last seen leaving a family home to take a walk on July 2nd in Mount Vernon, WA. She has not been seen or heard from since that time and is considered endangered. A $5,000 reward has been established by the Carole Sund - Carrington Memorial Foundation for the successful recovery of Lydia. 2/25/02 Lydia's remains were found April 17, 2002 near Mt. Vernon, Washington.
Date Missing: 7/2/01
Missing From: Mount Vernon, WA
DOB: 10/5/87
Age at Disappearance: 13 years
Sex: Female
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5'4" - 5'5"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair: Dark blonde, worn shoulder length
Other: Lydia has a gap in between her top front teeth and a baby eyetooth on the top left of her mouth. Her ears are pierced and her left ear has a double piercing. She has several moles on her neck.
Last seen wearing: An orange, red and white stripped tank top, blue jeans, white tennis shoes laced backward with one blue lace and one white lace, and an off-white visor.​

Circumstances: Lydia was last seen leaving a family home to take a walk on July 2nd in Mount Vernon, WA. She has not been seen or heard from since that time and is considered endangered. A $5,000 reward has been established by the Carole Sund - Carrington Memorial Foundation for the successful recovery of Lydia. 2/25/02 Lydia's remains were found April 17, 2002 near Mt. Vernon, Washington.​

I may be being a bit redundant in the event the following have been ruled out but what if Lyle is like Steven Staynor an abductee. :furious:I did some checking on various sites and have a few people that may not have been ruled out to date. :what:A coroner once told me to never discount a person based on the listed eye color as it is subjective.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=744058&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

JAYSON NATHANIEL PEARCE
NCMC744058c1.jpg

Case Type: Endangered MissingDOB: Jan 12, 1982Sex: MaleMissing Date: Apr 18, 1983Race: WhiteAge Now: 30Height: 4'2" (127 cm)Missing City: PHOENIXWeight: 50 lbs (23 kg)Missing State : AZHair Color: BrownMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: GreenCase Number: NCMC744058Circumstances: Jayson was last seen at home on April 18, 1983.:please:

MARC JAMES ALLEN

NCMC1053047c1.jpg

Age Progression Case Type: Endangered MissingDOB: May 13, 1972Sex: MaleMissing Date: Mar 29, 1986Race: WhiteAge Now: 40Height: 5'0" (152 cm)Missing City: DES MOINESWeight: 85 lbs (39 kg)Missing State : IAHair Color: BrownMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: BlueCase Number: NCMC1053047Circumstances: Marc's photo is shown age-progressed to 37 years. He was last seen leaving his home is Des Moines, Iowa, on March 29, 1986. He was on his way to a friend's home, but never arrived. The last time he was seen, Marc was wearing a light blue t-shirt, blue jean shorts, white socks, and gray tennis shoes:please:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

DONALD LEE IZZETT, JR.
USMDa5207910c1.jpg

Case Type: Endangered MissingDOB: Nov 5, 1975Sex: MaleMissing Date: May 7, 1995Race: WhiteAge Now: 37Height: 6'2" (188 cm)Missing City: CUMBERLANDWeight: 180 lbs (82 kg)Missing State : MDHair Color: BrownMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: BrownCase Number: USMDa5207910Circumstances: This is a photograph of an individual who was reported missing while under age 21 years and who has been entered into the FBI's National Crime Information Center pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 5779:please:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...USMD&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I may be being a bit redundant in the event the following have been ruled out but what if Lyle is like Steven Staynor an abductee.

Somebody did suggest that on the FB group. Maybe that's why nobody has been able to identify him. He could have been taken by somebody who was desperate for a child.

Has anyone considered he could be Jewish? I found a Lyle Stevik on facebook recently who bares a slight resembelance to this Lyle- However some of the other Stevik men in his profile share a stronger resembelance. I believe the one on facebook lived in Arizona but was from Detroit Michigan or some similar place. It is possible that maybe he was at one time a close friend of this Lyle and he adopted his friends or the name of a friends family members name.

Mizrahim maybe? The majority reside in Israel, Iran, and France. There's a good 3,000+ of them here in Canada.

Did we ever consider his name being something like Stevi K Lyle?

Has anyone considered he could be Jewish?

If he was, what if he was bullied over it? Given how much hatred is heaped onto them by some people in particular.

On another note, that stuff just depresses me. What compels people to blame others for everyone's problems? Sorry for going off topic, but I had to say it.

I thought about it as a possibility, too (given that he was circumcised). I didn't really get very far with it, just that it was a possibility. I wouldn't necessarily say he was Mizrahi, he could also be Sephardi.

Somebody did suggest that on the FB group. Maybe that's why nobody has been able to identify him. He could have been taken by somebody who was desperate for a child.

Or he could be like Steven Stayner who was abducted as a young boy and held as a sex slave to a pedophile until he was almost an adult. He would not have been discovered if the pedophile "Parnell" had not abducted another little boy and Steven took him to the police because he did not want the same thing to happen to that little boy. Steven was not even sure what his name was when he was questioned. He told them "I think my first name is Steven and my last name is Stayner".

Lyle may have been reported missing anywhere from the early 70's, possibly even late 60's, to the early 80s. His family may no longer be searching for him because they are no longer alive, separated, divorced, incarcerated, strung out as a result of his disappearance, or just gave up hope after (it could be as long as 40 years now) so long. They may not be computer literate or even speak English yet if they immigrated. There was no network for missing kids 40 years ago. There was no 911 to call or Amber Alert. If a child was abducted back then if you did not know by who or have any witnesses and they were not located right away - chances are they would not be found. There may be a missing baby or childs reported buried somewhere out there that just needs to be found. I have a third cousin who has been missing since 1978. She was 44 years old and no one has been looking for her because she is presumed to be deceased as a result of domestic battery. I have never been able to find any reference to her anywhere except for what I have put out on the internet. If she was discovered in another county than the one she vanished from - no one would know who she was. For that matter she is not even listed on the County she disappeared froms website

Mizrahim maybe? The majority reside in Israel, Iran, and France. There's a good 3,000+ of them here in Canada.

Could also be Ashkenazi the men tend to resemble more of the Shepardic though but I understand there is not much change in resemblances in the line. Attached is a picture of Beulah Levy from the 1690's.

There is a Lyle Stevick on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/lyle.stevick

Attachments

• Franks-beulah abigail levy Phila.jpg
    Franks-beulah abigail levy Phila.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 45
Maybe it was easier to just recite an address that he remembered, than to try to come up with an original fake one. Obviously he was trying to be anonymous in the situation, so my guess is that it was an address that he remembered but not one he had any close ties to or thought would lead to his identification.
That's my guess anyway.

It could of been an address he was made to memorize when he was younger in the event he had to go to a church for assistance or came into contact with the police or any other type of official that required address information. Does anyone know what was in the place of that hotel before it became a hotel? Was there a farm or anything else there?

Somebody should do some regression sketches, and perhaps if it's possible, do some sketches of what his parents might have looked like.

Someone did a bust of who might have been The Boy In The Box's father, and there was an NCMEC sketch done of the possible mother of an unidentified female infant from the late 80s.

ColdCaseMan, Is it possible for you to run Lyle's DNA against any of the Family Tree DNA (and the likes)? Or would that requires a different type of DNA test? I thought if you found his paternity lineage and that could bring you closer to closing this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazz1391