WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed this case since it first appeared on Websleuths. It's sad to think this poor fellow fellow has remained unidentified after so many years. Although I think it's pretty safe to say he chose this path. Still I cannot imagine his loved ones not wanting to know what happened to him. After all this time with no clues or leads...I wish a complete analysis of his DNA could be done. It could point to his ethnic lineage and would rule out or in some of the various theories and suppositions. It may not lead to a specific identity immediately but may point to a direction to focus on. If he was of Native American/Canadian or Jewish ancestry, the tests would definitely show this. So much information can be found in this kind of deep analysis....I really think it's time for these tests to be done.

A teeny update: I've submitted the autopsy image to the /r/estoration category on Reddit for some touching up, in hopes that we can send a presentable photo to the mainstream public. It's also been a few months since I've contacted The Province and not heard back from them. At all.

A teeny update: I've submitted the autopsy image to the /r/estoration category on Reddit for some touching up, in hopes that we can send a presentable photo to the mainstream public. It's also been a few months since I've contacted The Province and not heard back from them. At all.

Post it in obituaries. They shouldn't have a problem with that. When you ask them to do anything outside of "process & procedure", it throws them in to a kerfluffle.

In addition to The Province, I would post it in the obits of the Toronto paper. Is it The Star?

I just recently submitted a request to Reddit's estoration page regarding Lyle's autopsy photo, asking if some of them could touch it up so that we could send it out to the media. So far, I've had a couple of good ones.

I just recently submitted a request to Reddit's estoration page regarding Lyle's autopsy photo, asking if some of them could touch it up so that we could send it out to the media. So far, I've had a couple of good ones.

Gonna PM Carl. I forgot to include it in my last one.

I just recently submitted a request to Reddit's restoration page regarding Lyle's autopsy photo, asking if some of them could touch it up so that we could send it out to the media. So far, I've had a couple of good ones.

Here's what I came up with:

0e96df75-e028-4355-927e-7530e3ff543c.jpg

Norman Rivet (https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2013000130&id=3) at about 18-21, Lyle Stevik from Carl's recon. (Interestingly, Rivet's picture at RMCP says to check for updated information.))

Looks like this was already sent to the NAMUS contact in May (see post #884 and surrounding posts) yet he's not listed as a rule-out...might be worth sending Lyle's info to the RCMP as well, and perhaps following up with the NAMUS contact?

(As an aside, all the cases on the RCMP missing site have that same flag regarding "verify current information").

Looks like this was already sent to the NAMUS contact in May (see post #884 and surrounding posts) yet he's not listed as a rule-out...might be worth sending Lyle's info to the RCMP as well, and perhaps following up with the NAMUS contact?

(As an aside, all the cases on the RCMP missing site have that same flag regarding "verify current information").

Yes, I should have mentioned that it was submitted -- thanks for bringing that up. I just thought Carl's new recon looked even more like Norman. Are they keeping the ruleouts list up to date? It wasn't that long ago so I suppose we might have to wait for some time.

And thanks for the info about the RCMP site.

Maybe I'll call the person in charge of the case tomorrow to see if they've explored Norman as an option since having been sent 3 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed the regional contact on Lyle's case and the Canadian Missing Persons Bureau.

On a side note, I was looking for Lyle in Namus and for some reason got his DOD wrong... oh lord when I couldn't find him (before realizing I had the date wrong), my heart leapt out of my chest! LOL

Also, my problem with Norman is that in 2001, he would've been on the older side of his late 30s. Lyle doesn't look like he's that old.. :X

Astridxx, many men look younger than they are. More so than women do. Which is why I've always thought I should've married someone at least 10 yrs older just so I would always be even more younger looking,lol.

Thanks so much Carl! Has to be one of my favorites that you've done!
How do you feel after I gave you the other 2 photos?

Thanks. His face wasn't in that bad of shape to start with.

I had to lower his eyebrows and remove the big wrinkle from his forehead. The raised eyebrows and wrinkled forehead are common postmortem effects, becuse the muscles between the eyes and eyebrows relax after death.

Of course, I had to open his eyes a little, and fix his lips a little, and straighten out his hairstyle (with a little help from Pierce Brosnan), remove the lividity from his skin, and give him a plaid shirt taken from a photo of a guy that I found on the web.

But I think this is pretty much what he looked like. He looks much less "exotic" with the postmortem effects taken out.

The new rendition from Carl DEFINITELY makes Lyle look older, which in turn, bring more possibilities for matches IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. His face wasn't in that bad of shape to start with.

I had to lower his eyebrows and remove the big wrinkle from his forehead. The raised eyebrows and wrinkled forehead are common postmortem effects, becuse the muscles between the eyes and eyebrows relax after death.

Of course, I had to open his eyes a little, and fix his lips a little, and straighten out his hairstyle (with a little help from Pierce Brosnan), remove the lividity from his skin, and give him a plaid shirt taken from a photo of a guy that I found on the web.

But I think this is pretty much what he looked like. He looks much less "exotic" with the postmortem effects taken out.

It's your best yet! Brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member