WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ergh, I haven't even had time to catch up to figure out how we got onto suspecting that Lyle has connections to Circus Chimera, but the picture looked close enough to me to head into a rabbit hole trying to figure out if anyone was reported missing from the circus. Someone chronicled the last days of the circus on a blog, but unfortunately it only goes back to 2006...no mysterious disappearances yet...http://themudshowdiaries.blogspot.com

I might have missed it on here, but googling the flying rodogels brought me to the Ramon Bros circus. The Ramon family once were known as the Rodogel Brothers (performing in the us since 1983) according to their website. They were a flying trapeze act. The family now have their own circus (since 2005). Am I correct that this seems to be the same family/same act (flying rodogels)? If so, have they been contacted? I've read either here or on Reddit that a FB message was send to the owner of a circus, but I kind of figured it was the former owner of the Chimera Circus (where the picture of the guy in the striped shirt was taken) and not the Ramon Bros circus. But I'm very tired and might have just missed a bunch of stuff.

I'm considering contacting the Rodogels directly, it's plausible that they have no current connection to the Circus Chimera owner.

I'm going to kick it around for a few hours. Not sure how to approach the topic sensitively, although I do have good communication intro material (read: industry name dropping, lol).

Suggestions are welcome.

Ergh, I haven't even had time to catch up to figure out how we got onto suspecting that Lyle has connections to Circus Chimera, but the picture looked close enough to me to head into a rabbit hole trying to figure out if anyone was reported missing from the circus. Someone chronicled the last days of the circus on a blog, but unfortunately it only goes back to 2006...no mysterious disappearances yet...http://themudshowdiaries.blogspot.com

A disappearance may not have been suspicious. Performers drop in and out of tours very regularly due to injury, conflict, illness, money, change of lineup, etc. It's completely normal.

A disappearance may not have been suspicious. Performers drop in and out of tours very regularly due to injury, conflict, illness, money, change of lineup, etc. It's completely normal.

Yes, the blog I found mentions lots of comings and goings. I knew it was a long shot. Darn! Lyle looks like he could be Russian to me. The blog mentions a good number of Russians, even though the group did include many more Mexicans.

I'm not good with nationalities/ethnicities, but I just looked up Bulgarians, and the images I found greatly resembled this JD.

Mrsobrien have u contacted them? Wow this is more interesting each day. Hope he will be identified soon.

Enviado desde mi ALE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Mrsobrien have u contacted them? Wow this is more interesting each day. Hope he will be identified soon.

Enviado desde mi ALE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

What I decided to do first is to speak to my circus boss (ring leader, if you will) before doing anything else. There's a good chance she can offer useful advice or perhaps has a preferred point of contact for me. Its possible she even knows people affiliated with Chimera and the performers. Given this resource, I think it's the most appropriate course of action. I meet with her this Monday. :-D

I'm considering contacting the Rodogels directly, it's plausible that they have no current connection to the Circus Chimera owner.

I'm going to kick it around for a few hours. Not sure how to approach the topic sensitively, although I do have good communication intro material (read: industry name dropping, lol).

Suggestions are welcome.

I normally say I'm a missing and unidentified person's advocate, and why I'm contacting them

I'm not good with nationalities/ethnicities, but I just looked up Bulgarians, and the images I found greatly resembled this JD.

Hi Alley! Yes, phenotypes are so hard. Especially with so much global mobility. I posted this missing person in a past thread. I can't remember how we decided to rule it out. But, yes, looking beyond the states can be helpful. Students who overstay, tourists who overstay, fairly recent immigrants who don't even have a history or family in the US to notice them missing, etc.
Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 16.25.52.png
Pavel Skorodumov
Missing since March 16, 1995 from Greece
Classification: Missing
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male.
Other: Citizen of Israel

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/2299dmgrc.html

Hello everyone. I'm still catching up, reading thread #3 but I had to chime in. I couldn't help but notice Lyle's ears are very similar to my mothers and grandmothers.

My mothers on the left and Lyle on the right

IMG_2313.JPG

Finally caught up...

So the isotope results suggested he was from the southern states. I'm from Oklahoma so I just used that as a starting point but on this map, I checked with the other states mentioned too and Meridan, ID would be on every route to get to the Lake Quinault Inn.
3590e30a2ab4db9a471fd2fe505d2f15.jpg

My theory is he traveled from one of those southern states, possibly had a few stops on the way but for sure one of those stops was the hotel in Meridan, ID. Perhaps he tried to commit suicide there but couldn't follow through with it. So after his failed attempt he decides to keep traveling north. He gets to the hotel in Washington and it still takes him a few days to work up the nerve, that's why he planned on staying one night but ended up staying a few days. I think the pacing on the highway was him trying to convince himself. He starts to write a suicide note but then as ccm said it would be obvious it was a suicide so he crumpled the paper up and throws it away. Puts the blanket over the window, places the pillows on each side of the bar and decides it's time.

All moo. Whatever the circumstances were, it's so saddening that he decided this was his only option. I truly hope he is at peace now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to check this thread quite a bit when I was lurking....before I joined. Some amazing developments on this. I noticed some newspaper stories before when I was googling for photos of the circus. It looks like an elephant trampled someone involved with this circus in 2000. Just Google Kenya elephant trample. The stories should pop up. I wonder if this has anything to do with Lyle? Sorry if someone already posted this info. I tried to read through all the newer posts but might have missed some. My tablet is not being cooperative today.

I used to check this thread quite a bit when I was lurking....before I joined. Some amazing developments on this. I noticed some newspaper stories before when I was googling for photos of the circus. It looks like an elephant trampled someone involved with this circus in 2000. Just Google Kenya elephant trample. The stories should pop up. I wonder if this has anything to do with Lyle? Sorry if someone already posted this info. I tried to read through all the newer posts but might have missed some. My tablet is not being cooperative today.

Quite a few incidences with circus animals around that time.
http://www.humanesociety.org/assets/pdfs/wildlife/circus/0WILD_Animals_and_People_at_the_Circus.pdf

Yeah, I was surprised to see that many incidents in the Humane Society pdf too. When I ran across that I expected it to be a small list. I don't recall hearing about many of those in the news.

Does anybody know of any other groups whose fans follow them around on tour, much like the Grateful Dead? I believe that Lyle could have been doing this.

Phish, Spin Doctors and Widespread Panic, Blues Traveler -- none had as consistent a following as the Dead but they did have their devotees who would follow them around, sometimes following multiple groups around (e.g., both Phish and the Spin Doctors), and there was a lot of overlap between those groups and deadheads who didn't have an outlet after Jerry Garcia died. FWIW, he looks more like a Nirvana fan to me than the stereotype of someone who was really into Phish, but of course you can't tell a book by its cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21