WARNING:GRAPHIC PHOTOS Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it can be locked from the outside, yes? We don't have to assume anybody crawled out through her window.

Do you know if that key was ever found? I'm just curious whether you know off the top of your head. Please don't feel you need to make a research project out of the subject.

Meredith's keys were missing.

Ample information was discussed and posted on this forum citing Italian law and the difference between a fast track trial and a full trial. Rudy opted for the fast track because he was afraid that AK and RS would blame him entirely for the murder. AK and RS took their chances with the jury.

Conspiracy theorists believe that Rudy was given a reduced sentence because he apologized as it helps paint Amanda as a poor little victim of the mean Italians. The fact is that AK, RS, and RG had legal options ... RG was the only defendant that acknowledge participation in the murder, opted for the fast track, and received the required 1/3 reduction of sentence at the end of all appeals.

Uh, dude, I AGREED with you. I was merely pointing out the numerous media accounts that mention an apology. It's understandable if some posters are confused as to the reason for the reduction of RG's sentence.

Perhaps I went overboard with the word "countless". My bad. But you have mentioned several details about RG that AK "might have" known, yet at other times you claim she was unable to understand any Italian.

In what language do you imagine she was grilling RG on his criminal history?

I disagree. I have not, at any time, suggested that Amanda knew personal details about Rudy's life.

I have no idea what Amanda and Rudy knew about each other's personal lives. They met three times prior to the murder, including partying with pot.

Yes, it would seem so. Yes, I always have referred to myself proudly as an "Italian-American" but perhaps it is time to put such things behind us. :seeya:

Not quite. I need to refer to myself as a "Scottish-American" when I am explaining why I don't have red hair, that I am not Catholic, and that I do not wear green or get drunk on March 17.

But they did not find them on Knox or Sollecito, or among their things? Maybe Rudy disposed of them in Germany.

Maybe Amanda and Raffaele threw them into the ravine around the same time they tossed the phones.

Not quite. I need to refer to myself as a "Scottish-American" when I am explaining why I don't have red hair, that I am not Catholic, and that I do not wear green or get drunk on March 17.
Yes, I need such, too, to explain why as an Italian, I am not Catholic, do not have many characteristics of an Italian. ;)

Is there any reason for not scrolling through the 10 or 12 photos of the door handle depicting both the inside and outside of the door?

Yes, a key was needed to lock it from the inside and the outside of the room ... the photos of the actual door demonstrate this.

I scrolled through the Photos - cannot tell how or if the lock works the way it looks... I know from personal experience of installing locks... we need someone who actually worked the lock to tell us if it is working, and if it could be set from the inside to lock when you left the room.

Dempsey's book costs $7.99, and it's a quick read. It will help with understanding the family's perspective of the facts. Dempsey may be playing a bit with "Amanda the victim" when she claims that Amanda did not know enough Italian to do anything more than order pizza, but that is her position on Amanda's knowledge of Italian. I decided that since there is automatic skepticism of information coming out of the court, perhaps information coming from people that believe Amanda is a victim would be taken seriously. It seems that is also viewed with skepticism if the facts are unfavorable to Knox. The bottom line is that there are many facts that are unfavorable to Knox. Some people seem to have a bottomless pit of explanations for everything she did ... others look at is as problematic for the innocence argument.

The interpreter that arrived at 12:30 was not an interrogator. She was hauled out of bed to interpret, and the family's position is that she was not a proper interpreter. Regardless, Amanda signed two statements confirming what she said during her questioning as a witness, and as a suspect. She then reiterated her statement a day later.

I disagree. Whatever her title may have been (and I don't believe it was "Interpreter"), I'm satisfied that she acted as an additional interrogator, albeit one who could speak English.

Maybe Amanda and Raffaele threw them into the ravine around the same time they tossed the phones.
Well, it was not the ravine they thought it was, at night, in the dark. It led to Mrs. What's-Her-Name's garden. Did they not do a thorough search of that area, with metal detectors???:waitasec:

I scrolled through the Photos - cannot tell how or if the lock works the way it looks... I know from personal experience of installing locks... we need someone who actually worked the lock to tell us if it is working, and if it could be set from the inside to lock when you left the room.

The photos illustrate the inside of the door; where it can be seen that the deadbolt lock requires a key, and the outside of the door; where it can also be seen that the deadbolt requires a key.

I disagree. I have not, at any time, suggested that Amanda knew personal details about Rudy's life.

I have no idea what Amanda and Rudy knew about each other's personal lives. They met three times prior to the murder, including partying with pot.

I don't know what you consider "personal." But you claim that AK could not have known that RG's fingerprints were on file at the police station. This implies that she would somehow have accumulated some knowledge of him.

I disagree. Whatever her title may have been (and I don't believe it was "Interpreter"), I'm satisfied that she acted as an additional interrogator, albeit one who could speak English.

Why do you think that interpreters are interrogators?

Otto; In your opinion, why did the investigators not find the MK's keys in the area where the phones were thrown? It was stated that at night, this may have looked like an empty area of wilderness, but it actually was someone's yard and garden. Where did those keys go?

Well, it was not the ravine they thought it was, at night, in the dark. It led to Mrs. What's-Her-Name's garden. Did they not do a thorough search of that area, with metal detectors???:waitasec:

Should police have used metal detectors all along the road between the cottage and the location where the phones were found on the offhand chance the keys were there? Sounds like a potential huge waste of money.

Should police have used metal detectors all along the road between the cottage and the location where the phones were found on the offhand chance the keys were there? Sounds like a potential huge waste of money.
why would they have left them on the road? :(

The photos illustrate the inside of the door; where it can be seen that the deadbolt lock requires a key, and the outside of the door; where it can also be seen that the deadbolt requires a key.

I see what you are referring to, and you are correct - thanks for your patience!

I was thinking that maybe the top clasp was also locking - but if it were, there would be something on the inside of the door to set it, and I do not see anything like that.

So who had the key to lock MK's door from the outside?

I see what you are referring to, and you are correct - thanks for your patience!

I was thinking that maybe the top clasp was also locking - but if it were, there would be something on the inside of the door to set it, and I do not see anything like that.

So who had the key to lock MK's door from the outside?
Well, many would say Amanda. :(

Well, many would say Amanda. :(

Could be Filomena or anyone else who lived in the cottage, no? Locking the door doesn't mean whomever locked it murdered MK... though upon locking it they should have contacted LE.
Would RG have locked it to give himself some get-away time?

Could be Filomena or anyone else who lived in the cottage, no? Locking the door doesn't mean whomever locked it murdered MK... though upon locking it they should have contacted LE.
Would RG have locked it to give himself some get-away time?
Yes, that is true, but then they would also have had to have been suspected of having motive to lock Meredith's door....:waitasec: The only ones LE suspected were AK and RS (and RG). . . because whoever locked the door, did so upon a dead and bloody MK. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horizon54