Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotcha before. I just wanted to point out the other ways boys are abused in FLDS as well. That it's not just the female population in general. IMO, you are screwed in that faith unless you are a perverted old fart.

I gotcha before. I just wanted to point out the other ways boys are abused in FLDS as well. That it's not just the female population in general. IMO, you are screwed in that faith unless you are a perverted old fart.

Abolutely. The POFs have young wives, control all the money, and and don't work. They are revered because they claim they have visions and messages from God.

What a bunch of creeps. :mad:

I'll be praying for these young kids. I know they must be scared.

What a bunch of creeps. :mad:

I'll be praying for these young kids. I know they must be scared.

Taxi, I guarantee these kids are terrified and might even feel death for them is soon. They have been brainwashed and lied to about what the world is about. They've been taught things about the world, history, life, that is pure fiction. You can probably compare it to being told the world is flat but worse. That's really why TV watching is not allowed. They don't want their people to know any different.

ETA: when people do leave the FLDS, they've literally stepped onto a different planet.

The opposition to the raid has already started making complaints about the raid. And no one is stating the obvious. The level of authority needed just to get into the compound. When they barred the compound doors, they possibly committed a crime- obstruction of justice or interfering with official business or something.

Authorities had the warrants, but the 'citizens' in the compound attempt to thwart them.

Once they got in, if they found other children possibly being abused they would have to take them. And probably all they had to do was look around at the number of young girls holding babies or say if you are under a certain age and in a spiritual committment/marriage raise your hand.

I remember. Remember MOVE in Philly?

Linda, do you know the name of the guy that had the child with one of the Africa's a few years ago? He wanted to get custody and then he wound up dead over in Jersey at his apartment? Sorry for the hijack. I remember my dad making a ton of overtime back then. He'd tell us about them rats down there as big as cats and all. Compunds are cwayzzzy.

Taxi, I guarantee these kids are terrified and might even feel death for them is soon. They have been brainwashed and lied to about what the world is about. They've been taught things about the world, history, life, that is pure fiction. You can probably compare it to being told the world is flat but worse. That's really why TV watching is not allowed. They don't want their people to know any different.

ETA: when people do leave the FLDS, they've literally stepped onto a different planet.

I hope authorities are sensitive to this as it appears very complicated to make a transition to the regular world. But, the world they were living in was horrible for all children to endure. Slavery and worst....spirit robbing of children due to abuse.

After generations, I think they're genetically WRONG. :(

There is a genetic study at the University of Utah based on that, that's been going on for decades. Their babies are also born with so many defects. Way above the norm for the general population. At the moment I can't recall the name of polygamist group in Northern Utah that's the main focus of this study. They own and operate "Waste Management". Yes, that is the same Waste Management that operates all over the U.S. Anyways, they were on a plane with me and my family, returning from Disneyland. They all look the same and have an odd FAS/Downs look about them. IIRC, this groups doctrine mandates that marriages be second cousins or closer. Uncles and nieces are the most common. How do they hide these marriage arraingements? The wives/nieces rarely live with the men. And when confronted by authorities, the women say things like they took sperm from a used condom and impregnated themselves with a turkey baster.

There is alot of welfare fraud involved with these groups as the women will not be truthfull about who the father is and claim to have had a one night stand with a trucker so they can collect welfare benefits.

They are the Kingston Clan:

http://www.rickross.com/reference/polygamy/polygamy25.html

On a dilapidated dairy farm at the end of Redwood Road in Woods Cross, the late John Ortell Kingston, would-be Utah dairy king and self-anointed leader of one of the largest polygamous clans in America, fancied himself a geneticist. In breeding stock, he looked for high milk production. At home, the desired traits were his own. "My father experimented inbreeding with his cattle and then he turned to his children," says Connie Rugg, one of John Ortell's estimated 65 children and one of a handful of Kingston relatives who have fled the clan. Faced with the forced marriage to an uncle, Rugg left the Kingstons.
"All my life, my family told me I had to marry a Kingston," says Rugg. "I could choose, but it had to be a brother, uncle or cousin."
While the clan shares many of the beliefs of other polygamous groups in Utah, incest, for many of the Kingston leaders, is their indelible difference. (more at link)

I read "Under the Banner" ... what an eye-opener that book is.

But, seriously besides the physical defects ... these folks are kooks, who continue to breed, perpetuating generation after generation of kookier kooks.

It's as if you would take two paranoid schizophrenics, who have children ... whose children only marry paranoid schizophrenics and fast forward 5 generations. To my mind, this disaster is the kind you get.

If animals were bred that way ... well, it would be BAD.

Info on the Kingston's businesses and money. For all the money they have, the women and children are set up in a dump somewhere and have to scrounge for food. DFS have time and time again removed the kids from horrid living conditions.

http://tinyurl.com/54fq4a

Jeez, how funny we were posting the same concept simultaneously.

Scary concept too. Grandpa Kingston literally raised his family to breed like his cows.

I was taken aback by the "lost boys" link you provided. I knew about the abuse that the women and girls suffered, but never realized that the boys were just kicked out.

It's really no different than animal behavior ... say like a pride of lions.

I was taken aback by the "lost boys" link you provided. I knew about the abuse that the women and girls suffered, but never realized that the boys were just kicked out.

It's really no different than animal behavior ... say like a pride of lions.

or a herd of horses....

OMG!!! 167 kids removed! ETA: It's a miracle that this did not turn violent.

http://www.myeldorado.net/

Buses from Schleicher County ISD and First Baptist Church of Eldorado were pressed into service Friday to transport 167 children away from the YFZ Ranch where they had been removed from their parents custody by Texas Child Protective Services in accordance with a court order issued by 51st District Judge Barbara Walther.
The children range in age from 6 months of 17 years. There are 96 boys and 71 girls. CPS is trying to determine if the parents of the babies are among the young girls they took into custody, or if the parents even live at the YFZ Ranch.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2008/apr/05/official-on-children-at-flds-ranch-it-is-not-for/

Official on children at FLDS ranch: 'It is not safe for them to remain'

(snip)
According to state law, a girl younger than 17 cannot consent to have sex unless her partner is less than three years older than she, or she is married. Girls younger than 16, however, cannot be married, even with parental consent, and according to the birth date listed in the warrant, the girl was only 15 when she gave birth.

I think it's fabulous that CPS and law enforcement came swooping in the way they did after one phone call from a 16 yr old girl! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member