watching the trial on an android phone? post your solutions here:

I have unlimited data and it stopped working for me yesterday. UStream on a Droid. Has always worked until yesterday. Add me to the list of cranky.

Ustream did an upgrade the day it stopped working. Google Play describes the upgrade as "an important connectivity update for live content. It also features various performance and stream handling improvements". I hate to say it but It will only be fixed with another upgrade.

Make sure if you are having problems with Ustream you report it in Google Play along with the model of your phone. It sounds like it affects anyone running Ice Cream Sandwich. Can anybody running Jellybean confirm if it is affecting them?

Cute side item, if you go to settings, about phone, then tap Android Version about 5 times in quick succession, you will start a cute animation of either androids flying in ice cream sandwich suits or pretty jellybeans to verify what operating system you have.

Just hit the phone or tablets back button to end animation.

Eta: I am using Dolphin Browser but it's not nearly as trouble free as Ustream USED to be. PLUS the sound is terrible even when using my Bluetooth speaker. This Ustream problem has really messed up my trial watching setup. How am I expected to be a good juror with all these technical issues???

Cute side item, if you go to settings, about phone, then tap Android Version about 5 times in quick succession, you will start a cute animation of either androids flying in ice cream sandwich suits or pretty jellybeans to verify what operating system you have.

Just hit the phone or tablets back button to end animation.

*snipped by me*

How cute! I have gingerbread OS on my Samsung Exhilarate.

I downloaded the WildAboutTrial app and it's working on my Droid!! Yippee! Thanks everyone for you help.

Tried to do the "cute thing" and it would work..but my Droid is a dinosaur. Still like it though.

WildAboutTrial app still says their mobile stream is not working. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone running Android 4.2.2.

Ustream of course is still not working. I have a feeling it's something that AZFamily.com needs to change on their end as other streaming shows on Ustream are working.

I'm trying Skyfire right now but no dice yet.

Just another suggestion of a good browser until ustream is fixed.

Ninesky its super fast and really easy to use.

I've used all the basic stock browsers and most others available and this is one of the best.

A note to someone who said chrome isn't compatible with Samsung galaxy s3,it is...mine came with it pure installed as did both my s2s and I'm fairly sure that the s4 will have it too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

WildAboutTrial app still says their mobile stream is not working. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone running Android 4.2.2.

Ustream of course is still not working. I have a feeling it's something that AZFamily.com needs to change on their end as other streaming shows on Ustream are working.

I'm trying Skyfire right now but no dice yet.

Moo - sky fire is carp so many bad reviews.

Try ninesky that's what I'm using. Watching on azcentral

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I have unlimited data, so that's not the problem...

I don't think data allotment, ie unlimited data usage, is the same thing as bandwidth. Sometimes crazy fast download speeds are promoted/advertised/possible but the provider has ways to even out or restrict how much bandwidth each subscriber gets.

I don't think data allotment, ie unlimited data usage, is the same thing as bandwidth. Sometimes crazy fast download speeds are promoted/advertised/possible but the provider has ways to even out or restrict how much bandwidth each subscriber gets.

Yes. Even if you have unlimited data...you really don't. After you reach whatever data cap your provider decides upon, they then let you stream or download but it will be so slow it will drive you mad....dial up slow and worse. So use Wi-Fi whenever possible.

That doesn't have anything to do with Ustream's problems though. Whenever they "upgraded" the app earlier this week, something went very wrong. Bad move with a bunch of crazed trial junkies trying to watch!

I am watching Wild About Trial's website Using Dolphin browser. It is more stable and the sound is better than any of the configurations I tried yesterday on my Samsung Galaxy 2 running Android 4.0.4.

I am going to check out Ninesky on lunchbreak.

Okay I got the trial to stream on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus using:

1. Manually load/install Adobe Flash player apk, which I had to search to find, download, and install on my phone. Note: Android users won't see it available through Google Play. You have to download it separately. I got mine HERE.

2. SkyFire Browser (free, and available in Google Play)

With the successful installation of Adobe Flash 11.x player I am now able to access the trial stream on azfamily.com.

:)

What about Sirius/XM radio? Is there a channel that streams audio of the trial? That would probably work better for me, because I'm more interested in listening than in watching.

Make sure if you are having problems with Ustream you report it in Google Play along with the model of your phone. It sounds like it affects anyone running Ice Cream Sandwich. Can anybody running Jellybean confirm if it is affecting them?Cute side item, if you go to settings, about phone, then tap Android Version about 5 times in quick succession, you will start a cute animation of either androids flying in ice cream sandwich suits or pretty jellybeans to verify what operating system you have.

BBM & Snipped by me

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 running JellyBean 4.1.1 (I misstated before saying it was ICS, but it is JellyBean) and UStream is no longer working for me either. I have unlimited data through T-mobile which means the first 5GB are 4G no bandwidth issues, plus it didn't correct the issue using wi-fi. Wild About Trial app wouldn't work yesterday for streaming, haven't tried today. Photon brower (I have the $6.99 premium just because I had free google play money) has worked well for streaming the AZfamily live feed.

Let me re-phrase...I have unlimited 4g network...I have never experienced any slowdowns, even when I have my kindle hd hooked to my hotspot and running movies...

as a former 3rd shifter, I ran lots and lots of movies :D

I'm not sure the issue is Ustream...it might be with AZFamily and *how* they are streaming their broadcast to Ustream for Android. If Ustream changed their software code and AZFamily hasn't updated something on their end, this could be what is causing an issue. The reason I say this is because other live stream broadcasts (not AZFamily) on Ustream do work just fine. So it's something about AZFamily stream specifically that isn't working for droid users.

In other words... make sure to alert AZFamily.com that their Ustream broadcast for Android users isn't working.

I'm not sure the issue is Ustream...it might be with AZFamily and *how* they are streaming their broadcast to Ustream for Android. If Ustream changed their software code and AZFamily hasn't updated something on their end, this could be what is causing an issue. The reason I say this is because other live stream broadcasts (not AZFamily) on Ustream do work just fine. So it's something about AZFamily stream specifically that isn't working for droid users.

In other words... make sure to alert AZFamily.com that their Ustream broadcast for Android users isn't working.

I contacted Mike gurtzman at AZ family at 602- 207 3333. he said some folks were having problems and he believes it was because ustream made some changes. he suggested I use the television app on their site, and that was buffering so badly I was an hour behind at the end of the morning session.

I'm not sure if they have any other calls about this.

I tried all the mobile apps that were on the threads and none of them worked well either. Neither did wild about trial.

I think I will re contact Mike as he requested and let him know that I really want him to work on getting it to work with ustream!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I use ABC15.com on Bing browser, MYTouch4. Can use Google too I've been told. Hope this helps someone. I haven't had problems of any kind, but I do need to make sure my phone is held horizontally and not vertically, or the dreaded circle shows up in the center of the screen.

Is Ustream working on Gingerbread?

Eta: That was geek speak for "is Ustream working on your phone"?

No, UStream isn't working on gingerbread either... but, someone mentioned "Skyfire" app and UStream does work on that browser! That's how I watched it this afternoon.

It's free just download from Google Play and install. Then, use that browser to bring up the UStream site and search for "azfamily" and watch it that way.

The UStream app isn't working right now on the androids....

Couple of solutions....

Use the Chrome browser and go straight to www.azfamily.com and you can watch it (that's what I'm using right now), DO NOT download their mobile app, you can't watch live with it.

I've got the Dolphin browser on NPH's phone, for when I kill mine :D same thing go to AZfamily.com

And I've got the Opera Browser on my Kindle HD, but you have to go through some hoops to get it loaded. Opera also works on the new Ice Cream Sandwich OS for android.

I thought it was my phone! I was watching Azfamily on Ustream til yesterday. I put wildabouttrial app on but it freezes up on me. How do you get the chrome browser..is it in the playstore?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grace55
Back