Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the witness testimony that’s we’ve heard to date, I appreciate everyone who’s taken the stand for being very forthcoming. It can’t be easy but in order to successfully prosecution a conviction, we’re learning why it’s possible a suicide did not occur after all.

This is a very unusual trial.

So I wonder, given the emphasis on homicide versus suicide, what will be the defence strategy? Will the tide change and will DM get thrown under the bus in an attempt to argue that WM indeed had reason to take his own life because he finally faced DM failings, including not being capable of ever taking over the hanger business that was WM’s heavily invested dream? Heart broken at finally realizing his son was a total loser who he should’ve kicked to the curb long ago? In his senior years, he’s in a situation owning 1/2 share of a business with a total embarrassment? I really don’t know, just wondering.

While I really can’t doubt DM pulled the trigger, the other half of my head can’t help but think perhaps his father had many reasons to take his own life if pride and accomplishment were things that were important to him. All around a very tragic real life story that serves as an example why money does not always buy happiness.

Would family members of a suicide victim blatantly lie to others about cause of death? In my (slightly biased) opinion, Millard flat out lying and saying WM died of a brain aneurysm rather than being honest speaks to his guilt. Perhaps there are other reason that a family member would flat out lie? I can see wanting privacy and maybe struggling with the stigma of suicide by staying quiet or not giving details, but flat out lying seems to be a bigger step than I would expect.

LE was quick to charge DM with murder of WM after TB's death. I have to think they found some very incriminating evidence on DM's computers and cell phones, once they searched all the data. And, maybe MS wrote another rap song. Is there more in those letters from the jailhouse?
If only Pedo could talk.

Would family members of a suicide victim blatantly lie to others about cause of death? In my (slightly biased) opinion, Millard flat out lying and saying WM died of a brain aneurysm rather than being honest speaks to his guilt. Perhaps there are other reason that a family member would flat out lie? I can see wanting privacy and maybe struggling with the stigma of suicide by staying quiet or not giving details, but flat out lying seems to be a bigger step than I would expect.

In ordinary circumstances, that family members might not always reveal the fact of a loved one’s suicide does happen because it can often lead into needless and even harmful speculation. If anything, family members are already burdened with guilt in their loss and sometimes there’s good reason for even an honest person to be less than honest when being outrightly asked, especially in the case of a sudden death.

This case is unusual because it appears WMs circle was so very small - those closest to him were his girlfriend, son and exwife and none of them hotly disputed the cause of death. Would an acquaintance or employee have cast suspicion upon DM if they’d known more information , as the trial proceeds we shall find out.

6Degrees, I found the DNA article a few days before the trial started. I don’t recall it being posted here as it wasn’t part of the trial, just pre-trial stuff. So that’s probably why you didn’t find it here.

Here’s the article on DNA again incase anyone missed it on the now closed page. It’s towards the bottom of the article.

Convicted killer Dellen Millard to stand trial in death of father

LE was quick to charge DM with murder of WM after TB's death. I have to think they found some very incriminating evidence on DM's computers and cell phones, once they searched all the data. And, maybe MS wrote another rap song. Is there more in those letters from the jailhouse?
If only Pedo could talk.
I'm thinking the same thing. There seems to be nothing really as of yet. Just a few anomalies' but no real proof of anything even the coroner didn't really do much. I was hoping for some evidence of the trajectory of the bullet, toxin screen, etc. but instead got he was alcoholic and died of a gunshot wound to the eye , had a blood alcohol level slightly above legal driving limits (so if he was alcoholic he wouldn't even be tipsy) and I didn't move the bag (which btw I think he did). Oh and I agree where the hell are the fingerprints. I find that to one of the strangest & most incriminating things - you have to grip a gun pretty firmly to get a shot off.

Last edited:
If only Pedo could talk.

Or possible, they have a confession he made to one of his lowlife buddies. The problem with that is none of them are totally credible.

If only Pedo could talk.

I agree! Can’t wait to see what stupid crap these clowns did to get busted for another murder!

I’m leaning on all of the above! Specially jailhouse letters! Also, how much did MJW sing when he got busted for being the murder weapons seller linked to a couple murders?

For gangster and want to be gangsters, they were all very stupid on leaving bread crumbs EVERYWHERE!!

I'm also wondering about MB in the whole thing... At the time she may have firmly believed that it was a suicide, and maybe she still does? Or she doesn't believe it but is in denial or was/is choosing to turn a blind eye? I get the impression (based on the fact that, as far as I recall, she hasn't been in attendance at any of the trials?) that she doesn't want to know anything and is trying to shield herself from it. Or of course maybe she does know things and is protecting her son...

I sort of think (just a hunch and not really based on any facts) that it was a complete shock to her when she got the call from DM that night, but it does seem like something went on between the two of them in the course of them speaking on the phone for a bit before she even drove over to Maple Gate, then her being in the house for between 5 and 10 minutes before calling 911...

I guess we'll hear her version of events next Friday!

Last edited:
If only Pedo could talk.

A Toronto Star column from the other day states "It was the slaying of Bosma in May, 2013, which led investigators to reopen the Wayne Millard case. The alleged discovery of Dellen Millard’s DNA on the grip of the .32-calibre Smith & Wesson revolver found next to his father’s bed resulted in the laying of a murder charge."
(Opinion | Dellen Millard, convicted of first degree murder in killing of Tim Bosma, Laura Babcock, is now on trial in the death of his father)

Surely it must have been more than that, though...

6Degrees, I found the DNA article a few days before the trial started. I don’t recall it being posted here as it wasn’t part of the trial, just pre-trial stuff. So that’s probably why you didn’t find it here.

Here’s the article on DNA again incase anyone missed it on the now closed page. It’s towards the bottom of the article.

Convicted killer Dellen Millard to stand trial in death of father
This information in that article is new to me:

"Wayne Millard had the means -- a plane, a helicopter and money to burn -- for the venture. He and Burns, who would later become his wife, were making a film about the seal hunt with the help of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society founder Paul Watson."

"Wayne Millard was a longtime Air Canada pilot before getting involved with Millardair. He once sued Air Canada because they suspended him for growing his hair too long, said Dennis Chadala, who wrote a book about his years with Millardair."

Rebellion is a family trait.

Absolutely, people often lie about cause of death when their loved one has committed suicide. Firstly, because it's private and none of their business, more importantly, because it upsets the people you tell, they don't know what to say to you, they gossip about it to others, all of which is very harmful to everyone involved. It's one of those white lies that keeps social/business relations running smoothly.

Absolutely, people often lie about cause of death when their loved one has committed suicide. Firstly, because it's private and none of their business, more importantly, because it upsets the people you tell, they don't know what to say to you, they gossip about it to others, all of which is very harmful to everyone involved. It's one of those white lies that keeps social/business relations running smoothly.

My neighbour did not divulge that her husband died of suicide. She told people a tragic accident had occurred. I get it.

I agree! Can’t wait to see what stupid crap these clowns did to get busted for another murder!

I’m leaning on all of the above! Specially jailhouse letters! Also, how much did MJW sing when he got busted for being the murder weapons seller linked to a couple murders?

For gangster and want to be gangsters, they were all very stupid on leaving bread crumbs EVERYWHERE!!

Marlena must have something good to share. This is the 3rd trial she's been called to testify. My guess is MS knows the truth too. I can't help but think that DM slipped up somewhere and divulged what really happened. He's not as smart as he thinks he is. MOO

This information in that article is new to me:

"Wayne Millard had the means -- a plane, a helicopter and money to burn -- for the venture. He and Burns, who would later become his wife, were making a film about the seal hunt with the help of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society founder Paul Watson."

"Wayne Millard was a longtime Air Canada pilot before getting involved with Millardair. He once sued Air Canada because they suspended him for growing his hair too long, said Dennis Chadala, who wrote a book about his years with Millardair."

Rebellion is a family trait.

This interesting memoire of Carl Millard was published shortly after his death in 2006.

Rebel With a Cause

At 92 years of age CM was still actively involved in MillardAir. The article eludes to family dynamics being such that WM may have stood in the shadows of his father until he was well into his 60s and indeed, perhaps that’s what planted the seeds of rebellion.

I'm thinking the same thing. There seems to be nothing really as of yet. Just a few anomalies' but no real proof of anything even the coroner didn't really do much. I was hoping for some evidence of the trajectory of the bullet, toxin screen, etc. but instead got he was alcoholic and died of a gunshot wound to the eye , had a blood alcohol level slightly above legal driving limits (so if he was alcoholic he wouldn't even be tipsy) and I didn't move the bag (which btw I think he did). Oh and I agree where the hell are the fingerprints. I find that to one of the strangest & most incriminating things - you have to grip a gun pretty firmly to get a shot off.
I think a minimum we're going to have Marlena's testimony, cell phone evidence tracking from Oakville to Maplegate at the time in question, and the fact that DM purchased the weapon. That combined with the fact that he didn't acknowledge either of those last two things in his interview is explainable in theory ("I was afraid to tell you those things","you didn't ask me directly","I didn't see my father when I went home in the middle of the night so it was technically true" etc.), but in practice they're also damning. The courts were spoiled by the insane glut of evidence in the first two trials because of how ridiculously deep DM and MS carved their electronic trail along the way. But not every case has that, and such a surplus of evidence is not the bar that has to be met, as I keep reminding myself. Lots of guys with motive, means and opportunity known to be at the scene of the "crime" and known to have been less than forthright can tell you from their prison cells that that's often enough to convict. Fingers crossed!

Or....if they tell the truth to people outside the extremely small inner circle, they might just contact someone in LE and tell them their version of their friend/colleague.

New article by Adam Carter.

Wayne Millard was no reclusive shut-in, business associate says | CBC News

If in fact DM did also murder his father ( yet to be proven in court) and I have my doubts he is innocent, he must have felt so cocky and had a mindset that he was outsmarting everyone, including Div 22. In which apparently wasn't hard to do.
I wouldn't be bit surprised to hear that there are more victims of DM's actions.

The other thing I do question, was WM really an Alcoholic as DM and MB perceive him to be? Can an alcoholic ‘just’ stop drinking?
DM stated in his police interview, that his dad stopped drinking for a few months (sorry if time is wrong) after he/WM threw his back out. He thought maybe it was a kidney issue and not his back”!

I also do not believe he was drinking 8-10 bottles of wine per night. Those small bottles are about 1.5 glasses per bottle. Where were all those bottles? Not one photo was taken showing these wine bottles.

Anyone I’ve known over the years that were in fact, alcoholics, they could never JUST stop drinking. They actually had to go for treatment to stop.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member