What are your thoughts on the Jonbenet case?

who killed her?

• john

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • patsy

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • burke

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • intruder

Votes: 31 34.1%

• Total voters
I am not sure who "did it". But the actions of the family have always puzzled me. Especially since it was Christmas Day.

1. Why didn't they search the entire house before calling the police?
2. Why did they call their friends to come over? And why did those people come over?
3. Why did the parents do so many tv interviews?
4. Why did PR refer to JBR as "the child" in the interviews?
5. The interviews were odd to me, they never called for the killer to be found. They just wanted to be declared "innocent".

Nothing about this case made any sense. Especially the random, strange kidnapping letter.

In the end, the Boulder LEO had a learning experience. And this case should be a teaching tool for LEO training. What went wrong from the beginning? Could this case have been solved if different procedures had been followed? What should have been done?

BR, in JBR's bedroom, delivered the head blow which rendered JBR unconscious. When PR and JR found JBR, she appeared dead, and they assumed her dead. They brought her body to basement and created coverup to protect BR.

There's no way you would deny your child medical attention. Any parent would call 911 and deal with the other child later. I don't buy it.

Agreed. I don't think BR had anything to do with it. Kids fight, or do stuff, a normal person would grab their daughter, rush to the ER, and take care of everything later.

Which is why this seemed to be that JBR was dead before she was downstairs. And remember, JR grabbed her and carried her upstairs before the police saw her downstairs. So...we really don't "know" the pose of JBR downstairs. INMO.

This was a tragic story. From the many docu series and reports on this case, at the end of the day a little girl is gone and her family suffered.

The ransom letter could 1) be legit. the sum of $118,000 is very specific; 2) the ransom letter was to throw the investigators off track. but someone wrote those pages and pages and we know the writing pad came from the house {coincidence}; 3) the unknown male DNA found does not match anyone in CODIS; 3a) could this person be in a different country; 3b) could this person be dead? and I guess 4) how and where was the murder weapon made? and the other issue that bothers me about this case is if you are kidnapping a child chances are that child would scream. Stranger danger. Subduing her would be the goal so no noises were heard. JBR has what it seemed to me like a stunt gun mark on her body.

From experience, past behaviors are future predictors. If this person kept up with a career in illegal activities, chances are that one day he would have been caught by law enforcement. Fingerprints taken, maybe DNA depending on the crime(s). But since nothing matches with CODIS, you could make the case that the person might have died after the murder.

The parents are always damned if they do and damned if they don't. To judge them after such a horrific event, is not for anyone to judge. The parents also did not have modern day PR. Shock can do some weird things to people.

Hopefully, cross reference checks for suicides or unsolved murders of young men sometime after JBR's murder within a certain kilometric range might be telling. Maybe a year, 2 years after the murder...maybe even 6 months. It is that weird letter and the babbling on. Shows signs of perhaps mental instability, maybe a manic mind; maybe a breakdown. And for a weird reason, I think whomever were involved somehow knew of the family but maybe indirectly.

May justice be served. RIP.

I don't believe the Ramses killed JBR. The opinion that the ransom note was written by PR is just that an opinion. That expert could be wrong. I've been in charge of payroll before and been accused of giving out information when I hadn't. Employees talk among themselves and know a lot more than people think. The $118,000 figure could have been part of that or could have been seen by someone at the payroll company if they used one. Maybe the pad was used by an intruder or was just similar to one in the house. The unknown DNA has never been traced and until it is the person that deposited it cannot be ruled out. Just because it isn't in CODIS doesn't mean that person doesn't exist. Just look at some of the unsolved cases where they have DNA that doesn't appear in CODIS.

Agreed. I don't think BR had anything to do with it. Kids fight, or do stuff, a normal person would grab their daughter, rush to the ER, and take care of everything later.

Which is why this seemed to be that JBR was dead before she was downstairs. And remember, JR grabbed her and carried her upstairs before the police saw her downstairs. So...we really don't "know" the pose of JBR downstairs. INMO.

JonBenet peed when she was murdered in basement,

When she was found, her body had already “advanced rigor mortis".

I am glad there is a continued discussion of this tragic case. As with many other cases on WS, new pieces of information and opinions broaden the spectrum. IMHO I still cannot come up with a satisfactory answer to WHY would anyone want to kill this child? Sometimes the "why" being answered leads to the WHO.

I am glad there is a continued discussion of this tragic case. As with many other cases on WS, new pieces of information and opinions broaden the spectrum. IMHO I still cannot come up with a satisfactory answer to WHY would anyone want to kill this child? Sometimes the "why" being answered leads to the WHO.

Here's my opinion as to why she was killed: it began with an accidental careless action that injured JonBenet's head and made it appear to the untrained eye to be a lethal blow. Whoever was responsible for the blow tried to cover up the accident by staging a strangulation, thinking JonBenet was either already dead, would soon die, or if she lived would be in a vegetative state.

I don't think anyone set out purposely to kill JonBenet.

I've waffled over the years about the strangulation being after the fact or instead being a part of the initial action. I often think JonBenet was being punished and perhaps was tied in some way that restrained her and then she was pushed or shoved and hit her head. I won't go into my theory on that because a search of past posts here will show much discussion about the "high pressure/low velocity" injury.

my personal opinion is that jonbenet heard burke and patsy having pineapple and milk downstairs and wanted to have some. she grabbed one piece and burke had enough and all his jealousy came out and he grabbed something and struck her. she wasn't moving and he didn't know if he was dead so he poked her with his train track ( the marks thought to be a stun gun). patsy screamed and they covered it up along with john.

Jon Benet just whispered in my ear and said “Tim go to the news. [Check out CNN]. This is her way of saying, “[Tim] let it go.”

She then said “Bingo.” When I showed her the choices of who is guilty. She’s not sweating it. Believe me or don’t, I just wanted to share.

Here's my opinion as to why she was killed: it began with an accidental careless action that injured JonBenet's head and made it appear to the untrained eye to be a lethal blow. Whoever was responsible for the blow tried to cover up the accident by staging a strangulation, thinking JonBenet was either already dead, would soon die, or if she lived would be in a vegetative state.

I don't think anyone set out purposely to kill JonBenet.

I've waffled over the years about the strangulation being after the fact or instead being a part of the initial action. I often think JonBenet was being punished and perhaps was tied in some way that restrained her and then she was pushed or shoved and hit her head. I won't go into my theory on that because a search of past posts here will show much discussion about the "high pressure/low velocity" injury.

Thanks. IMO regardless of WHO killed JB; I doubt it was premeditated. Much of the evidence appears to be novice and messy. Intruder? Family? Not "obviously" prepared. Nothing seemed organized but who knows that may have been the plan for how to make it look. If it was a first timer, they managed to get away with it.

Thanks. IMO regardless of WHO killed JB; I doubt it was premeditated. Much of the evidence appears to be novice and messy. Intruder? Family? Not "obviously" prepared. Nothing seemed organized but who knows that may have been the plan for how to make it look. If it was a first timer, they managed to get away with it.

DrQ,

Money talks; people walk.

I am a little tardy to the party here, but I believe RDI. I tend to lean toward BDI, but could be wrong. I have read quite a few books, articles, etc and the intruder theory does not hold water. Most intruders would want to lure the victim from the home such as the Polly Klaas case. I do not believe an intruder would linger in the Ramsey home and feed JBR pineapple. Plus, I have looked at the layout of the Ramsey home; talk about one, big confusing maze! I doubt some intruder would know the home that well.

Like most people, I think there is a want to have IDI because of the more gruesome aspects JBR suffered and it is difficult to think someone in the family could do that. That sad truth is, cases of child abuse show how much pain and torture can e inflicted on children but families. I do not believe JBR’s death was planned nor malicious. It was an accident, the initial blow to the head. The panic then turned full cover-up with RN and staging JBR.

The whole case itself was botched from the word go. Boulder PD did not know how to handle a case of this magnitude, especially on a major holiday. Even if they thought is was a kidnapping, at first, they still did not follow basic police procedure. The home should have been blocked off. No new people minus police allowed in, no one allowed out. After it was obvious it was murder, seal it all off. The biggest mistake was losing sight of JR letting him retrieve JBR and bring her upstairs. How much DNA was lost? Then JBR is covered with a different garment losing more evidence! The most shocking is that one of Patsy’s sisters was allowed to renter the home and collect so much. That is crazy!
The demeanor of JR has always rubbed me the wrong way. When his daughter, Beth, died in a car accident he was inconsolable. However, his little daughter dies horribly and he doesn’t cry, scream, or fall into depression? He comes off arrogant, cold, and unfeeling. Even when he is supposed to talk about happy memories of JBR the warmth and smile never reach his eyes.

Sadly, I think JBR became a case of saving face and keeping up appearances. There was some major dysfunction in that home. BR has some sort of mental disorder, which one I can’t say or diagnose but he is off. He was off at nine years old when he had problems with scat. JR seems like a sociopath or narcissist maybe both. I think the Ramseys did not want any mention of possible mental disorders because “rich people don’t have those problems” attitude. JR and PR were on the outs as far as their marriage goes. JR wasn’t interested in her, JMO, because her ovarian cancer made her less interested in sex. JR did have an affair in his 1st marriage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jensy
Back