What Do You Want to Know?: List Questions Here

From Huff Post article a few months ago. Included interview with one of the detectives:

"Tennelle set up a command post at the hotel when police intensified the hunt days later. He testified that "every nook and cranny of that building where we thought was a room, locked or unlocked, it was to be opened. It was to be searched."

The detective said Lam's appearance in the elevator video wasn't the only time she was seen on hotel surveillance tape.

"We did see her come in with two gentlemen. She had — they had a box, gave it to her," he said. "She went up into her — to the elevator. We never saw them again on video."

The search included the roof, but came up empty. Lam's belongings had been moved to the basement: a backpack, laptop and "things of value" that led police to believe she had planned on returning.

And then, nothing."

Two men came in with her and gave her a box? Her belongings had been moved to the basement? Who would did that? Why would anyone do that?

Here are the answers:

1. They performed a toxicology report.
2. Her own hairs.
3. Sand.
4. Yes.
5. Canines aren't infallible and yes, her body being inside the tank would most certainly affect their sense of smell.
6. This happens on many autopsy reports, believe it or not. There are always inconsistencies. People seem to apply some sinister meaning to them, when they are simply innocent mistakes made by the pathologist.
7. Not sure what you mean by "confused" here, but mentally ill individuals can still function at normal to high rate, even in the throes of a psychotic episode. Also, the tanks were more than likely not her initial reason for going up to the roof, compared to the roof itself. Once she made it to the roof, she then discovered the tanks. There was a ladder that scaled the side of the service building, right next to the tank that Elisa was found in and which was accessible by a small jump from the service-room's roof.

Thanks for your response, UserID. I wonder if you or anyone else here could shed a little more light on the ones I bolded above:

1. They performed a toxicology report, but from what I read, they did not test for GHB. Right? I wonder why.

2. How do we know it was only her own hairs?

3. What is the origination of this "sand"? (hopefully not from the water tank)

5. Yes, canines aren't infallible, but this wasn't exactly a wilderness area. And she's not a tiny child that doesn't shed enough skin cells for dogs to pick up scent. If she had walked on her own, there should have been something. JMO

This case is a mind boggler to me, not to mention the men with the box and her belongings ending up in the basement. How much stranger can it get? :scared:

Thanks Much :)

Common sense would tell us that, the long-black hairs belonged to the body that was in the tank for weeks, particularly because she had long-black hairs. Also, they were no doubt tested.

Sand could definitely be found in the water tanks. Water tanks would have filters to filter out the sand, but sand would be found in the bulbous-part of the tanks.

The sweatshirt collected sand that was already in the tanks.

It wouldn't matter if this was a wilderness area. Dogs can't smell through metal. Her scent had dissipated by the time the police brought the dogs in to search.

If they did not test for GHB (which, to my knowledge, isn't a proven fact, but I digress), there is a good reason for it (i.e. they simply couldn't, due to the body being submerged for so long).

Two men came in with her and gave her a box? Her belongings had been moved to the basement? Who would did that? Why would anyone do that?

Her belongings were moved to the basement because she was missing and the staff wasn't just going to leave all her stuff in her room. Where else would the staff place the belongings? They rent out the rooms, you know. Were they supposed to leave all her stuff in her room and rent it out to a new guest, leaving it vulnerable to theft? Or were they supposed to just throw out all of her belongings, which the hotel would have been responsible for? Honestly, I don't know what people would expect a hotel staff to do, other than what they understandably did, with her belongings. They moved them out of the way in order to return them to her upon her discovery/return. Once it was discovered that she had passed away, the belongings were more than likely turned over to the next of kin.

Her belongings were moved to the basement because she was missing and the staff wasn't just going to leave all her stuff in her room. Where else would the staff place the belongings? They rent out the rooms, you know. Were they supposed to leave all her stuff in her room and rent it out to a new guest, leaving it vulnerable to theft? Or were they supposed to just throw out all of her belongings, which the hotel would have been responsible for? Honestly, I don't know what people would expect a hotel staff to do, other than what they understandably did, with her belongings. They moved them out of the way in order to return them to her upon her discovery/return. Once it was discovered that she had passed away, the belongings were more than likely turned over to the next of kin.

Ok, makes sense now. I think I was half asleep when I read the article as it didn't seem clear to me how It got in the basement.

Common sense would tell us that, the long-black hairs belonged to the body that was in the tank for weeks, particularly because she had long-black hairs. Also, they were no doubt tested.

Sand could definitely be found in the water tanks. Water tanks would have filters to filter out the sand, but sand would be found in the bulbous-part of the tanks.

The sweatshirt collected sand that was already in the tanks.

It wouldn't matter if this was a wilderness area. Dogs can't smell through metal. Her scent had dissipated by the time the police brought the dogs in to search.

If they did not test for GHB (which, to my knowledge, isn't a proven fact, but I digress), there is a good reason for it (i.e. they simply couldn't, due to the body being submerged for so long).

As bizarre as it seems I'm now thinking she got in there on her own. Thanks UserID.

I used to work in hotel. Guests leave stuff all of the time. If it wasn't trash, we'd keep it and try to contact them. Usually, it was picked up within a couple of days.

We had two computers left in one room and an entire set of packed luggage left in another. We kept it in the office, but we were always able to get in touch with the person. My point is just sometimes people forget major things.

I have a question: what further investigation can we do into this case from our computers? We have speculated endlessly about what actually occurred, but have no indication that anything further will be revealed about the details of this case. To me, there are only 2 options for those of us interested in continuing the investigation: 1.) Go out to LA and try to interview employees, residents, and perhaps the Barnes and Noble clerk. On the same note, attempt to discuss case with Elisa's family members (probably not at all appropriate unless we were in the capacity of a journalist for a magazine/tv documentary.) 2.) Second option - pursue police report. From what I've gathered, the police report should be available to the public, and it is simply a matter of pestering the PD and possibly paying a fee for it.

Anyone up for pursuing these objectives?

Ok Im not sure if any of you are still interested in this.
I just moved to L.A and i have been to the Cecil hotel twice.
I am now "on the in" there, so to speak.
I made nice with an employee, i have rep there, and I've discovered many secrets of theirs.
Secrets including high pressure air systems that are meant to clear contaminants, odors etc. (very weird and very powerful pressure).
The employee is "iffy" on discussing details about Elisa Lam, suicides etc. He became highly scared when mentioned, even shaking and stuttering, then very creepily offered to "show us the Pent house" immediately after bringing up that he lied about the Hotel Cortez affiliation, and Elisa Lam. He even tried to downplay it, this was all before i found out she was found in the water tank, he basically lied as soon as we unsuspectingly checked in.

All this to say I will be happy to answer any questions, as I've found a lot of stuff never mentioned, not just about Elisa Lam but just strange activity from the employees, also anything anyone knows, like places to look for strange activity. Remember its 3 years later, but more has happened, and will continue to happen, it goes much deeper than Elisa Lam I assure you all MUCH MUCH DEEPER.
Mixed with the suicides, deaths, murders, serial killers, etc I myself am convinced that the employees, or employee are up to something that ever since the place is open there's been something happening there most likely amongst the employees.
For example one of the earlier suicides when a woman jumped out of her window,
it was said that the husband had no idea why she did and he was sleeping it said the manager vouched for him, the strange thing about that is how could the hotel manager possibly have vouched for the husband. I mean unless those rooms had cameras or something that could've showed inside the room (which obviously they didn't lol).
Then how could the manager of known he was sleeping, and she jumped.

Of course this is all speculation but it makes more sense that possibly an employee in the early years past the torch to the next employee, who passed on the torch to the next employee etc.
Since The First three years opened people have just been getting killed, supposedly jumping out of windows, brutally killing themselves, and others inside the hotel. People moving into the hotel, then leaving and killing themselves or somebody else, which has occurred many times not mentioned in many places unless you dig.

My point is.... Im here, I live in downtown L.A. Im making a detailed documentary covering everything from the early years of strange activities, to the suicide jumper that just
recently jumped from a window of the Cecil in June 2015.

So please if anybody still wants to find out what's happening at that hotel,
not just with Elisa Lam, but also interested in what's really going on there.
It goes deeper than just Elisa Lam, and has been happening since its second year opened.
So any questions, or requests Im here, ready, and willing to go inside the hotel and get to the bottom of whats happening there, and for how long

I plead to all of you, do not abandon this now, you have all worked so hard.
As Ive repeated, Elisa lam isn't the biggest mystery at the Cecil.
As I've said, and will release footage of soon,
something HORRIBLY, HORRIBLY wrong is happening there,
and has been since it literally opened,
and Im going to get to the bottom of it, but i could use some help.

Whos In?

[h=2]I Just Moved To Downtown L.A & Willing To Go Deep Into The Cecil Hotel (Stay On Main)[/h]
Ok Im not sure if any of you are still interested in this.

I wanted to post a new thread, but I'm new so i can't yet.

I just moved to L.A and i have been to the Cecil hotel twice.
I am now "on the in" there, so to speak.
I made nice with an employee, i have rep there, and I've discovered many secrets of theirs.
Secrets including high pressure air systems that are meant to clear contaminants, odors etc. (very weird and very powerful pressure).
The employee is "iffy" on discussing details about Elisa Lam, suicides etc.
He became extremely scared when I mentioned any of the shady past,
even shaking and stuttering,and replied "Oh that girl in the elevator"
then very creepily offered to "show us the Pent house"
immediately after I brought up that he lied about the Hotel Cortez affiliation, and Elisa Lam etc.
He even tried to downplay it, this was all before i found out she was found in the water tank,
he basically lied as soon as we unsuspectingly checked in. This was day two of my first visit.

I had no idea all of this was even a thing until two strange girls passing me in the hallway on the morning of day two told me the hotel was really the "Hotel Cortez".
They weren't guests and i never saw them after that.
So then i researched, and that was that, and now I'm here.

All this to say I will be happy to answer any questions, as I've found a lot of stuff never mentioned, not just about Elisa Lam but just strange activity from the employees, also anything anyone knows, like places to look for strange activity. Remember its 3 years later, but more has happened, and will continue to happen, it goes much deeper than Elisa Lam I assure you all MUCH MUCH DEEPER.
Mixed with the suicides, deaths, murders, serial killers, etc I myself am convinced that the employees, or employee are up to something that ever since the place is open there's been something happening there most likely amongst the employees.
For example one of the earlier suicides when a woman jumped out of her window,
it was said that the husband had no idea why she did and he was sleeping it said the manager vouched for him, the strange thing about that is how could the hotel manager possibly have vouched for the husband. I mean unless those rooms had cameras or something that could've showed inside the room (which obviously they didn't lol).
Then how could the manager of known he was sleeping, and she jumped.

Of course this is all speculation but it makes more sense that possibly an employee in the early years past the torch to the next employee, who passed on the torch to the next employee etc.
Since The First three years opened people have just been getting killed, supposedly jumping out of windows, brutally killing themselves, and others inside the hotel. People moving into the hotel, then leaving and killing themselves or somebody else, which has occurred many times not mentioned in many places unless you dig.

My point is.... Im here, I live in downtown L.A. Im making a detailed documentary covering everything from the early years of strange activities, to the suicide jumper that just
recently jumped from a window of the Cecil in June 2015.

So please if anybody still wants to find out what's happening at that hotel,
not just with Elisa Lam, but also interested in what's really going on there.
It goes deeper than just Elisa Lam, and has been happening since its second year opened.
So any questions, or requests Im here, ready, and willing to go inside the hotel and get to the bottom of whats happening there, and for how long

I plead to all of you, do not abandon this now, you have all worked so hard.
As Ive repeated, Elisa lam isn't the biggest mystery at the Cecil.
As I've said, and will release footage of soon,
something HORRIBLY, HORRIBLY wrong is happening there,
and has been since it literally opened,
and Im going to get to the bottom of it, but i could use some help.

Whos In?

Cecil Hotel has a penthouse? Seriously? I have never heard this.

AHS has outright said Hotel Cortez is based on the Cecil Hotel. However, Cortex was built (in pretendland) as a luxury hotel and Cecil (in real life) was built as a business hotel. In hotelese, that is a big difference. I know Cecil has a pretty lobby, but that is consistent with a business hotel.

I don't live in L.A. Be careful in that place.

Yes there is a penthouse. The male clerk became very nervous when we confronted him about elisa lam, and his lies about how the cecil or stay on main is the hotel the cortez was based on. As he became nervous to the point of shaking vocally and physically, thats when he invited us to see the pent house. It was beyond creepy.

What I'm wondering is if her wrist watch was waterproof and if it wasn't - what time did it stop, which would maybe indicate the time it was submerged in water. I'm surprised it's never mentioned anywhere. Also, after reading every information I could find I can't get rid of the feeling that she might have been unconscious when she was put into the tank. The strangest part to me is her being completely naked, including the underwear and watch, very weird. So many unanswered questions, like did they found her fingerprints on that water tank or not..

I'd like to know the timeline of her going missing. This may be listed somewhere but I haven't seen anything yet. When was it determined she was "officially" "missing"? I read that her family didn't receive a phone call from her and they thought it was strange because she called every day. Did they then call the hotel to see if she was there and/or had checked out? Did someone from the hotel staff check the room? At what point were the police contacted? Was a missing person report filed by her family over the phone? Isn't is typical that a person over age 18 has to be missing for at least 48 hours before they're considered missing? My point is, as soon as her family had suspicions, wouldn't whoever they spoke with (hotel and/or police) check her room and the hotel as the very first place to begin a search? And immediately request that all surveillance from any and all hotel, lobby, elevator, stairwell, etc. cameras be looked at to see if she was on any of them? At which point they would say "hey there she is in that elevator and she was on the 14th floor and that wasn't the floor, her room was on so let's start our search there". I don't understand how 19+ days could go by of her "missing" , it doesn't make any sense at all. If anyone can provide answers or link(s) to the answers or a timeline of some sort regarding her family first realizing/reporting her as missing, I'd be most thankful! If these questions have been asked and answered, I apologize for repetition, I just haven't seen anything from what I've read. Also, if there's a camera in the elevator, where's the footage of her taking it up to the other floor(s)? I've read that "the video" shows she was on the 14th floor. How did she get up there? It seems that a large section of information is missing, possibly intentionally? Responses welcome! :)

What I'm wondering is if her wrist watch was waterproof and if it wasn't - what time did it stop, which would maybe indicate the time it was submerged in water. I'm surprised it's never mentioned anywhere. Also, after reading every information I could find I can't get rid of the feeling that she might have been unconscious when she was put into the tank. The strangest part to me is her being completely naked, including the underwear and watch, very weird. So many unanswered questions, like did they found her fingerprints on that water tank or not..

Good Point i Never thought of that!

I'd like to know the timeline of her going missing. This may be listed somewhere but I haven't seen anything yet. When was it determined she was "officially" "missing"? I read that her family didn't receive a phone call from her and they thought it was strange because she called every day. Did they then call the hotel to see if she was there and/or had checked out? Did someone from the hotel staff check the room? At what point were the police contacted? Was a missing person report filed by her family over the phone? Isn't is typical that a person over age 18 has to be missing for at least 48 hours before they're considered missing? My point is, as soon as her family had suspicions, wouldn't whoever they spoke with (hotel and/or police) check her room and the hotel as the very first place to begin a search? And immediately request that all surveillance from any and all hotel, lobby, elevator, stairwell, etc. cameras be looked at to see if she was on any of them? At which point they would say "hey there she is in that elevator and she was on the 14th floor and that wasn't the floor, her room was on so let's start our search there". I don't understand how 19+ days could go by of her "missing" , it doesn't make any sense at all. If anyone can provide answers or link(s) to the answers or a timeline of some sort regarding her family first realizing/reporting her as missing, I'd be most thankful! If these questions have been asked and answered, I apologize for repetition, I just haven't seen anything from what I've read. Also, if there's a camera in the elevator, where's the footage of her taking it up to the other floor(s)? I've read that "the video" shows she was on the 14th floor. How did she get up there? It seems that a large section of information is missing, possibly intentionally? Responses welcome! :)

Here are all the official documents I could find so far.
Inside this link is the timeline, Cecil employee statements etc!
Even links to what is thought to be her blogs, social network accounts etc.
Its a pretty comprehensive report given here.
There are two links below. One an analysis, the other a compilation of facts!

https://plexus-pi.com/news/elisa-lam-court-documents/

https://plexus-pi.com/news/mysteriou...m/#comment-145

You're forgetting whether or not the watch was found still bound (to itself, not Elisa) or not. The fact she had been in the tank for weeks and the most-likely fact that she didn't wear her watch on the tightest setting around her wrist could more than explain how the watch slipped off.

The underwear is the same way. There was significant skin slippage if she was in the tank for weeks, continuously. The water was also swirling at a good clip in the tank (this is how she died; the vortex sucked her down immediately). Remember, there was no bra found in the tank; just bottoms.

What date was the roof searched by dogs? And were they scent or cadaver dogs?

TIA

I found the water tank thread and answered my own questions. Or rather, I found that there are no known answers.

I'm searching through her tumblr, and it's just plain eerie. 2 days before she went missing she made a post talking about how much of a monstrosity the 1920's building next to where she was staying was. And let's be honest, Cecil isn't the prettiest of buildings and on that strip, at least on google maps, there aren't any buildings that would really stick out as being hideous. Is there information available of when she checked in to cecil? This is pure speculation as i've only just taken a new interest in the case, but was there a chance she was staying at different place prior to checking in to Cecil? Possibly being lured their by someone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back