What IS Terri GUILTY of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is for sure mind boggling....I understand what POI is and Suspect is...LE has said they have persons that have been cleared and those that have been not...ok...so those that have not been cleared, what are they classified as, and whom might they be?Just curious...

Good question...to me a POI is someone who cannot be cleared...so why are they so hesitant in this case to name TH after so long? At least as a POI? I mean, it doesn't really matter, but it makes you wonder if there are other people who can't be cleared either.

This case is for sure mind boggling....I understand what POI is and Suspect is...LE has said they have persons that have been cleared and those that have been not...ok...so those that have not been cleared, what are they classified as, and whom might they be?Just curious...

Hi Kappy, Maybe it comes with the definition of POI ~ either for the public or for LE.

I think anyone LE would be looking at for involvement in a case would have to be someone of interest, for whatever reason. To publicly name them as a POI would mean they have met the criteria to be an official person of interest. Not really sure. xox
e

I just read the threads of the case of Rachel Mellon (Missing but not forgotten) and it makes me sick; she has been missing for 15 years, was 13 at the time, and police are sure she was killed by her stepfather, who was abusive and Rachel had written in a diary that he was abusing her. And he was the last person to see her. And yet they can't arrest him, not enough evidence. That is scary to me, if that case doesn't have enough evidence, how can TH be convicted? No one has any idea what happened to Kyron, LE has said that time and again.

PS-I know this post is OT and has nothing to do with Kyron's case, but after reading it I felt so sad, thinking of someone getting away with killing this girl, when the cops know darned well who did it. And it made me think of Kyron and what LE may or may not have on TH and how this might go.

Good question...to me a POI is someone who cannot be cleared...so why are they so hesitant in this case to name TH after so long? At least as a POI? I mean, it doesn't really matter, but it makes you wonder if there are other people who can't be cleared either.

There's no legal or formal definition of the term "person of interest."

It's a term that rushed into fashion after Richard Jewell won his civil suits against various entities. The theory was that using "person of interest" would legally protect from civil liability if the person turned out to be innocent.

Dr Steven Hatfill was named a person of interest by the FBI in the anthrax attacks. He managed to win a large settlement, even though he'd never been named a suspect because his life was ruined anyway.

But by the time that happened, "person of interest" had been firmly embedded in the culture.

So right now, person of interest means whatever the person saying it wants it to mean.

Very Alice in Wonderland-ish.

These are the things that i think terry horman is guilty of:
1) child abuse
2) fornication
3) manipulation
4) evidence tampering
5) obstruction
6) neglect
7) selfishness
8) kidnapping
9) child endangerment
10) murder

as i said these are the things i think terry horman is guilty of.....im sure that when she is finally arrested and brought to trial, the list will continue to grow.

Hi Kappy, Maybe it comes with the definition of POI ~ either for the public or for LE.

I think anyone LE would be looking at for involvement in a case would have to be someone of interest, for whatever reason. To publicly name them as a POI would mean they have met the criteria to be an official person of interest. Not really sure. xox
e

Hi Scandi! Nice to see you. Just think how easy they have named POI's in Lindsey's case. I too don't understand why TH hasn't been named a POI in Kyron's case. xo

There's no legal or formal definition of the term "person of interest."

It's a term that rushed into fashion after Richard Jewell won his civil suits against various entities. The theory was that using "person of interest" would legally protect from civil liability if the person turned out to be innocent.

Dr Steven Hatfill was named a person of interest by the FBI in the anthrax attacks. He managed to win a large settlement, even though he'd never been named a suspect because his life was ruined anyway.

But by the time that happened, "person of interest" had been firmly embedded in the culture.

So right now, person of interest means whatever the person saying it wants it to mean.

Very Alice in Wonderland-ish.

Thank you. I think we can agree "POI" has no meaning to LE. It's a media-generated term. IMO, "focus of the investigation" ... "POI" .... these are interchangeable. For the record, MSCO has issued no formal info to indicate TH fits either category. Media, DY, KH? Yes. MSCO? No.

Frankly, IMO, keeping TH guessing is a good game. IMO.

I am simply trying to have an open mind until LE shows me something that indicates they are finally willing to out and out call her a suspect or proceed with charging her with something. I am by no means a fan of her behavior (texting, etc - things I have SEEN or been given evidence of). I do not find her fabulous, nor do I venerate, laud or put her forth as a heroine. Just want to make that perfectly clear for those who may be confused on my stance. Do I feel she may have been involved/responsible? Yes. Am I ready to throw her in jail and throw away the key? No, and apparently neither is LE or a DA. Til then, I will try to stick with verified facts linking her to Kyron's disappearance.

As I understand it those known, verified facts are as follows:

She took him to school and may be the last person to have seen him there.

Her account of her time did not satisfy LE (no charges yet, but I can see why that would interest LE in her right off the bat)

She was involved in sexting within weeks of his disappearance.

She is alleged to have been involved in a MFH plot (no evidence or charges thus far)

She is alleged (via custody pleadings) to have been an alchoholic (this is lent credence IMO because of the previous DUI)

She is alleged to have hated Kyron (based on Desiree being shown emails by LE indicating Terri did not care for Kyron and said unflattering things about their relationship) I believe Desiree was shown or told about emails that indicate TH was unhappy with Kyron or some such thing. I do not believe Desiree made that up. I believe she was shown/told about something that a greiving mother whose son is missing would interpret as TH hating her son. Whether those words were used in said emails, I do not know.

I am not a TH cheerleader. That said, I am a Kyron cheerleader. I hope LE charges someone with Kyron's disappearance. I will leave to their expertise to determine who that is and the appropriate charges to be levied.

Most of all, I want Kyron found, for his mom and dad's sake. If my chosing not to call TH out of her name or choosing to wait and see where LE leads me to be considered on TH's side, I will have to live with that, despite the innaccuracy.

Awesome post, deserves a re-post and a double thanks! I also am Team Kyron, I think (hope) we all are, and always cling to hope due to cases like the Smart, Dugard and Hornbeck cases where there was a safe recovery even after intense scrutiny of some family members. Last night I re-watched the 48 HRS episode featuring Shawn Hornbeck and still tear up at the part where they talk about recovering him (and Ben Ornby) from the apartment and reuniting them with their families.

My opinion is still the same as it was the first day. Kyron was abducted by a stranger from the school during the science fair open house.

Everything else is a witch hunt in my humble opinion.

Hi Scandi! Nice to see you. Just think how easy they have named POI's in Lindsey's case. I too don't understand why TH hasn't been named a POI in Kyron's case. xo

Hi Jules, It is great to see you too, as always ;}

I think it has to be because the case is more complicated than we thought. It could be the accomplice/s situation that has slowed the case ~ gotta get it right so it will be a solid case with no reasonable doubt. That is what Staton told the Commissioners last week. xox

My opinion is still the same as it was the first day. Kyron was abducted by a stranger from the school during the science fair open house.

Everything else is a witch hunt in my humble opinion.

Hmmm, there seems to be a prominent attorney who said the same exact thing very early on this case. We will never know if he's changed his mind, but it does make one wonder?

As far as Terri being named "a person of interest by LE", we all know they don't have any obligation to do such a thing. However, I would say that when Houze (or maybe it was Bunch, can't recall) called her in legal documents, a "defacto suspect", that is all the affirmation I needed to tell me that indeed LE is saying she is a POI. So, it's kind of a mute point. She is most obviously LE's POI. Unfortunately, that is ALL we know.

After watching NG re: Etan PAtz a few weeks ago, I read "After Etan" last week. It is extremely frustrating to me that NY has not ever charged the one and only suspect with murder in this case; he is a self-admitted longtime child molester with a "thing" for little boys, who had ties to Etan, more or less admitted taking him that day in various jailhouse stings and to investigators and was living not far from where Etan went missing. To me, that seems like far more evidence than what we've seen so far on TH. Jose Ramos, the suspect, is only in prison until 2014 at the very longest, so hopefully they will proceed with charges before he gets out.

After watching NG re: Etan PAtz a few weeks ago, I read "After Etan" last week. It is extremely frustrating to me that NY has not ever charged the one and only suspect with murder in this case; he is a self-admitted longtime child molester with a "thing" for little boys, who had ties to Etan, more or less admitted taking him that day in various jailhouse stings and to investigators and was living not far from where Etan went missing. To me, that seems like far more evidence than what we've seen so far on TH. Jose Ramos, the suspect, is only in prison until 2014 at the very longest, so hopefully they will proceed with charges before he gets out.

bbm... ita as to me, we have seen NO evidence tied to ANYONE regarding kyron's disappearance.

Can we assume certain hearsay is accurate? If so, via witness accounts, she's guilty of:

Lying.

Sexting affair outside of marriage.

Abuse of alcohol.

Lying.

DWI with minor in the vehicle.

Coloring her hair.

Lying.

Cheating with married men.

Falsifying her resume.

Appropriating things that are not hers.

Did I mention lying?

One thing I think TH could be guilty of is giving Kyron away, and that is one thing the defense sure won't be able to say, unless of course she can suddenly produce him and cop a plea. If no Kyron, they will have to go with not only is he alive but a stranger took him from that busy, "chaotic" school.

I do have a really hard time thinking she actually killed him. I can, however, believe she found, somehow, someone who wanted a child and "gave" him away. But I think evidence of such a search or transaction should have come to light by now. One doesn't usually meet someone by chance who is interested in an "off the books" adoption. You would have to do some research and make some calls. Nine months later, I would think they'd know who she talked and/or communicated with in the past year at least.

One thing I think TH could be guilty of is giving Kyron away, and that is one thing the defense sure won't be able to say, unless of course she can suddenly produce him and cop a plea. If no Kyron, they will have to go with not only is he alive but a stranger took him from that busy, "chaotic" school.

I do have a really hard time thinking she actually killed him. I can, however, believe she found, somehow, someone who wanted a child and "gave" him away. But I think evidence of such a search or transaction should have come to light by now. One doesn't usually meet someone by chance who is interested in an "off the books" adoption. You would have to do some research and make some calls. Nine months later, I would think they'd know who she talked and/or communicated with in the past year at least.

Since I hear so often on the Kyron threads the idea of him being given away...I am genuinely interested to understand exactly what do we know of so far that could give that impression...cuz, I don't see it.

Somebody enlighten me...cuz, it's really dark where I'm standing and I don't see TH showing Kyron even that much mercy on 06/04/10.

Since I hear so often on the Kyron threads the idea of him being given away...I am genuinely interested to understand exactly what do we know of so far that could give that impression...cuz, I don't see it.

Somebody enlighten me...cuz, it's really dark where I'm standing and I don't see TH showing Kyron even that much mercy on 06/04/10.

I honestly don't believe she gave him away...although the idea of him being "stashed" seemed popular early on, with the parents of course, but even with LE. Desiree used the word "stashed" more than once.

It's just that I have a harder time picturing TH actually murdering Kyron while I can picture her deciding that since Desiree could not take him back, she would find another way, i.e. somehow find someone to take him from her. But I do think LE should have been able to track such a transaction by now, if it had happened.

I honestly don't believe she gave him away...although the idea of him being "stashed" seemed popular early on, with the parents of course, but even with LE. Desiree used the word "stashed" more than once.

It's just that I have a harder time picturing TH actually murdering Kyron while I can picture her deciding that since Desiree could not take him back, she would find another way, i.e. somehow find someone to take him from her. But I do think LE should have been able to track such a transaction by now, if it had happened.

I agree about the inferrence by the family & LE early on but...those days are gone, sadly and with them the hope for single shred of hope for Kyron coming home alive.

As for being able to imagine a parent or step-parent taking the life of a child...it happens EVERYDAY.

Not all of those murdered children are even at the hands of evil...just parents who lost control...in the most horrible of ways.

I agree about the inferrence by the family & LE early on but...those days are gone, sadly and with them the hope for single shred of hope for Kyron coming home alive.

As for being able to imagine a parent or step-parent taking the life of a child...it happens EVERYDAY.

Not all of those murdered children are even at the hands of evil...just parents who lost control...in the most horrible of ways.

I know it happens often, but not in the way suggested by many, as some sort of intricate plan and plot. I can easily see TH killing Kyron in anger and hiding his body and still think this is a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21