What others cases interest you as much as JBR's?

at the moment only this one but I still like to revisit old ones like the Michael Peterson one,darlie routier,J.Macdonald,the OJ trial

I just noticed Caylees name and JonBenet's names are hybrids...

JonBenet...John Bennett Ramsey

Caylee...Casey and Lee Anthony

I'm watching jury selection on trutv right now. The Caylee Anthony thread is way over my head...tooo much to read and will likely never catch up.

The Heaven Lashae Ross case because it happened in the state I am from and because it seems like it could and should have been solved
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320&highlight=heaven+ross
The Tara Grinstead case also is one that I have closley followed. The JBR case is what lead me to websleuths and I have followed it since day 1 first because of the pageant angle and the fact I have been involved in pageants over 20 years. Now because I hope and pray every day for justice for JBR!

One of the things that's so great about the Ramsey case is the abundance of information and resources available about it. You have so much online plus plenty of TV specials and books. Sometimes, I will read about a cold case on Charley Project or on WS, and I'll find it interesting, so I'll google it, and sadly, there's only a few websites that talk about the case, and there really isn't much information out about it. If I were to become as enthralled with another old case as much as I am with JonBenet's, it would probably have to be a case like Jack the Ripper or The Black Dahlia, where there's a lot of information on the Internet about it. However, I also think that the multitude of information about JonBenet's case could also make it intimidating for newcomers to follow so it goes both ways.

I read updates on other cases, but the only ones that I really stay with are JonBenet's and Haleigh Cummings. What's weird, is that these 2 little girls had exact opposite lifestyles, but both ended up with the same fate. and neither case has been solved...but I have a lot hope. The information and evidence is out there and there are people, in both cases, who can come forward and tell what they know. Here's to justice.

Who is Sharon Marshall, and where is her son Michael? Why hasn't anyone been able to figure out who her parents really were, or how el creepto grando, Franklin Floyd, got ahold of her?

Michaela Garrecht and Jaycee Lee Duggard as my daughter is around the same age and we lived in the bay area when those and MORE kidnapping occurred. Also Candy Tallarico who was a summer school class mate of my daughters, when she was kidnapped in Sacramento.

Then there was the zodiac killer, who made threats against bay area school students, when I was in Jr. High School, and killed someone near Tildon Park, a few days after we had been there.

But JonBenet is the case that I think about the most often. I think it is because it seems as if there was a complete miscarriage of justice and that the killer(s) of a 6 year old little girl, who should have been safe in her home on Christmas night, was instead killed and left behind like last years castoffs. It also had the elements of 'the haves', 'pulling one over' on the everyday people, an element of, 'you can get away with anything if you have money' and true good vs evil. This case makes me angry.

Forgot Steven Staynor and later his brother and all that the family has had to go through.

I followed Sabrina A.
Madeleine M.
Joan Bennett
Natalee
I think Sabrina, Madeleine are dead and their parents had to do with it
The Bennetts to
if you think about these couples, they are the ones that did not get divorce íf you know what I mean

JonBenet Ramsey, Sabrina Aisenberg, Natalee Holloway, Madeleine McCann, Kyron Horman, Sharon Marshall, and so many more.

Lizzy Borden is an interesting story.

Hailey Cummings

Hailey Dunn

Caylee Anthony

Shaniya Davis

Darlie Router

Zarah Baker

Kids that kill
The 8 year old AZ boy that killed his father and roomate Tim
and a few more cases. But since I can't name them by name...why bother;)

Psychopaths fascinate me and IMO they are found in abundance in the above

I followed the Hailey Dunn case too. Unfortunately, that case came to a complete halt. Same with Kyron's case. I remember when the forums were moving so quickly, and there was so much discussion going on, with new information being released every day. I can understand why the forums for that case have slowed down, but it still bothers me, when I think back to how active they were just a few months ago.

It seems to me that in cases where a parent or stepparent were the last ones to see a missing/murdered child alive- they are usually the cause of it. Especially in cases where the body is never found.

Over the years, I've done lots of reading on the Lizzy Borden, Ted Bundy, Jeff MacDonald and Lindbergh cases. Somewhere, I read (was it on this forum?) about similarities between the Lindbergh "kidnapping" and the JBR murder. A longtime lurker, I recently joined here, primarily for the JBR case. I keep thinking the answer rests in some little piece of information that has never been made public or that has been overlooked as insignificant.
I pray justice will be served, hopefully in this lifetime!

Over the years, I've done lots of reading on the Lizzy Borden, Ted Bundy, Jeff MacDonald and Lindbergh cases. Somewhere, I read (was it on this forum?) about similarities between the Lindbergh "kidnapping" and the JBR murder. A longtime lurker, I recently joined here, primarily for the JBR case. I keep thinking the answer rests in some little piece of information that has never been made public or that has been overlooked as insignificant.

Quite a while back someone had made some comparisons between these two cases. I don't recall all the comments or who made them, but I made the comments that, in the Lindbergh case, there was some thought that Lindbergh himself may have accidentally killed his son (he had a habit of throwing him up in the air and catching him - to his mother's horror- and he may have dropped him). The death was staged by him to look like a kidnapping. A ladder was put against the baby's bedroom window, and the handyman Bruno Hauptmann was fingered for the crime. His widow maintained all along that he had been at home with her at the time and she never wavered from that. There was not the kind of investigation then that you'd have today, and certainly no forensic investigation. An autopsy would have determined the way the child died, and if he had been dropped, etc. But as far as I know there was no investigation of that. I do not think the ladder, window sill or frame were checked for prints.
Hauptmann was very quickly convicted for that crime. Today, there are many who think he was innocent. So we have a precedent for a wealthy, powerful family to get away with murder. At least in the JB case, no one was wrongly convicted. This was not for lack of the Rs trying. They needed an 18-wheeler because there wasn't enough room under the bus they threw people under.

Chemgirl,

I forgot to tell you>>>> :wagon::greetings:

Thanks for the welcomes I have received this week; I really admire you
"longtimers" for your devotion to justice for JonBenet. Thanks also for recapping the Lindbergh-Ramsey cases' similarities (and for the very interesting link)! :tyou:

Chemgirl

Hopefully, this isn't considered OT...

What other cases interest you as much as JonBenet's? What other forums do you participate in here at WS?

For me, I am also active in Kyron Horman's, Hailey Dunn's, and Caylee Anthony's forums. However, none of those cases have held my interest as much as JonBenet's cases has.

So we already have a "What makes the JBR case fascinating to you?" topic so I don't really want to get to into that, but I am just wondering, What other cases interest you as much, or almost as much, as JBR?

I have posted in a db cooper thread..was hoping that recent fbi story was going to lead somewhere...i have also posted in the ryan ferguson thread..ryan was featured in both a 48 hrs episode and a dateline episode...he was convicted of a murder i believe he did not commit..conviction was based on a trouble friend who thought he dreamed it..very sad case. really moving slowly thru the missouri court system..hope people take a look.

Wm3, which I'm on the fence, I go back and fourth. DB Cooper fascinates me, I will have to check it out. But JBR is the one I have been following closely from the beginning.

It started when I was a teenager with a short fiction story about Jack the Ripper. Such nightmare fuel for an already vivid imagination in an eager young mind - I was riveted. I began to seek out any books or tv shows or movies I could find about the case. That was the first.

Then I read anything and everything I could find about true crime. From there I began to learn about how law enforcement works, how detectives track down criminals, how cases are worked and hopefully solved, and also how the judicial system operates, what attorneys do and how and why, what judges can and cannot do and why.

The case of JonBenet Ramsey was the first one that I became obsessed with after Jack the Ripper. To this day, it remains the one case I know the most about. My family and friends know not the mention anything about the Ramsey case in my presence unless they are ready for a long and in-depth debate, and none of them know (or care) as much about it as I do.

But several other cases have drawn my interest almost as much in the past 15 years.

Michael Jackson. Hey, I grew up with him, and I was not surprised by the molestation charges or his subsequent acquittal. I'll be watching the murder trial.

Darlie Routier. That "birthday party" video from the cemetery with the silly string was the first I heard of her, and the idea absolutely horrified me. I think she's where she belongs, although her sons are not - may they rest in peace together forever.

Trenton Duckett. What did his mother do with him, and will he ever be found? Still thinking about you, little man.

Caylee Anthony. Just bizarre from day 31, and can you believe I can see some of my own family in the As? God bless baby Caylee.

Hailey Dunn. I am appalled that she had to live with a mother like that, who had a man like that anywhere in her house or anywhere near her two innocent children. I hope we find you.

And Zahra Baker. That one breaks my heart. I knew a girl who looks very much like Zahra back when I was 10, the same age as Zahra when she was murdered. The resemblance between Zahra and the girl I knew haunted me as I learned more about the life Zahra lived, and I realized the girl I knew had also been the victim of abuse/neglect. I lost contact with the girl I knew when her dad moved her away after her dad and stepmom divorced, but I could not stop thinking about her, so I went searching for her, based on the information I had about her from when we were 10. I found her! After just two weeks, I found her, and we picked up where we left off.

But that doesn't help Zahra. I am so horrified at the way she was let down by everyone that should have been there for her. I understand how kids like Zahra can slip through the cracks based on how the system works, but NOTHING like what happened to her should ever happen to any child anywhere. I am relieved that the monster who killed Zahra has admitted it, but what was it, 15-18 years? WHAT?!? They should have to make sure they recover ALL of Zahra's scattered remains before the one who killed her can get any sort of leniency at all.

My eternal thanks to you, Zahra, and I will never, ever forget you or your beautiful freckle face.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back