What's eating you alive re this case?

what would you like to know?what's bugging you?

• who did it

Votes: 139 42.5%
  • why he/she/they did it

Votes: 62 19.0%
  • how did it happen

Votes: 126 38.5%

• Total voters
We've been asking "why" for years. One "why" is that the defense lawyers and their firm were very politically connected and were big donors to the then-governor. When they asked for a favor, they got it. This was the firm that defended the Clintons in the Whitewater trial. They had only to ask, and the governor's office could issue a "request" that this family be treated as victims and not as suspects. And that is what happened. The DA had only a short while to go before he was to retire, and he certainly didn't want to make waves. JR's company Access Graphics had ties to Lockheed - a VERY powerful defense contractor. They surely didn't want this type of scandal. So it isn't that hard to see "why".

We've been asking "why" for years. One "why" is that the defense lawyers and their firm were very politically connected and were big donors to the then-governor. When they asked for a favor, they got it. This was the firm that defended the Clintons in the Whitewater trial. They had only to ask, and the governor's office could issue a "request" that this family be treated as victims and not as suspects. And that is what happened. The DA had only a short while to go before he was to retire, and he certainly didn't want to make waves. JR's company Access Graphics had ties to Lockheed - a VERY powerful defense contractor. They surely didn't want this type of scandal. So it isn't that hard to see "why".

Yes John's lawyers had ties to the governor, but why would they use a favor for John? Sure he was well off, but I don't see that as a reason for using such a bargaining chip. Would LM be willing to cover up a murder to keep John in business? Maybe, but knowing that, is he really the guy you want running a company?

I guess when the story of JB went viral, Johns legal firm may have thought that winning this high profile case may be worth calling the favor, but who knows?

I think it's pretty evident that this case wasn't lost by a botched investigation, lack of evidence or leaks by the DA. This case failed because someone in a position of power simply didn't want it to succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes John's lawyers had ties to the governor, but why would they use a favor for John? Sure he was well off, but I don't see that as a reason for using such a bargaining chip. Would LM be willing to cover up a murder to keep John in business? Maybe, but knowing that, is he really the guy you want running a company?

I guess when the story of JB went viral, Johns legal firm may have thought that winning this high profile case may be worth calling the favor, but who knows?

I think it's pretty evident that this case wasn't lost by a botched investigation, lack of evidence or leaks by the DA. This case failed because someone in a position of power simply didn't want it to succeed.

JR was their client. It wasn't so much as using a favor for John. Lawyers want to win. It's what they do. In the case of a defense lawyer, they "win" by seeing to it that their client is not prosecuted or convicted of the crime for which they are accused (or suspected). It wasn't a favor for JR, it was a favor for that law firm (which was a major political contributor). The Haddon law firm made large financial contributions to certain politicians and this was a way to repay them.

While I’m not a conspiracy theorist, it doesn’t take magical assumptions to consider this homicide embarrassing LM, Boulder and Colorado acutely. It would also not be unusual for a company like LM to place some subtle pressure on the governor to assist in resolving the case; LM was a significant player in Colorado’s economy which a governor could not easily ignore. LM dispensed with both JR and, not long after, the company division itself. LM sold AG to GE. IIRC, JR had been told that the company leaders couldn’t take reading another headline in a tabloid about the homicide/violence or JB’s sa.

What outside pressure or burdens were placed on AH most likely will never be known. It’s thought that JR pulled as many strings as he could behind the scenes. Both PR and JR cozied up to AH in phone calls and a letter. Add in that JR had the best defense lawyers and notable ex-FBI profiler money could buy, it’s easy to see why it never reached the courtroom. Redd Herring had a webpage called six degrees of separation which details connections: View attachment sixdegreesofseparationredd.pdf

According to the info in SD’s book and elsewhere, AH had a poor track record as a prosecutor. He plea-bargained as many cases as he could. (It's alleged he was even known to collude with defense attorneys about a deal, before anyone was charged or taken to court.) In the R case, he was also responsible for bringing on Lou Smit with his Intruder theories. Lou Smit had his own investigation team assisting him - OG and JSA (courtesy of the citizens of Boulder footing the bill.) IMO, when one reviews the actions taken by AH or lack thereof, it seems more like a determined mission to bury the case. One FBI agent felt Colorado should have considered charging AH with malfeasance. It’s not as though it compares to doing a favor for a friend on a traffic ticket or drug offense. This was a child’s horrible death, with abuse an underlying abhorrent side issue.

A short paragraph about AH background from SD’s book, providing a snapshot of how AH handled sexual assault cases, credit to JJ Maloney from crimemagazine.com -
1992: The Rape Crisis Team, part of the Mental Health Center of Boulder County, penned a report, “Sexual Assault in Boulder County: The Crimes and Their Consequences”. The report showed that in 1990, of 60 cases involving children, 42 abusers avoided serving any time at all, three went to a halfway house, 13 served county jail time (half of those with work-release) and only one was sentenced to state prison.

All, mho

Jeez, I hope that none of the people involved in this ever had a good nights sleep for the rest of their lives.

For me, it is the busload of innocents who have been thrown under the bus. My friends on here know my theory. But even if IDI, the perp adds to his/her evil by allowing suspicion to be cast on others.

While I’m not a conspiracy theorist, it doesn’t take magical assumptions to consider this homicide embarrassing LM, Boulder and Colorado acutely. It would also not be unusual for a company like LM to place some subtle pressure on the governor to assist in resolving the case; LM was a significant player in Colorado’s economy which a governor could not easily ignore. LM dispensed with both JR and, not long after, the company division itself. LM sold AG to GE. IIRC, JR had been told that the company leaders couldn’t take reading another headline in a tabloid about the homicide/violence or JB’s sa.

What outside pressure or burdens were placed on AH most likely will never be known. It’s thought that JR pulled as many strings as he could behind the scenes. Both PR and JR cozied up to AH in phone calls and a letter. Add in that JR had the best defense lawyers and notable ex-FBI profiler money could buy, it’s easy to see why it never reached the courtroom. Redd Herring had a webpage called six degrees of separation which details connections: View attachment 64402

According to the info in SD’s book and elsewhere, AH had a poor track record as a prosecutor. He plea-bargained as many cases as he could. (It's alleged he was even known to collude with defense attorneys about a deal, before anyone was charged or taken to court.) In the R case, he was also responsible for bringing on Lou Smit with his Intruder theories. Lou Smit had his own investigation team assisting him - OG and JSA (courtesy of the citizens of Boulder footing the bill.) IMO, when one reviews the actions taken by AH or lack thereof, it seems more like a determined mission to bury the case. One FBI agent felt Colorado should have considered charging AH with malfeasance. It’s not as though it compares to doing a favor for a friend on a traffic ticket or drug offense. This was a child’s horrible death, with abuse an underlying abhorrent side issue.

A short paragraph about AH background from SD’s book, providing a snapshot of how AH handled sexual assault cases, credit to JJ Maloney from crimemagazine.com -
1992: The Rape Crisis Team, part of the Mental Health Center of Boulder County, penned a report, “Sexual Assault in Boulder County: The Crimes and Their Consequences”. The report showed that in 1990, of 60 cases involving children, 42 abusers avoided serving any time at all, three went to a halfway house, 13 served county jail time (half of those with work-release) and only one was sentenced to state prison.

All, mho

Hey, questfortrue. I've said it a million times: ST handled AH much more kindly than I would have. If it had been ME in ST's position, I would loaded a gun with some blanks, walked into Alex Hunter's office, fired four or five shots, and then said "I QUIT" while he was cowering under the desk!

Although, now that I think about it, that might not be a good idea. As I see it, anyone as big an *advertiser censored*****e as Hunter was, who had pissed off as many people and *advertiser censored**ed with as many lives as he had, would probably have a REAL gun in his desk!

Not sure I'd use blanks...

Blanks or not, this case would have been better served if someone had laid down the law on the people who were supposed to be the law.

The blank-gun idea is just one of many. Try this one: my memory isn't what it once was, but I seem to recall Trip DeMuth (maybe someone else) in a meeting with the police saying that he found them tiresome, or such like. If it had been me, here's what would have gone down:

"You know what I'm tired of, mother *advertiser censored**er? I'm tired of YOU! And I'm gonna pull you across this god**** table and beat the *advertiser censored** outta you!" Because, folks, I'm not Randy "the Natural" Couture, but I'm pretty sure I could whoop Trip DeMuth!

I also seem to recall that ST came very close to doing that to LS. He blew up at him; I remember that.

Yes, it would. Might have done some good.

I doubt it. Both those guys had ample opportunity to get this case to trial and neither were able to do it. The fix was in on this one very early and I don't think anybody could have gotten the DA to press charges. Sad but true.

The fact that there are still people out there that think an intruder could have committed this crime.

The fact that there are still people out there that think an intruder could have committed this crime.

It is astounding isn't it? I remember the OJ trial, and how many people cheered for the verdict. Where are this people today? Time has a habit of bringing reason and eliminating emotion, which seems to have happened with OJ. I guess some people are just plain stubborn and are just grasping their theories. I think time and clarity have made this case pretty obvious.

I've always wondered about Linda Hoffman-Pugh. She had a key, inside knowledge about the layout of the house and possibly the Ramsey's finances. If she had asked for a loan, why wouldn't she have made a point of going over to the house early that morning to collect the check for the loan, especially if she needed the money badly and knew they were going away? She wasn't sleeping with her husband, could she have had a boyfriend?

Anyone seen the front page of the Enquirer. They say it is a breakthrough in the case, and they have named the killer. Supposedly Edward Edwards, who died in a CO prison for killing his young foster son. He apparently killed 5 other people and liked to kill 'on holidays' and liked to leave strange ransom notes behind.

I've always wondered about Linda Hoffman-Pugh. She had a key, inside knowledge about the layout of the house and possibly the Ramsey's finances. If she had asked for a loan, why wouldn't she have made a point of going over to the house early that morning to collect the check for the loan, especially if she needed the money badly and knew they were going away? She wasn't sleeping with her husband, could she have had a boyfriend?

Linda-Hoffman-Pugh was one of the first suspects offered up by the Ramseys. She was thoroughly investigated by LE and cleared.

Not sure how any of the rest of the information would indicate guilt. Is it a common occurrence that
women not sleeping with their husbands go out and brutally assault and murder little girls?

I had no idea. I have a friend I better keep an eye on.

Anyone seen the front page of the Enquirer. They say it is a breakthrough in the case, and they have named the killer. Supposedly Edward Edwards, who died in a CO prison for killing his young foster son. He apparently killed 5 other people and liked to kill 'on holidays' and liked to leave strange ransom notes behind.

I would think there would have been DNA collected and kept on file for this man. You'd think BPD would make the effort to check it out and see if they can connect it to the CODIS records?

Linda-Hoffman-Pugh was one of the first suspects offered up by the Ramseys. She was thoroughly investigated by LE and cleared.

Not sure how any of the rest of the information would indicate guilt. Is it a common occurrence that
women not sleeping with their husbands go out and brutally assault and murder little girls?

I had no idea. I have a friend I better keep an eye on.

Needing money can be a very powerful motivator. You don't know who did or didn't murder this child, the Ramseys were cleared too, but a lot of people think they did it.

I would think there would have been DNA collected and kept on file for this man. You'd think BPD would make the effort to check it out and see if they can connect it to the CODIS records?

His DNA was gathered in 2009 in connection with other cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhoule
Back