Who do you think is guilty? I'm relatively new here and...

MaryNo,

The thing about DID is it can work in either direction. You can invoke it to explain stuff Patsy is alleged to have done, or as motive, etc, even as a reason for the staging, i.e. one self says save Burke or John, another self says do this, do that, i.e. enact a ritual or some OCD routine?

The major takeaway in this case for anyone serious in understanding it is that the wine-cellar and nearly everything in it has been staged, this includes JonBenet,

Patsy does not say she dressed JonBenet's hair for bed, so it was obviously a postmortem addition. Similar applies to the size-12's and Burke's longjohns, as there is no way Patsy or John would stage in this manner assuming either was responsible.

Its likely that Patsy or John removed the Barbie Gown from JonBenet and redressed her back into the White Gap Top, so to match their new version of events, i.e. straight to bed !

Given the apparent amateurishness of the staging that leaves Burke as the prime suspect, add in the sexual assault and the probability meter starts to move higher.

I reckon JonBenet was staged about three times, once by Burke, again by Patsy then by John, each one adding their interpretation of what a staged homicide should look like.

You could argue there was a purification ritual, i.e. it was motivated to remove forensic evidence, e.g. was any fecal matter flushed down JonBenet's bathroom toilet?

The Christmas date on her tombstone is weird, but its just a family detail, some families do move the time of death to suit their emotional circumstances, everyone knows it cannot relate to how JonBenet died.

When I refer to purification ritual, I'm referring to the state in which JB was found. We really don't know what the killer was thinking, JB was almost in an angelic state when found - her hair, color of clothing, and then add to that the date on her stone. I just want to clarify, I don't believe these are indicators of HOW she died, just possibly the killer's state of mind during the final staging.

Rather than proving DID, I'm trying to eliminate it from my theory. The more I go along here, I see indicators of someone "checking in and out" as a real possibility. I'm bouncing around with this.

I appreciate the back and forth UK!

AR:
Text of JonBenét autopsy report – The Denver Post

"The scalp is covered by long blonde hair which is fixed in two ponytails, one on top of the head secured by a cloth hair tie and blue elastic band, and one in the lower back of the head secured by a blue elastic band."

@VL

can suppose that the variation in hair ties is the result of source material from two locations
or
that elastic band was added by someone who had no appreciation of hair 'breakage' or has
never had to remove an elastic band from a kid's hair?

edit: correction

When I refer to purification ritual, I'm referring to the state in which JB was found. We really don't know what the killer was thinking, JB was almost in an angelic state when found - her hair, color of clothing, and then add to that the date on her stone. I just want to clarify, I don't believe these are indicators of HOW she died, just possibly the killer's state of mind during the final staging.

Rather than proving DID, I'm trying to eliminate it from my theory. The more I go along here, I see indicators of someone "checking in and out" as a real possibility. I'm bouncing around with this.

I appreciate the back and forth UK!

MaryNo,
Its apparent that how JonBenet was staged reflected the stager(s) state of mind. Our Angelic State might be another's normal?

I think it helps to consider there may have been more than one set of hands at work. Some have suggested Patsy staged JonBenet as found because she was enacting undoing, e.g. wrapping JonBenet in a warm blanket, not dumping her outdoors, etc.

Here is a good book on this subject: CRC Crime Scene Staging Dynamics in Homicide Cases 2015, by By Laura Pettler, PhD

She has an interesting theory on homicide staging, i.e. Intimicide
Pettler’s main focus is “intimicide” – a crime-of-passion killing between intimate partners. Though each case is unique, the most common “intimicides” involve males killing females, and then making the scene look like a suicide or a disappearance.

Pettler’s book looks at the staged crime scene, and offers a methodology to reason out the totality of evidence.

Death investigations can keep on the right track by listening and analyzing the tenor and tone or the 9-1-1 call (since stagers almost always “find” the body).

Other clues include the position of hair and drag marks, indicating if a body had been moved. Lividity and rigor mortis can offer further clues, and ballistics can also verify whether someone shot themselves – or sustained a wound from an impossible suicide angle.
Ive been waiting to read her her latest book, forthcoming: Intimicide: Hot-Blooded Lovers to Cold-Blooded Killers to see how well her method applies to BDI?

AR:
Text of JonBenét autopsy report – The Denver Post

"The scalp is covered by long blonde hair which is fixed in two ponytails, one on top of the head secured by a cloth hair tie and blue elastic band, and one in the lower back of the head secured by a blue elastic band."

@VL

can suppose that the variation in hair ties is the result of source material from two locations
or
that elastic band was added by someone who had no appreciation of hair 'breakage' or has
never had to remove an elastic band from a kid's hair?

edit: correction

Tadpole12,
Sure so the important point is that a cloth hair tie might be missing, e.g. left on the floor in BR's bedroom, JonBenet's bedroom, Breakfast Bar, etc?

BTW the ponytails are another reason why the case is unlikely to be PDI, since Patsy says she put JonBenet straight to bed !

Why say that when the ponytails will contradict you along with the size-12's, all answers on postcard to the Ramsey Foundation, Colorado, USA?

Tadpole12,
Sure so the important point is that a cloth hair tie might be missing, e.g. left on the floor in BR's bedroom, JonBenet's bedroom, Breakfast Bar, etc?

right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suzanne M1a
Back