Who Has Heard Burke's Voice on The 911 Tape?

Have You Heard Burke's Voice on 911 Tape??

• YES

Votes: 115 44.7%
  • NO

Votes: 82 31.9%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 60 23.3%

• Total voters
Is there a better version of the 911 call than what is available on youtube? I assume LE got to listen to an enhanced version that led to their conjectures about what was said after Patsy fails to hang up correctly. Of all the versions on youtube I've never found one that is clear enough to hear John or Burke's voice.

Is there a better version of the 911 call than what is available on youtube? I assume LE got to listen to an enhanced version that led to their conjectures about what was said after Patsy fails to hang up correctly. Of all the versions on youtube I've never found one that is clear enough to hear John or Burke's voice.
Youtube is not the best place for quality sound reproductions. Understand also that the original 911 recording that was "enhanced" by Aerospace Corp. has never been released publicly. In fact, the only two versions of the recording that have been released (one CD, the other magnetic tape) have at least a portion of the end erased. Since part of the end of one of the two versions was inaccurately erased, there remains the start of Burke's questioning. If you've seen the Youtube video linked recently in a post by Tadpole12, you see a spectograph of the sound as the video portion. The only reason for that video is to show exactly where in the recording the voice can be heard. To listen to better quality recordings, you should listen to the digital (mp3) versions. In the past, I've used available software to "tone down" the clicking of the 911 operator's keyboard and remove some of the ambient sound so that the voices can be heard better. But this was done with amateur, free software. Aerospace had much better capabilities back then than anything available publicly even now. Nevertheless, if you listen to the digital recording of the 911 call, I believe you should be able to hear Patsy's pleas for divine help and Burke's voice asking about what he had overheard his mother say she found.

For listening to the digital recordings, read the links and info in the following posts:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Voice-on-The-911-Tape&p=12153184#post12153184
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Voice-on-The-911-Tape&p=12154706#post12154706

Never heard the infamous Burke/John part of the 911 call myself. I wonder where the enhanced version from the '90s went? People--including Chief Beckner--claim to have heard Burke clear as day, yet none of the snippets online seem to contain it. (Or if it's there, it certainly isn't clear enough for me to make out...just sounds like a bunch of noise that could be interpreted many ways).

I feel like all the clips posted online have been edited or are cut short so we can't hear the Burke part, assuming it exists at all. Is there some "other" version that's not available online? If so, how did the Rams keep it from spreading like wildfire?

Ohhh the memories...yep it happened, yep I heard it and yep I got tired many moons ago of posters that worked very hard wasting their time to convince me that I had not heard it! That is also I have to say about it at this point other than I still have not given up hope that one day all will be able to hear it as well!

Just popping by to say that years ago i heard the voice of brother in the background of the phone call that was aired on a show, iirc he said something like " what should i do now"?
imo.

I believe all of you who heard the brother on the tape. Of course, BR was up. Everyone in the house was up at the time of the 911 phone call!

Youtube is not the best place for quality sound reproductions. Understand also that the original 911 recording that was "enhanced" by Aerospace Corp. has never been released publicly. In fact, the only two versions of the recording that have been released (one CD, the other magnetic tape) have at least a portion of the end erased. Since part of the end of one of the two versions was inaccurately erased, there remains the start of Burke's questioning. If you've seen the Youtube video linked recently in a post by Tadpole12, you see a spectograph of the sound as the video portion. The only reason for that video is to show exactly where in the recording the voice can be heard. To listen to better quality recordings, you should listen to the digital (mp3) versions. In the past, I've used available software to "tone down" the clicking of the 911 operator's keyboard and remove some of the ambient sound so that the voices can be heard better. But this was done with amateur, free software. Aerospace had much better capabilities back then than anything available publicly even now. Nevertheless, if you listen to the digital recording of the 911 call, I believe you should be able to hear Patsy's pleas for divine help and Burke's voice asking about what he had overheard his mother say she found.

For listening to the digital recordings, read the links and info in the following posts:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Voice-on-The-911-Tape&p=12153184#post12153184
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Voice-on-The-911-Tape&p=12154706#post12154706

Thanks for the links. I think I'm going to have to invest in some nice headphones.

I believe all of you who heard the brother on the tape. Of course, BR was up. Everyone in the house was up at the time of the 911 phone call!

It just wouldn't make any sense otherwise. Anyone would wake up with at least curiosity when hearing PR/mom freaking out. Even if he was completely innocent the kid definitely woke up. That's just normal human instinct, if not wanting to protect yourself from danger or see if someone you love is in danger, you at least are curious.

If he truly stayed in bed and pretended to be asleep, that even speaks far more volumes about his possible involvement. Like, hiding from people and not needing to be curious because you already know - that sounds guilty.

They'd have all appeared less guilty if they just admitted BR was awake for the call. But this is a typical Ramsey thing, yet again, making themselves look guilty in an attempt for some other detail to appear innocent.

I'm not so sure. I don't doubt that he's on there, I just think that he has been edited out of every version that I've heard thus far. Thats the big hole right after Patsy calls out a few times.

It just wouldn't make any sense otherwise. Anyone would wake up with at least curiosity when hearing PR/mom freaking out. Even if he was completely innocent the kid definitely woke up. That's just normal human instinct, if not wanting to protect yourself from danger or see if someone you love is in danger, you at least are curious.

If he truly stayed in bed and pretended to be asleep, that even speaks far more volumes about his possible involvement. Like, hiding from people and not needing to be curious because you already know - that sounds guilty.

They'd have all appeared less guilty if they just admitted BR was awake for the call. But this is a typical Ramsey thing, yet again, making themselves look guilty in an attempt for some other detail to appear innocent.

Burke was the weak link and they just wanted to keep him out of the equation. As far as the Ramsey's were concerned Burke knew nothing. He went straight to bed after returning home, then didn't wake up until after the 911 call.

The funny thing is that the Ramsey's acted so surprised when Burke told the Grand Jury that he was feigning sleep. If you, or anybody for that matter, things that the Ramsey legal team let that kid go in front of the Grand Jury and drop a surprise bomb shell, you need to have your head examined. That kid would have been prepared as much as any adult would have been, probably more. Do you have any idea how much John spent on this thing? And they are gonna risk letting Burke get up there and freewheel? Not a chance. Not a chance in hell!

Bottom line is that word was out about Burke being on the 911 tape. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. But if Burke goes in front of the GJ and states that he was asleep, they would be locked in to that. So the conveniently left the door open and Burke is now pretending to be asleep. Legally the Ramsey's have not lied, and they have an escape route in case the tape becomes an issue. It didn't, and the Ramsey's story is only slightly tarnished.

Patsy saying "Help me Jesus!" is hearable at a subaudible level to me. But that's honestly all I can make out.

Patsy saying "Help me Jesus!" is hearable at a subaudible level to me. But that's honestly all I can make out.

I agree, and if someone hadn't put it in my head that that was exactly what she was saying, I probably wouldn't even hear that. All I can honestly hear is Patsy calling out in distress. All words are illegal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't you suppose that both can be true? That BK was asleep all night, heard and saw nothing and told his parents this when asked by them that morning? It can also be true that he woke up to the chaos of the 911 call but was sent back to his room and he feigned sleep when the officer opened his door. I think these are not mutually exclusive statements.

I heard BK on the tape. And JR. And I am pretty sure that the Rs knew well before any GJ testimony that BK feigned being asleep. But, maybe not. He may have pretended to be asleep for his parents as well if either of them checked on him before LE arrived and if so, then they could have been "shocked", if that is what they said.

This is still an open book for me because, for one, the Ramsey's still haven't admitted that Burke was there, and two, I've never actually heard Burke on the tape.

The whole conversation is somewhat silly because despite what LE claims to have found on that tape, we have never heard it, and if we have heard it it's a weak piece of evidence at best.

The biggest misconception is that the Ramsey's first lied about Burke's presence then admitted it after the tape was enhanced. Simply not true. All the Ramsey's have ever said was that he was asleep in bed, then later changed that to him pretending to be asleep in bed. That is a direct contradiction to what is supposedly on the tape, with Burke being outside his room. If in fact there is a tape clear enough to hear John telling Burke to get back to his room, then there is an obvious lie here, and it's coming from all three Ramsey's. But as LE has never really pressed the issue, I believe it's nothing more than a bluff on LEs part to try and throw the Ramsey's off. I think there are sounds on the tape, but they are simply inaudible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't hear what words are being said on the tape (except for help me jesus) but I do hear another voice in a distinctly different tone and pitch as PR is asking JC for help. It is far too high pitched to be JR. It does not sound like it could be any other kind of environmental sound.

I have no idea what is being said, but it is enough for me to be confident another person was in the room at that time. That person could only be BR.

I can't hear what words are being said on the tape (except for help me jesus) but I do hear another voice in a distinctly different tone and pitch as PR is asking JC for help. It is far too high pitched to be JR. It does not sound like it could be any other kind of environmental sound.

I have no idea what is being said, but it is enough for me to be confident another person was in the room at that time. That person could only be BR.

Again, I disagree with you. There is just too much background noise and then on top of that, the noise has been filtered. It could be static, it could be someone on the operators end. I think that there is a good chance that you are right and that burke was likely there, I just can't hear it, and to be frank, I don't think any of you can. I am pretty sure that the Burke section has been removed and would have been during that silent section was. If you listen you will hear Patsy say "Help me Jesus, Help me Jesus, Please help me", then there is about 4 or 5 seconds of blank tape, then just static. I believe the exchange between Burke and Patsy happened during that lapse.

Again, I disagree with you. There is just too much background noise and then on top of that, the noise has been filtered. It could be static, it could be someone on the operators end. I think that there is a good chance that you are right and that burke was likely there, I just can't hear it, and to be frank, I don't think any of you can. I am pretty sure that the Burke section has been removed and would have been during that silent section was. If you listen you will hear Patsy say "Help me Jesus, Help me Jesus, Please help me", then there is about 4 or 5 seconds of blank tape, then just static. I believe the exchange between Burke and Patsy happened during that lapse.

Patsy does say, "Help me, Jesus. Help me, Jesus," but the, "Please help me," part that you say you hear is really part of what appears to be BR saying, "Well, what did you find?". So, maybe you do hear it?

I think it's important to remember that we aren't privy to what LE heard after NASA and others played with the tape. We've been primed from reading the books as to what is said after Patsy fails to hang up correctly. Based on what is available to us, I don't think anyone can definitively hear what is said during that time frame. To me the most curious thing regarding the hang up is that it couldn't be the phone in the hallway near the kitchen because the receiver would have slammed against the wall if it wasn't hung correctly. It's also notable that Patsy hung up at all -- usually parents stay on the line with 911 until somebody arrives because it is comforting to do so.

otg and I have a theory that the phone call was made from the phone in the basement. It's on a table in the laundry room.

Alternatively it could have been made in JR's office, or perhaps the den. What this reveals of course is that they're lying again.

If the call were made on the 3rd floor, perhaps it was during John's shower. Maybe JR didn't want to call the police so she tried to do it without him there to tell her no.

If it were in JR's office, then we can recall the open bible, which may have influenced the ransom note (psalm 118 talks about binding the sacrifice and Bearing The Crown).

If it were made in the den, there was the open dictionary (according to ST dog-eared to incest, but who really knows) and a picture of JR with NO NO NO written on people's faces and a heart on his. Is that a double hint? Or perhaps someone explaining something to a child...

If it were made in the basement, then all 4 Ramsey's were nearby...

Anyone know of any pictures of phones in the crime scene photos? I've seen the one in the kitchen and the one in the basement but that's it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brisketfeed
Back