Who was George Brody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be an extremely far-fetched idea... but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. Might there be any inkling of a chance that Pacific Bell keeps archives of phone records? I know Joe was able to obtain the phone records for after Brody died, but I wonder if it might be possible to obtain records from the time that Anna went missing??

One other question... (I am planning to go search newspapers on Monday since I wasn't able to get to it this week) is the Otis Hotel where they were staying when Anna went missing? Do we know the names or addresses of the other hotel where they had a room?

Thanks!

Hi Cubby,
I already made this search also... but no helpful because no all births database are on ancestry.com, just some state as California, Kentucky etc.... and no helpful.... also it is possible that the day and the month of birthdate are wrong also... the birthyear sure... he was born between 1905 and 1907, by 1941 article... that matching with real age of GB; also it is possible that GB was born not in USA, but in Canada or UK; in UK nobody result for a GB born in august 1905/7 and emigrated in USA... for the GB born in august in USA I checked and all are died in own place....
so I'm searching a GB in various but similar name spell born around 1905/7 and that was in Oakland and SF around 1935/6...
no luck....
maybe he born in Canada? but also not helpful...
my enigma is:
why a GB born around 1905/7 or other year appearing not in U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 database; GB was in California; he must be in the database; instead no results for GB....
It is possible that GB was not the real name? yes is very possible....
for bad luck in U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 abt Oakland men, it are no the address of enlisted men... otherwise searching by address perhaps we can find something... instead nothing.... it is enlisted Joseph Sgroe, but not GB... strange true? by this links you can read all names starting with "Br..."
http://files.usgwarchives.org/ca/alameda/military/ww2/enlistment/alameda-b8.txt
http://files.usgwarchives.org/ca/alameda/military/ww2/enlistment/alameda-b9.txt
http://files.usgwarchives.org/ca/alameda/military/ww2/enlistment/alameda-b10.txt

so, really, it is hard.... because we have nobody certainty..... abt GB....
all the best,
raf

He would have just barely fit in the draft.

http://www.americainwwii.com/stories/yournumbersup.html

So in September 1940 Congress passed the Burke-Wadsworth Act to initiate a military draft, the first peacetime draft in American history. Young men ages 21 through 36 were required to register for the possibility of 12-month terms of service in the Western Hemisphere or in US territories or possessions.

If he was born in 1905 he would have had to register. If he was born in 1903 though, he would not.

Hi Cubby,
I already made this search also... but no helpful because no all births database are on ancestry.com, just some state as California, Kentucky etc.... and no helpful.... also it is possible that the day and the month of birthdate are wrong also... the birthyear sure... he was born between 1905 and 1907, by 1941 article... that matching with real age of GB; also it is possible that GB was born not in USA, but in Canada or UK; in UK nobody result for a GB born in august 1905/7 and emigrated in USA... for the GB born in august in USA I checked and all are died in own place....
so I'm searching a GB in various but similar name spell born around 1905/7 and that was in Oakland and SF around 1935/6...
no luck....
maybe he born in Canada? but also not helpful...
my enigma is:
why a GB born around 1905/7 or other year appearing not in U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 database; GB was in California; he must be in the database; instead no results for GB....
It is possible that GB was not the real name? yes is very possible....
for bad luck in U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 abt Oakland men, it are no the address of enlisted men... otherwise searching by address perhaps we can find something... instead nothing.... it is enlisted Joseph Sgroe, but not GB... strange true? by this links you can read all names starting with "Br..."
http://files.usgwarchives.org/ca/alameda/military/ww2/enlistment/alameda-b8.txt
http://files.usgwarchives.org/ca/alameda/military/ww2/enlistment/alameda-b9.txt
http://files.usgwarchives.org/ca/alameda/military/ww2/enlistment/alameda-b10.txt

so, really, it is hard.... because we have nobody certainty..... abt GB....
all the best,
raf

Raf, I think that list is enlistees, which are people who actually went but not necessarily everyone who registered.

TY raf.

I appreciate very much all your hard work. I was hoping we could find a database to search that August 15th birthdate GB kept changing the 5's in the years... could be 05,15,25.... There is a tie into the birthdate with the 05's. Either his, or that dob he chose was someone dear to him....

It's hard to determine GB's ancestry... He looks of European decent to me, but hard to tell not hearing his voice.

It looks like there was a George William Brody that registered. Since I don't have a subscription to Ancestry I can't see alot of details. I am guessing that this George William Brody is the one from SF that was married to a Margaret.

It might be interesting though, to take a look at the other Brody's who registered from Alameda County. Not sure if they are the same as the WWI draft but they might ask for "nearest relative/address"

Raf, I think that list is enlistees, which are people who actually went but not necessarily everyone who registered.
yes it is very possible....
About U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946This database contains information on about 8.3 million men and women who enlisted in the U.S. Army during World War II. Information contained in this database usually includes: name of enlistee, army serial number, residence (county and state), place of enlistment, enlistment date, grade, army branch, component, term of enlistment, birthplace, year of birth, race and citizenship, height and weight, education, and marital status.

For more information about this database, click here.
This database contains information on about 8.3 million men and women who enlisted in the U.S. Army during World War II. While this database contains information on the majority of the men and women who served in the Army during this war, it is not complete and does not represent the entirety of the U.S. Army servicemen. Information found in this database comes from the WD AGO Form 317 (used from 1941-45), WD AGO Form 372 (used from 1945-46), and Enlisted Reserve Corps Statistical cards.

another database is the:
U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942

This database is an indexed collection of World War II U.S. draft cards from the Fourth Registration, the only registration currently available to the public (the other registrations are not available due to privacy laws). The Fourth Registration, often referred to as the "old man's registration", was conducted on 27 April 1942 and registered men who born on or between 28 April 1877 and 16 February 1897 - men who were between 45 and 64 years old - and who were not already in the military.

more details:
This database currently contains draft cards for the following states:

Arkansas*

California*

Connecticut

Delaware

Indiana*

Maryland

Massachusetts

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New York*

Ohio*

Pennsylvania

Puerto Rico

Rhode Island

Vermont

Virginia

West Virginia

*The collection of records for these states in this database is incomplete. Therefore, it is possible that an ancestor who fits the age requirement of this registration and is from one of these states, will not currently be found in this database.
Records for additional states will be added to this database as Ancestry can acquire them.

raf

[Odyssey;3691446]It looks like there was a George William Brody that registered. Since I don't have a subscription to Ancestry I can't see alot of details. I am guessing that this George William Brody is the one from SF that was married to a Margaret.

a George William Brody, painter, is in
California Voter Registrations, 1900-1968 > Los Angeles County >1924 >
painter, wife Fannie...

California Voter Registrations, 1900-1968 > Butte County > Oroville> 1932-1938
c/o Geo Hogan...

in 1942:
U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
about George William Brody
Name: George William Brody
Birth Date: 12 Jul 1886

RESIDENCE: Yuba, California
Birth: Polo, Missouri
Race: White
Roll: WWII_1542840
California Voter Registrations, 1900-1968 > Yuba County > 1934-1944
the wife now is Myrtle....

It might be interesting though, to take a look at the other Brody's who registered from Alameda County. Not sure if they are the same as the WWI draft but they might ask for "nearest relative/address"

I made the search by WWII because I'm sure that around 1942 GB was in Oakland, but the search was no helpful...

raf

well I'm searching ... but nothing....
raf

Hi,

I couldn't find a Margaret thread, hope this is ok.

On Margaret's death certificate, it says she was in the US Navy from 1942-46.. wondering if she met George while enlisted? Did we check the NAVY? aside from the Army....:)

Sherlock found out a Con Shaye? sp.. signed for her death certificate .. also on the cert./ Sunview Berkeley Cematary is listed... and Funeral Director, La Estrellita Mortuary. I am wondering if recall contacting all of the above for a signature from a friend/George Brody?

Also the cert/ states she was in California for 30 yrs.

Is there anyone near PA who could call the Snyder Funeral Home in Riegelsville to ask about the signature?

Hi,

I couldn't find a Margaret thread, hope this is ok.

On Margaret's death certificate, it says she was in the US Navy from 1942-46.. wondering if she met George while enlisted? Did we check the NAVY? aside from the Army....:)

Sherlock found out a Con Shaye? sp.. signed for her death certificate .. also on the cert./ Sunview Berkeley Cematary is listed... and Funeral Director, La Estrellita Mortuary. I am wondering if recall contacting all of the above for a signature from a friend/George Brody?

Also the cert/ states she was in California for 30 yrs.

Is there anyone near PA who could call the Snyder Funeral Home in Riegelsville to ask about the signature?

Apparently, The Synder Funeral Home in Riegelsville has all records. I would call but am not in the USA.

Anyone?

610-749-2421 or
Robert W. Snyder Funeral Home
327 Easton Road
Riegelsville, PA 18077

Just reconfirming all signatories are the same as the Con Shaye... guy, or perhaps we'll be surprised.

SK

just a bit.....:
in 1940 ( september) directory of Oakland

12TH ST (Oak)
(Continued)
530 Hoffman's hair goods H 1-5832
534 Hotel St Paul HI-3963
534 Pac Tel & Tel Co x*TE-9856
534 St Paul Hotel HI-3963

so GB was in Hotel St Paul.....
raf

again me...
yesterday I searched all guests ( 67) in St Paul Hotel 534 12th st Oakland, Alameda, CA..
well I as my self: who I am searching?
I'm searching the man in the pictures that Annasmom provided abt a man called George Brody or Brodie, born around 1907 by 1941 article.. unknown place; unknown birthdate, probable birthday 11 or 15 august.. salesman and jr research assistent profession...
and I'm searching a vain man, a man loving the numerology,a man loving the modern songs and the classic music, that know the nazi poison, a man using a emphatic writing, a man loving the citations from books, a man that had not a basic culture by school, but having a culture of self-taught probable, a man born in foreign country, most probably ( because he had problems in the author's names spelling/that cannot be for a US born) ...

a man that it does not suffer the loneliness, that it can be closed in a hotel room for days and days, obsessed from the money, with hope that GW died before and obsessed from probable debtors after GW death...

that is the man that I'm searching...

well my attention was abt the songs and the music... so I asked myself... as it is possible that a man having not a culture by school ( most probably) but it knew abt the songs and music... classic music also... not music for illetterate men... it is possible that this man had contacts with musicians?

in St Paul Hotel on 67 persons, for the 85% simply laborers, some clerks, but it was also:
2 nurses
1 jr research assistant ( George Brody)

2 musicians (Wayne R Clark and Floyd D N Young)
1 high school instructor ( Daniel Germino-italian: this man in 1930 was a singer)

after some year George Brody is resident in 2329 San Pablo ave; and in 2332 San Pablo ave was the Est Bay Composers club..... maybe music composers? probable...

So I think that our GB could be had contacts with musicians and singers in Oakland...

After so much time, without helpful results, I can say with certainty that GB was not the true name.. maybe a bit similar... but who know?

And my certainty have this proof: that GB wished to be very sure, that the insurance would have paid to man in the picture... why? because the data abt GB was false... but by picture no error possibility: in this way, GB had the certainty of insurance payment...

and abt the probable and future GW debtor's obsession?? what means? it is possible that GW had debts? but I have no news abt GW debts... so why GB had this thoughts??

and what thinked GW, when Anna missed, abt the GB numerology?? a strong Anna's name for a strong Anna's number.. but Anna was abudcted... any normal persons would have asked: GB, I changed the first name to my daughter, on your promise of a better life for she, instead anna missed, bad destiny.. so what you adviced? Your numerology failed! and the friendship was broken...
That would have made a normal father to which the daughter comes kidnapped....
Any father would have made so... Any father would understand that this friendship was a bad friendship and that the numerology was not a sure science...

Instead the friendship, between the 2 Georges, continued and better of before also....
What means that...?
That means that they knew very well the truth abt Anna abduction....
and GW serenity after Anna abduction confirm it..
and the only preoccupation was no pay the Anna month's sum to Annasmom... because ALSO the Anna month's sum was necessary for the GW insurance to GB favor
so the jealousy of GB was abt the money... money helpful for insurance, and the insurance was the main part of GB's plan...

I believe that the 2 Georges kidnapped Anna for to pay not the sum to Annasmom, and I believe that they, in the first time of Anna kidnapping, giving Anna to someone, in custody, for to raise it a minor price, because GB was starved of money, for the insurance, and all counts on booklet in the box, demonstrate that GB had haste of to increase the amount...

But then?
When GW said abt Toth death... a phrase .. said just and only for JF's ears..

nobody father can say a similar phrase without pain, without crying... nobody father can make a normal life, working in the hospitals as GW, and knowing that the only daughter was kidnapped...
nobody...

oh yes, GW was no in mental good health.. but enough for to work, enough for to life as nothing was happened.... as Anna never vanished... this serenity is orrible, or is a serenity of who know that the daughter is in good hands...

I believe very possible the second option....

just some my suggestions.. thanks for read me,
raf

Hi all!
just a inquiry for Annasmom:
Dear Annasmom,
you can say me if GB was able in the cooking, cuisine, or-simply- he had almost knowdlege abt the recipes?
I know that this my question can be strange, but, it is important know it for me.. thanks,
all the best,
raf

again me...
yesterday I searched all guests ( 67) in St Paul Hotel 534 12th st Oakland, Alameda, CA..
well I as my self: who I am searching?
I'm searching the man in the pictures that Annasmom provided abt a man called George Brody or Brodie, born around 1907 by 1941 article.. unknown place; unknown birthdate, probable birthday 11 or 15 august.. salesman and jr research assistent profession...
and I'm searching a vain man, a man loving the numerology,a man loving the modern songs and the classic music, that know the nazi poison, a man using a emphatic writing, a man loving the citations from books, a man that had not a basic culture by school, but having a culture of self-taught probable, a man born in foreign country, most probably ( because he had problems in the author's names spelling/that cannot be for a US born) ...

a man that it does not suffer the loneliness, that it can be closed in a hotel room for days and days, obsessed from the money, with hope that GW died before and obsessed from probable debtors after GW death...

that is the man that I'm searching...

well my attention was abt the songs and the music... so I asked myself... as it is possible that a man having not a culture by school ( most probably) but it knew abt the songs and music... classic music also... not music for illetterate men... it is possible that this man had contacts with musicians?

in St Paul Hotel on 67 persons, for the 85% simply laborers, some clerks, but it was also:
2 nurses
1 jr research assistant ( George Brody)
2 musicians (Wayne R Clark and Floyd D N Young)
1 high school instructor ( Daniel Germino-italian: this man in 1930 was a singer)

after some year George Brody is resident in 2329 San Pablo ave; and in 2332 San Pablo ave was the Est Bay Composers club..... maybe music composers? probable...

So I think that our GB could be had contacts with musicians and singers in Oakland...

After so much time, without helpful results, I can say with certainty that GB was not the true name.. maybe a bit similar... but who know?

And my certainty have this proof: that GB wished to be very sure, that the insurance would have paid to man in the picture... why? because the data abt GB was false... but by picture no error possibility: in this way, GB had the certainty of insurance payment...

and abt the probable and future GW debtor's obsession?? what means? it is possible that GW had debts? but I have no news abt GW debts... so why GB had this thoughts??

and what thinked GW, when Anna missed, abt the GB numerology?? a strong Anna's name for a strong Anna's number.. but Anna was abudcted... any normal persons would have asked: GB, I changed the first name to my daughter, on your promise of a better life for she, instead anna missed, bad destiny.. so what you adviced? Your numerology failed! and the friendship was broken...
That would have made a normal father to which the daughter comes kidnapped....
Any father would have made so... Any father would understand that this friendship was a bad friendship and that the numerology was not a sure science...

Instead the friendship, between the 2 Georges, continued and better of before also....
What means that...?
That means that they knew very well the truth abt Anna abduction....
and GW serenity after Anna abduction confirm it..
and the only preoccupation was no pay the Anna month's sum to Annasmom... because ALSO the Anna month's sum was necessary for the GW insurance to GB favor
so the jealousy of GB was abt the money... money helpful for insurance, and the insurance was the main part of GB's plan...

I believe that the 2 Georges kidnapped Anna for to pay not the sum to Annasmom, and I believe that they, in the first time of Anna kidnapping, giving Anna to someone, in custody, for to raise it a minor price, because GB was starved of money, for the insurance, and all counts on booklet in the box, demonstrate that GB had haste of to increase the amount...

But then?
When GW said abt Toth death... a phrase .. said just and only for JF's ears..

nobody father can say a similar phrase without pain, without crying... nobody father can make a normal life, working in the hospitals as GW, and knowing that the only daughter was kidnapped...
nobody...

oh yes, GW was no in mental good health.. but enough for to work, enough for to life as nothing was happened.... as Anna never vanished... this serenity is orrible, or is a serenity of who know that the daughter is in good hands...

I believe very possible the second option....

just some my suggestions.. thanks for read me,
raf

My bold. The two Georges were unaware Joe was 'investigating' them at the time. It could have been an emotional response to the letter JF penned to prove to GB GW didn't care.... especially with GW so influenced by GB's thoughts etc.

I am simply baffled by the Brody angle. Tossing this out as an idea raf, with your experience in genealogy. Is there a way to search records for European immigrants who anglecized (I know I botched that spelling badly) their last name to Brody? Do records or programs exist to search for all former surnames which became Brody?

Of course that excludes the possibility of his family being from England, but from my research it appears as if the English form of the surname is Brodie and I can't find a logical reason why one would change the spelling form 'ie' to 'y'. And it also excludes the possibility of his family being in the US for a long time with the spelling Brody, or the possible stolen identity. That GB sure can drive one batty.....

Thanks for your thoughts raf. :blowkiss:

I think Brodie is the Scots form of the name, in England Brody or even Broady is more common.

Another idea i watch a UK tv program called 'heir hunters', its about agencies that trace relatives for poeple who die intestat. They take a commission from the estate when they find a relative. Do you have agencies like that in the US? I was thinking with reference to Brodys estate.

Hi anne11- thanks for the reply. As far as we know, this George Brody never worked and was supported by George Waters ( and prior to that MArgaret Kukoda). All we have found is about 17,000 US dollars sitting in unclaimed funds in California which was found in a safe depost box after his death. As far as we know that is the extent of his 'estate'- and this money has been there for over 25 years now without any of his family claiming the funds. hth.

Thank you for the info on Broadie as a spelling, that is new to our search as far as I know.

Hmmm.... There is a George Broady listed at ancestry.com in the 1920 census with a birth year of 1903 (about the year we believe our GB was born) however, no matching George Broady in the social security death index.

raf, when you check back in, can you see what you can find about this George Broady? Thanks!

TY too Anne11. I am almost certain we have not researched the Broady spelling.

Hi all!
Dear Cubby I searched all George with similar surname spelling and nobody matching...
when I think abt GB I think to "Billy liear" movie( 1963)... I know not why this thought is in my mind, but GB remember to me "Billy liar"..
Yesterday, strangely, I found a record... the record came up on the ancestry database, so, just for luck...

I found a record and I can say that is the more interesting record found until now... It are no more records... that is my last hope....
until now ... : I cannot demonstrate that this man is our GB... I searched in old newspapers and no article abt this man... if the other records found here in so much time, matching for the 30% or 40%... this my last record matching more...

as all know, from when I'm member of this forum, well in all this time, reading and reading abt GB, thinking and thinking abt GB, the my idea abt who was this man really, I explained here some day ago... now I found this last record and I hope of to find some proof that can demonstrate that is our GB...
but frankly, it will be very hard... but so, to nose seeming to me that can be he... I cannot find the death of this man ... he was born the 25 aug 1907 in California..
In 1929 this man declaring him birthplace: Oakland, CA; false; maybe last residence, it is possible..... In 1930 he was in Fresno, CA...
after this year I cannot find more infos in residential peoples...
but I know that he was imbarked in some ship, just some travel.... for works on the ship...
I believe that he worked sometimes in the hotels in young age, as a well for little time on the ships... and after unemployed....
The parents was divorced and the last census is abt 1920; I found infos abt the father, and abt a brother, but not for others.... but the search is long....

this man was 5' 4"/ 5' 5" but I have not the eye's color; the father had blue eyes...I believe that this man changed the surname in Brody... this is possible, because the birth surname is similar in the first part...

When I found the record for emigration in Canada of 1929, and this George declared that was born in Oakland, CA, this lie, let me search better...
I know that he was born in Butte, CA... so Oakland was false... nearest relative the father, policeman in Los Angeles... and yes I found also.. the father was patrolman for 4 years only, in Los Angeles, after moved in Yuba, where died in 1969... from this info I am sure that this George B. was born in Butte, CA in the 1907, 25 august..

he was no admitted for the emigration in Canada, so back in USA
; I wish to find the back travel record... It was no necessary declaring a false birth town... so why???
but no important, because finally I found a GB liar....

the last time that I found it- with true birth name -is the 1930 census of Fresno, CA... after no more as residential people.. so I believe that after the 1930 census, he changed the surname... maybe more times....
after 1930 just some travel ( I found only 3, but I must to check other records) around 1943/8 ( 1948 maybe last trip)..
but obviously in this travels he had own birth name because he was rightly engaged; I am sure that is the same person, because same age, same work, same heigh...

maybe around this years and on a ship... he knew MK?? possible....??
I wish say that are all and only my suggestions, until now....

Well, now..... Why I think to "Billy liar"... abt GB?

Because in all this time of search, and very deep search, as I already said, I had my own idea abt our GB; that for experience as genealogist; and my experience saying that when nothing came up, with certainty some basic data is wrong.. so needing re-start the search and changing some thing...

and "Billy liar"?
GB as Billy liar had own fantastic world... so abt the following lies:
-boxe...
GB boxer?? never... but it was a boxer very famous living in California: Herb Brodie ... died in San Francisco .. the George surname maybe inspirated from that....??
he captured some infos by newspapers abt other important Brody/Brodie people and put in own life....
-relatives with money???
ohhhhhh.... but also that is a lie... it was Michael Brodie oleo margarine millionaire... also this info it was captured by mass media
-the birthdate... ???
the year is false... completely... maybe the month can be right... the my last record is abt a man born the 25 aug and not the 15 aug... in 1907 and for that matching with 1941 GB age (article)
-involved in the politic???
but it was so much people involved in the politic...
-salesman and jr research assistant ( professions in Oakland)
seeming to me, that around 1940's he was a bit old for to be a junior assistant...; research... ? of what? what he was researching for? maybe the numerology... :rolleyes: .... so vague profession... so vague... as a lie...
I believe instead that he was a man working mainly in the hotels.... some month in a town, some month in another, that almost when he was young... making also many little works, all humbles.... until he stopped in Oakland... I believe that in 1936, same period, this man, GB also named, before of to stay in Oakland was in San Leandro... but I cannot confirm it...

It would be interesting to know the astrologic birth chart also of this GB born the 25 aug 1927 in Butte, CA...

hoping annoyed nobody with my thoughts...
thanks,
raf

Hi all!
Dear Cubby I searched all George with similar surname spelling and nobody matching...
now I found this last record and I hope of to find some proof that can demonstrate that is our GB...
but frankly, it will be very hard... but so, to nose seeming to me that can be he... I cannot find the death of this man ... he was born the 25 aug 1907 in California..
In 1929 this man declaring him birthplace: Oakland, CA; false; maybe last residence, it is possible..... In 1930 he was in Fresno, CA...
after this year I cannot find more infos in residential peoples...
but I know that he was imbarked in some ship, just some travel.... for works on the ship...
I believe that he worked sometimes in the hotels in young age, as a well for little time on the ships... and after unemployed....
The parents was divorced and the last census is abt 1920; I found infos abt the father, and abt a brother, but not for others.... but the search is long....

this man was 5' 4"/ 5' 5" but I have not the eye's color; the father had blue eyes...I believe that this man changed the surname in Brody... this is possible, because the birth surname is similar in the first part...

When I found the record for emigration in Canada of 1929, and this George declared that was born in Oakland, CA, this lie, let me search better...
I know that he was born in Butte, CA... so Oakland was false... nearest relative the father, policeman in Los Angeles... and yes I found also.. the father was patrolman for 4 years only, in Los Angeles, after moved in Yuba, where died in 1969... from this info I am sure that this George B. was born in Butte, CA in the 1907, 25 august..

he was no admitted for the emigration in Canada, so back in USA
; I wish to find the back travel record... It was no necessary declaring a false birth town... so why???
but no important, because finally I found a GB liar....

the last time that I found it- with true birth name -is the 1930 census of Fresno, CA... after no more as residential people.. so I believe that after the 1930 census, he changed the surname... maybe more times....
after 1930 just some travel ( I found only 3, but I must to check other records) around 1943/8 ( 1948 maybe last trip)..
but obviously in this travels he had own birth name because he was rightly engaged; I am sure that is the same person, because same age, same work, same heigh...

maybe around this years and on a ship... he knew MK?? possible....??
I wish say that are all and only my suggestions, until now....

Well, now..... Why I think to "Billy liar"... abt GB?

Because in all this time of search, and very deep search, as I already said, I had my own idea abt our GB; that for experience as genealogist; and my experience saying that when nothing came up, with certainty some basic data is wrong.. so needing re-start the search and changing some thing...

and "Billy liar"?
GB as Billy liar had own fantastic world... so abt the following lies:
-boxe...
GB boxer?? never... but it was a boxer very famous living in California: Herb Brodie ... died in San Francisco .. the George surname maybe inspirated from that....??
he captured some infos by newspapers abt other important Brody/Brodie people and put in own life....
-relatives with money???
ohhhhhh.... but also that is a lie... it was Michael Brodie oleo margarine millionaire... also this info it was captured by mass media
-the birthdate... ???
the year is false... completely... maybe the month can be right... the my last record is abt a man born the 25 aug and not the 15 aug... in 1907 and for that matching with 1941 GB age (article)
-involved in the politic???
but it was so much people involved in the politic...
-salesman and jr research assistant ( professions in Oakland)
seeming to me, that around 1940's he was a bit old for to be a junior assistant...; research... ? of what? what he was researching for? maybe the numerology... :rolleyes: .... so vague profession... so vague... as a lie...
I believe instead that he was a man working mainly in the hotels.... some month in a town, some month in another, that almost when he was young... making also many little works, all humbles.... until he stopped in Oakland... I believe that in 1936, same period, this man, GB also named, before of to stay in Oakland was in San Leandro... but I cannot confirm it...

It would be interesting to know the astrologic birth chart also of this GB born the 25 aug 1927 in Butte, CA...

hoping annoyed nobody with my thoughts...
thanks,
raf
Raf, you are the most amazing researcher! I shall ponder all this, along with the very plausible reconstruction you posted before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazy_visitor