Who's Who in Cold Cases

I'm Mike from NJ, I have been a member here for years,but just moved along to this thread. Many of you know me from my Zodiac Killer research and interest,and from the Zodiac Forum I operate.

I have been interested in the Zodiac case for years, as well as many cases here on the east coast such as, the Lindy Sue Biechler,Dana Bailey,and Betsy Aardsma cold cases in PA.

I am of the belief that the Zodiac may have moved away from CA after police last heard from him in 1974, so I always dig into cases in other states that have similar Zodiac M.O.....anonymous taunting letters from somebody claiming to be the killer, couples attacked on secluded lovers lane areas,attackers that use 'car trouble ruses' to prey on female victims, etc(if you know any cases like thes please PM me :waitasec: )

I know there are alot of smart,and dedicated people on this site,and I believe that many of these cases can still be solved, and maybe some people here can help to be part of that process. Keep up the good work everybody

Welcome, Pat! So sorry to hear about your sister's fate, but it must be a relief to be so close to an answer. Is there a thread about her? I'd like to hear more about her and how you found her. Your determination and resourcefulness is admirable.

Madeline Anna Babcock is on Charley project , Namus, Doe net Thanks for the intrest Pat

Hi, I have been lurking at WS for years. I don't post a lot because I feel like I don't have too much to offer.

My real name is Natalie. I live in Sydney Australia. A former journalist, I spent five years working for NSW Police as a media liaison officer. I left in 2008 because I couldn't stand the bureaucracy and narrow-mindedness.

I now work in PR and don't particularly enjoy it. My passion is true crime, it has been since I was a kid. I am about to start a MA in Criminology. My dream job is FBI Agent, however, being an Aussie, it's not possible :-(.

I absolutely love WS. The brains of the posters here are just amazing. I can't even fathom the vast number of missing, murdered and UIDs in your country. So many terrible stories. So much heartbreak.

I don't know how good my sleuthing skills are. I'm better at the psychological side of things, but I'm reading the great thread here, Internet Sleuthing Tips so I can get better and hopefully contribute more to this site.

You said "I can't even fathom the vast number of missing, murdered and UIDs in your country." Does this stuff really not go on in other countries? If your answer is yes, is it possible that it is just not as freely reported as it is here? This idea is really disturbing;/

Hi, I'm Julie. I was born and raised in Everett, WA and grew up hearing about serial killers and the dangers of hitchhiking. I was about 13 when the Snohomish County Jane Doe, still unidentified and close to my age) was found a few miles from my house. I have read true crime for as long as I can remember. I am a genealogy fan and even take photos of headstones and transcribe cemeteries!

I did live in San Jose, CA for years and am currently in the Phoenix area with my two young adult twins. One is schizophrenic and I am his champion in all that I am able.

I have three murders (two unsolved) in my own family/close relationships over the years. I work in the health care industry and my job allows me lots of free time for sleuthing on the web!

Hi, I joined because of the Kathy Jones case (TN 1969). I'm her cousin.

Also, I had a friend in college who was murdered. Her case took a long time to bring to justice. But, her killer is finally in prison where he belongs. The public probably thought it was a cold case, but the police were continually working it (they said, and I have reason to believe them).

Some cases fall out pf the public eye, but might still be under active investigation. I know one vital piece of testimony and some DNA finally got the murderer arrested, tried, and convicted in my friend's case. I believe some of these cases we discuss here just need that nudge and there can finally be some justice.

I especially hope this for Kathy Jones. But, I know all of these victims have heartbroken friends and family that maybe you never hear about.

Hi Ya'll!!

i'm Helen and currently living in Springfield, Missouri. I am originally from Elizabethtown, Kentucky but have lived in Indiana, Texas and Kansas. I am not sure how I stumbled upon this website but now I am an addict and I am on here everyday. Love the old cases and love reading about ones near me so that now I can provide local information.

I am a history/genealogy researcher. Things in my past seem to mirror instances on here. I was just lucky that I survived some of these ordeals. Now maybe my own experiences can help bring someone else home.

Hello everyone, my name is Zach and I am from Catlett, Va. I stumbled across this site a couple of years ago when I recalled a UID case that I first took notice from a forensic science documentary a few years ago, although I do not recall what the name of that documentary was. The case involved a UID female who was discovered on Bull Run mountain in Februray 1982 which is only 15 minutes away from where I am living. Ultimately, and much to my suprise, she was later identified as Cynthia Gastelle from Takoma Md.

After viewing this site as a guest only, I decided this would be a useful resource for me to discuss other cases that have baffled me for sometime and hence I subscribed to this forum. Two cases I am following closely now involve a UID case from Arkansas and an apparent unsolved homicide from Pennsylvania. The UID case is in reference to "El Dorado Jane Doe" while the unsolved homicide is in reference to "Edna Marie Posey" whose dismembered remains were found in Perry County, Pennsylvania. I am at the point now where I may actually start a thread in reference to the latter case given the difficulty of finding information pertaining to this case on the web. As far as I know, this homicide remains unsolved even though DNA from three different sources were isolated from vaginal swabs that were analyzed a few years after the case was opened (She was murdered in May, 1984 before DNA analysis became commercially available).

I'm Mike from NJ, I have been a member here for years,but just moved along to this thread. Many of you know me from my Zodiac Killer research and interest,and from the Zodiac Forum I operate.

I have been interested in the Zodiac case for years, as well as many cases here on the east coast such as, the Lindy Sue Biechler,Dana Bailey,and Betsy Aardsma cold cases in PA.

I am of the belief that the Zodiac may have moved away from CA after police last heard from him in 1974, so I always dig into cases in other states that have similar Zodiac M.O.....anonymous taunting letters from somebody claiming to be the killer, couples attacked on secluded lovers lane areas,attackers that use 'car trouble ruses' to prey on female victims, etc(if you know any cases like thes please PM me :waitasec: )

I know there are alot of smart,and dedicated people on this site,and I believe that many of these cases can still be solved, and maybe some people here can help to be part of that process. Keep up the good work everybody

I am in the planning stages of putting together a website focused on PA & NJ unsolved & cold cases. There are a bunch of interesting,fascinating, and mysterious cases here in this area. I am also interested in possibly meeting up with like-minded people here in NJ or PA. If interested, give me a shout.

RHello All My Names rich.. you can guess what my last name is

Im former deputy Sheriff from PA , former paramedic as well

Went to school for forensics, primarily forensic psychology behavioral evidence analysis

Was referred to this site by a friend

Hello everyone, I'm Jake.

I've been around WS for a number of years now. My main interest is in Sharon Marshall, Amy Bradley, and the Lyon sisters. I found my way here thanks to my brother who himself followed all three. I "enjoy" (if such a word can be used in this context) most cases from the sixties and seventies.

I live in Iowa and am a graduate of the University of Iowa. I double majored in political science and religious studies. It was in a poli sci class on criminal justice where I read Helter Skelter where I really became fascinated in the criminal subculture from that period.

Hello everyone, my name is Zach and I am from Catlett, Va. I stumbled across this site a couple of years ago when I recalled a UID case that I first took notice from a forensic science documentary a few years ago, although I do not recall what the name of that documentary was. The case involved a UID female who was discovered on Bull Run mountain in Februray 1982 which is only 15 minutes away from where I am living. Ultimately, and much to my suprise, she was later identified as Cynthia Gastelle from Takoma Md.

After viewing this site as a guest only, I decided this would be a useful resource for me to discuss other cases that have baffled me for sometime and hence I subscribed to this forum. Two cases I am following closely now involve a UID case from Arkansas and an apparent unsolved homicide from Pennsylvania. The UID case is in reference to "El Dorado Jane Doe" while the unsolved homicide is in reference to "Edna Marie Posey" whose dismembered remains were found in Perry County, Pennsylvania. I am at the point now where I may actually start a thread in reference to the latter case given the difficulty of finding information pertaining to this case on the web. As far as I know, this homicide remains unsolved even though DNA from three different sources were isolated from vaginal swabs that were analyzed a few years after the case was opened (She was murdered in May, 1984 before DNA analysis became commercially available).

Welcome to Ws Det. John Kimble!
Just found this thread, hope you had some luck here with the cases you have mentioned!

Hi
I'm jess and I'm from Melbourne Australia. I'm new to this forum
I'm 30 I'm married and have three ratbags
My interests are photography family history and watching cold justice and to catch a
Killer.

Hi
I'm jess and I'm from Melbourne Australia. I'm new to this forum
I'm 30 I'm married and have three ratbags
My interests are photography family history and watching cold justice and to catch a
Killer.

Welcome to Ws JeccaW!
Lots of interesting threads on Ws, you will feel right at home here!

Not sure where to post this, so I am going to post it here, and hope some experienced cold case researchers & investigators can help with some suggestions or ideas.
I am looking for handwritten samples of forms filled out by an individual during the late 1960's or early 70's. This Guy did not own property, was arrested for a crime which was not extremely violent,and was put into a mental hospital for evaluation. He had not much in the way of Family that he was in touch with, and stayed off the grid and was a loner. His movements have proven hard to track. So,I am curious what forms or Documents he might have filled out in the state of CA that I may somehow be able to track down. Any ideas or thoughts?

Not sure where to post this, so I am going to post it here, and hope some experienced cold case researchers & investigators can help with some suggestions or ideas.
I am looking for handwritten samples of forms filled out by an individual during the late 1960's or early 70's. This Guy did not own property, was arrested for a crime which was not extremely violent,and was put into a mental hospital for evaluation. He had not much in the way of Family that he was in touch with, and stayed off the grid and was a loner. His movements have proven hard to track. So,I am curious what forms or Documents he might have filled out in the state of CA that I may somehow be able to track down. Any ideas or thoughts?

Driving license, library card, food store application/ credit/layaway, rooming house application, fishing license, old pawn shops???

I am in the planning stages of putting together a website focused on PA & NJ unsolved & cold cases. There are a bunch of interesting,fascinating, and mysterious cases here in this area. I am also interested in possibly meeting up with like-minded people here in NJ or PA. If interested, give me a shout.

Still looking to team up with like-minded people here on the East coast. PM me if interested

My name's Glenn. Came to this forum to look up one case, and ended up writing about it, and have read about others here. Great site.

My name's Glenn. Came to this forum to look up one case, and ended up writing about it, and have read about others here. Great site.

Which case did you end up writing about ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheepranch
Back