Why A Scarf?

Have to agree with ya ILTBP - so should we go with the police version the morning of the crime that reported Patsy told the officer JB was put to bed in the red turtleneck sweater? That's what I want to believe. Of course, since her stories are conflicting about what she put JB to bed in, maybe she didn't put JB down to bed at all. Maybe JB was awake and walked up those stairs like Burke said, and Patsy got her changed into that red turtleneck, but JB then was awake enough to want to go downstairs for a pineapple snack. :moo:

And John's statement about people being there at three in the morning is intriguing.

Why two attorneys for Pasty? John hired one for him and two for Pasty? Why? What would two do better than one?

Make her look more guilty - like he thought she would need the extra help??
Thing is, when you add Gray, the civil lawyer, she ended up with 3 lawyers, and Mike Bynum as a bystander.

And, though Wood is JR's main main, he also has the Firm: Freeman, Haddon, and Morgan as a safety net, with buddie Mike Bynum there to give free advice, and Gray also watching out for him. So guess JR wanted to make sure he had plenty of help in his corner too!

:bump:

Here's a site that I came across and found interesting:

http://jonbenet-ramsey.com/facts.php

Here's some info that is listed in the facts on the site. Notice, whoever wrote and compiled the facts is the person who put Sister Socks in with JonBenet, so must have been very close to the family, and obviously knew about the scarf thing.

Then, it was John’s turn. He had recently purchased a beautiful silk scarf, and he tucked it around JonBenét as if surrounding her with a final blanket of love.
Suddenly, Fleet and Priscilla White rushed in. She and Fleet had found Sister Socks, a stuffed kitten that was so dear to JonBenét. Patsy had asked to have that stuffed kitten brought over by Pam, but it was the wrong one. Priscilla knew about that, and somehow she had gotten hold of the right Sister Socks, the one with the red ribbon around its neck. I tucked Sister Socks under JonBenet’s right arm.

Just can't understand JR's action with the scarf.

:bump:

Here's a site that I came across and found interesting:

http://jonbenet-ramsey.com/facts.php

Here's some info that is listed in the facts on the site. Notice, whoever wrote and compiled the facts is the person who put Sister Socks in with JonBenet, so must have been very close to the family, and obviously knew about the scarf thing.

Then, it was John’s turn. He had recently purchased a beautiful silk scarf, and he tucked it around JonBenét as if surrounding her with a final blanket of love.
Suddenly, Fleet and Priscilla White rushed in. She and Fleet had found Sister Socks, a stuffed kitten that was so dear to JonBenét. Patsy had asked to have that stuffed kitten brought over by Pam, but it was the wrong one. Priscilla knew about that, and somehow she had gotten hold of the right Sister Socks, the one with the red ribbon around its neck. I tucked Sister Socks under JonBenet’s right arm.

Just can't understand JR's action with the scarf.

I agree. Patsy had given scarves out as gifts that year. A scarf was found in the basement, if I recall. The "chain of custody", if we can call it that, of THAT scarf has never been revealed. Was THIS the same scarf that Patsy gave? If so, did she give one to JR? Was the scarf in the basement the same one JR placed around JB in her coffin? What evidence, if any, did that scarf take to the grave? Add the scarf to the list of suspicious reasons the family refused to have her exhumed. They wanted NO more evidence to be gleaned from JB or anything buried with her. AH is also complicit in this.

Whoever it was that tucked Sister Socks under JB's arm saw the scarf. Is there any info on who it was? Would that person have been questioned about the scarf tucked over JB, since there was police questioning of JR about a scarf that was in a police photograph? If the police were so interested in a scarf, it seems they should have questioned JR about why he would have covered JB.
Or at least questioned people who saw him do it for their ideas.

I can understand the crowns, the pageant dress, the jewelry, her stuffed kitten.....but that scarf?????????????

I find it kind of hard to believe that her neck abrasions were visible at the funeral. Not a soul can convince me that Patsy didn't have the little girl prepped and primed and made up to perfection for her service. Also, can anyone recall if the media were inside of the church? I remember the clip of Patsy crying leaving the church and holding onto the priest -sporting fashionable sunglasses no less- but nothing about the actual service. I just have the image of the creepy doll from that PMPT movie that was supposed to resemble JB. *shudders* For some reason I can imagine Patsy having JB photographed even in her coffin.

I'm thinking that we might be reading too much into the scarf. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Maybe JR just wanted his daughter buried with something he wanted her to have?

I find it kind of hard to believe that her neck abrasions were visible at the funeral. Not a soul can convince me that Patsy didn't have the little girl prepped and primed and made up to perfection for her service. Also, can anyone recall if the media were inside of the church? I remember the clip of Patsy crying leaving the church and holding onto the priest -sporting fashionable sunglasses no less- but nothing about the actual service. I just have the image of the creepy doll from that PMPT movie that was supposed to resemble JB. *shudders* For some reason I can imagine Patsy having JB photographed even in her coffin.

Funeral directors can only do so much, and it depends on the neckline of the clothing, too. It has be high enough to hide the coroner's Y-cut. But I doubt she'd have had an open coffin with those horrible ligature furrows visible.
We do know she was wearing one of her pageant dresses and a tiara. Just like the doll she got that Christmas - that she didn't like).

Could the scarf of been JBR brother's??? (BR)

The scarf was referred to as a "beautiful silk scarf". I doubt it would have been BR's. For that matter, I can't see a father purchasing a silk scarf with the intent of giving it to a 6 yr. old daughter either. Silk scarf for a 6 yr old?

Maybe as part of a pageant costume, but it was said JR encouraged her talent, and didn't have much to do with the other parts of the pageants. (Don't know if I believe that, really, since the pageants were obviously more to Patsy than 'something to do on a Sunday afternoon')

Anyway, why would JR want to cover up Patsy's presentation of JB being in her white chiffon dress, which she chose because it looked angelic. The scarf was "blanketed" on JB. If it was also tucked a bit up by her neck to cover marks, then maybe that could be understood. Sure is funny that JR would have been the one to do that though, with a scarf HE purchased.

AD0086,
There will be photos of JonBenet in her coffin? The R's will have had them taken to give assent to her preparation and display.

Her neck injuries will have been covered with makeup, this is standard procedure, the scarf will have been redundant for this purpose. Why a scarf or not one of her trophies or medals beats me, could just be one of JR's indications towards the media. What a nice guy he tossed scarf into her coffin, not.

Why not choose something that would have been important to JonBenet like a doll or teddy bear. No, this was John's last laugh. His final evil touch on his daughter. Sick *advertiser censored*.

I don't think you could simply cover up a strangulation with make-up. You would need a scarf, a turtleneck, a necklace, etc.. They would have clearly been visible without one. Did she have some sort of necklace on?

Why not choose something that would have been important to JonBenet like a doll or teddy bear. No, this was John's last laugh. His final evil touch on his daughter. Sick *advertiser censored*.

Strong language. But maybe justified.

I find it kind of hard to believe that her neck abrasions were visible at the funeral. Not a soul can convince me that Patsy didn't have the little girl prepped and primed and made up to perfection for her service. Also, can anyone recall if the media were inside of the church? I remember the clip of Patsy crying leaving the church and holding onto the priest -sporting fashionable sunglasses no less- but nothing about the actual service. I just have the image of the creepy doll from that PMPT movie that was supposed to resemble JB. *shudders* For some reason I can imagine Patsy having JB photographed even in her coffin.[/QUOTE
Well once JBR had her purity and innocence taken away, there was no chance she would ever be Miss America.
So once her virginity was eroded, her morality and reputation would always be questionable. So her worth was reduced quite a bit, in the estimation of a Beauty Pageant Mom, (and a former minor celebrity in her own right!).
So then there was just the matter of who in the family had been allowed indecent and unwholesome access to JBR, so they would despise her and consider her ‘trash’.

Scarf that was mentioned in the BPD interviews with JR&PR.

4d50cf622106d0b4a20bcb3fb34c3a5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592