• She harmed Gabe

Votes: 42 40.4%
  • As part of her defense - not wanting to incriminate herself

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • Other - please post what you think the reason is

Votes: 12 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A little O/T. You really think she enjoys being in prison? I thought that was a possibility until I saw her in court last week. She looked desperate, stressed beyond belief to me and in the letter she wrote about her attys, one of the complaints was that they wouldn't tell the judge to reconsider letting her out. She's so stubborn and full of hate that I think she may never talk but I do think prison is starting to drive her even more nuts and she wants out. I just pray that she breaks or HG is found and talks. I don't think EJ is the only one that knows what happened, HG was there all week.

Yes, I think she likes the sense of security from the controlled environment. Nobody to bug her. Nobody to ask her questions. Her motion lacked conviction to me.

To me, it seems a person who really wants to get out would talk with her attorneys, be eager to find out what LE wanted from her, what deals she could strike with the prosecutor. Not refuse to go to court one week, then drag in a hand written motion to fire her lawyers because they dared to try to tell her what they're obligated to tell her.

Her words in her motion regarding wanting the judge to reconsider releasing her don't match her actions. I don't think she's so dumb as to think he would have said yes I'll let you out.

She's not talking because she does not want Logan to end up with Gabriel, and she wants Gabriel to have a better life than she did growing up.

IMO it is quite evident that Elizabeth is emotionally immature; perhaps also there is a lack of some nesting gene (for lack of better terms), coupled with a nurtured disregard for familial connection. She is vindictive and and stubborn, but I also believe she wanted what she felt was best for Gabriel; she felt Logan ruined her life and decided that he would ruin Gabriel's life if he had custody of him. Giving Gabriel up for adoption was something she considered over a year or more.

I certainly think it is wrong for her to deny Gabriel's father his rights, but others like Tayjay supported her in doing this at least at first, so she has rationalized this to feel that she was entitled to that choice. I firmly believe that she does not feel like she did anything wrong, but she might feel she made a mistake saying that she did do something to harm Gabriel.

IMO She knew when she did it this way that she would go to jail, and the help she had instructed her not to talk and let her know that she might be in jail for just a few years at the most -- they may also have instructed her that not all mothers who are charged with custodial interference see jail time.

There is not even a small part of me that believes Elizabeth physically harmed Gabriel, as not only is there no evidence for this, I do not believe she randomly ended up in San Antonio. There is more evidence albeit circumstantial that Elizabeth carrried out a planned handover of Gabriel.

I don't think she will talk any time soon, as she wants to make sure her plan is carried out; although there is a slight remote chance she might start to crack as she realizes that she may end up in jail longer than she signed up for. She is confident that they can't charge her with murder because there was no murder.

all IMO of course

I think the reason she is not talking is in her mind she has done what she thinks was the best for Gabriel, even if it is right or wrong,

Is there something wrong with this particuliar thread...been on standby all day....times change, nothing else does...

Is there something wrong with this particuliar thread...been on standby all day....times change, nothing else does...

It's because of the poll. When anybody makes a new vote, the thread is listed as "updated," even if they don't post. Aggravating, I know, but that happens with all the poll threads. HTH.

Well we have all pondered why she won't talk...let's take it a step up and ask...why should she, what would be her advantage ? Besides telling us where Gabriel is...which would be a HUGE plus...rut ro!!! We've got to look at all aspects....PLEASE, I am no lover of anyone at this time except, Gabriel....no one else....

Well we have all pondered why she won't talk...let's take it a step up and ask...why should she, what would be her advantage ? Besides telling us where Gabriel is...which would be a HUGE plus...rut ro!!! We've got to look at all aspects....PLEASE, I am no lover of anyone at this time except, Gabriel....no one else....

Her advantage in talking would be a plea deal and reduced prison time. Is that the sort of thing you mean, kappy?

It's because of the poll. When anybody makes a new vote, the thread is listed as "updated," even if they don't post. Aggravating, I know, but that happens with all the poll threads. HTH.

Thx's Duck...I ain't too much on polls..

Thx's Duck...I ain't too much on polls..

I always eventually break down and remove my subscription to them.

So, please, folks - if you vote, leave a post. Even if it's just a picture of you that Hallowe'en in the 7th grade when you dressed as Gene Simmons.

... Actually, especially if it's that photo of you that Hallowe'en in the 7th grade when you dressed as Gene Simmons. Because that would be pure awesome.

OK. Back on topic.

Her advantage in talking would be a plea deal and reduced prison time. Is that the sort of thing you mean, kappy?

My sort of thing if she reveals where Gabriel is, I could care less what time she does after that. If you plea a deal, don't you have to give something up?

My sort of thing if she reveals where Gabriel is, I could care less what time she does after that. If you plea a deal, don't you have to give something up?

If you make a plea bargain, you usually have to give a full and detailed description of your culpability - and, usually, the body/victim if there is one missing. This is why I don't think she will do any such thing, as she is not the type to fess up, IMO, and she won't talk because it hurts her ex more if he never knows what happened. MOO.

I feel the same way, kappy. If she gave truthful information that lead LE to rescuing Gabe and he is unharmed, I have no problem with them knocking time off her sentence.

I feel the same way, kappy. If she gave truthful information that lead LE to rescuing Gabe and he is unharmed, I have no problem with them knocking time off her sentence.

I wish she'd hurry up and talk. I have a bad feeling that, if she did give him to someone, she was in no frame of mind to pick well. What if she does give info, only to find the people she thought would raise him were not so trustworthy?

ETA: I believe Felony Murder would come into play here, wouldn't it, if the people she gave him to were to kill him. Anyone know how that works with custodial interference? (Sorry to bring up that awful possibility - please don't take this as callousness on my part - I am just fearful that her giving him away is not a very safe possibility in itself.)

I wish she'd hurry up and talk. I have a bad feeling that, if she did give him to someone, she was in no frame of mind to pick well. What if she does give info, only to find the people she thought would raise him were not so trustworthy?

ETA: I believe Felony Murder would come into play here, wouldn't it, if the people she gave him to were to kill him. Anyone know how that works with custodial interference? (Sorry to bring up that awful possibility - please don't take this as callousness on my part - I am just fearful that her giving him away is not a very safe possibility in itself.)

Thank you Duck..I wish she would talk as well...we only know by media reports wheteher she is or is not...she may be talking everyday to someone...who really knows..we just assume she is not...having said that, I really do believe Gabriel is with someone that is a safe person. Either she knows or someone she knows, knows......but I am old, stupid and wish for the best!

I'm not sure what charges she would face if she gave Gabe to somebody and that person harmed him. I hate to think about that so I avoid it. But she's got kidnapping and child abuse charges against her already. There could be aggravating charges added on to them or additional charges or both. That would be a good question for AZlawyer in the Legal Questions thread.

She is charged with kidnapping, which is one of the felonies that "qualifies" for felony murder in AZ if someone ends up dead as a result. If he ended up dead in TX :( I suppose we would need to look at TX law instead, but IIRC the Texas felony murder rule is even broader.

She is charged with kidnapping, which is one of the felonies that "qualifies" for felony murder in AZ if someone ends up dead as a result. If he ended up dead in TX :( I suppose we would need to look at TX law instead, but IIRC the Texas felony murder rule is even broader.

BBM

That is my impression, as well. Thanks for the reply!

Well after today's events, this thread ought to really get cranked up ! Will today's events lead to her talking...I don't think so...

She's not talking because she gave Gabriel to someone she trusts according to Gamble's comments regarding the evidence. She doesn't want to incriminate the person that has him because this person is close to her.

She's not talking because she gave Gabriel to someone she trusts according to Gamble's comments regarding the evidence. She doesn't want to incriminate the person that has him because this person is close to her.

And I wouldn't doubt she's hoping they turn him over. Maybe even baffled as to why they havn't yet. She's remaining silent, and I bet freaking out, because if they don't come forward with the baby, or proof he is alive, she knows she has to talk or face a murder sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back