GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

I recall the Carlson father's testimony and he stated he told his sons to go over to the teens to de-escalate the situation. So why was MC the first one over there? Seems like she seeks out situations like this and hoping the defense has something to prove that. JMHO.
I remember when he was talking with one of the detectives that he had a poor opinion of the river and the people on it....so maybe he was out to teach someone a lesson....he seems very arrogant to me...yet pretends to be mild mannered.
People had already been hitting him prior to Isaac. Isaac was not the first stabbed.
.....and Miu grabbed one of the boys first...he made physical contact first, why?? Why run up to them and grab their tubes and legs? Then block the tubes from going down river?

I think Miu's disordered thinking is clear from the start of his "search": he assumed that the teen boys had found the missing phone and were "hiding it" from him, so he went to "investigate" (his words).
Miu "investigated" by touching people without their permission and grabbing people's tubes and moving them around (and prevented other people from flowing downriver).
Miu was told to stop, but he didn't. Because he didn't want to.
Miu was told to leave, but he didn't. Because he didn't want to.
Miu refused to speak or explain what he was doing. Because he didn't feel he had to answer to anyone.

Interesting fact: Miu is an engineer and killed a young man who would become an engineer.
According to his testimony he was trying to tell MC but she was talking over him.

I find it interesting, the girls touching him while screaming at him don’t seem to bother anyone, but him touching the tubes/legs in the beginning of the video is perceived much more maliciously. When I watch it, he doesn’t look angry to me?

This case is very interesting because it seems really divided on how people feel. I do think it could go either way. But watching the testimony I feel he was being honest about his fear.

I will add I feel for the dad of the two boys stabbed. There for his birthday, a tradition his now deceased wife started, and this will probably ruin that tradition forever.

I remember when he was talking with one of the detectives that he had a poor opinion of the river and the people on it....so maybe he was out to teach someone a lesson....he seems very arrogant to me...yet pretends to be mild mannered.

.....and Miu grabbed one of the boys first...he made physical contact first, why?? Why run up to them and grab their tubes and legs? Then block the tubes from going down river?

I think the way he described it as falling looks pretty accurate, looks like he stepped into slightly deeper water. Either way - that immediate encounter didn’t lead to them hitting him, so clearly they didn’t feel attacked by him?

But no one was stabbed until NM was attacked was the point I was making.

As far as being a loose cannon, I haven’t heard anything that supports that, at least via trial.
Purely my opinion of Miu watching the whole trial so far. Very high opinion of himself, and does not like his ego challenged. Seems he was very accomplished in his studies and employment. And was use to being treated a certain way.

[Snipped} I find it interesting, the girls touching him while screaming at him don’t seem to bother anyone, but him touching the tubes/legs in the beginning of the video is perceived much more maliciously. When I watch it, he doesn’t look angry to me?
Glad you brought this up! I have been thinking all along how nobody complains about the girls getting in his face. screaming and pushing his shoulder or squeezing his arm but when he attempts to move one of them out of his space all hell breaks loose.

NM has responsibility for stabbing the kid but to say the group of kids were just a kind group of kids funnin' around isn't accurate. As much as you can say why didn't NM just walk away, what fear would a group of teenagers have against a heavyset old man, none would be the answer, they also could have floated away. I don't know how you can say the group has zero responsibility for their friends death, not saying it's the majority but the death is on their shoulders to some degree

I think that’s a really unfair comparison. This man had every right to be there, looking originally for a phone, then his snorkel. She rolled up and he was thinking ah, an adult, relief and sanity, to just have her get in his face aggressively and curse at him.
A young woman also had every right to be there, it was a public space!
But nobody has the right to touch you without your consent.

You have a right to tell someone to get away from you, even aggressively, and not get stabbed.
The young people were using their words, why didn't Miu use his words like a big boy?

Miu is the only one responsible for his actions. If he has no control over himself, he needs to be confined.

I think the way he described it as falling looks pretty accurate, looks like he stepped into slightly deeper water. Either way - that immediate encounter didn’t lead to them hitting him, so clearly they didn’t feel attacked by him?
He was running toward them....the boys only got physical after he hit a women. Yes, the women grabbed him to get him away from the boys, why not leave...he wanted a confrontation and lied to Maddie that the boys took his mask. Lie number one of many.

I see a 13-to-1 physical attack on N.Miu instigated by these teenagers for no reason. The force of the mob overcomes use of knife. Self-Defense and Not Guilty.

IMO the prosecution is pathetic in some of their questions, attempting to paint a scene that does not exist, eg implying Miu was "looking for a fight". Did they overcharge expecting acquittal/hung jury, to appease the media-driven frenzy? I remember thinking the media headlines were bs when it happened: "Bezerk pedophile molests little girls then stabs group of children with knife!" It was ridiculous then and now - go back and read thread page 1, 2 and see how misleading the media was just for clicks.

Did anyone else shout at whatever screen they were watching the trial on? Or just me?

More than once?

I even shouted while they were having legal arguments at the end about the jury instructions no-one has read yet :D

This trial has maybe me very angry, I have to admit. I have family in Wisconsin and have fished in many of their beautiful rivers. And the amount of lies coming out from Mr Miu with no ounce of remorse is really getting to me.

I see a 13-to-1 physical attack on N.Miu instigated by these teenagers for no reason. The force of the mob overcomes use of knife. Self-Defense and Not Guilty.

IMO the prosecution is pathetic in some of their questions, attempting to paint a scene that does not exist, eg implying Miu was "looking for a fight". Did they overcharge expecting acquittal/hung jury, to appease the media-driven frenzy? I remember thinking the media headlines were bs when it happened: "Bezerk pedophile molests little girls then stabs group of children with knife!" It was ridiculous then and now - go back and read thread page 1, 2 and see how misleading the media was just for clicks.
The teens were the only people in danger. Nice try.

10:27 a.m. - Lt. Brandi Hart's testimony continues​

Apple River stabbing trial: Jailhouse interrogator testimony [FULL]​

Lt. Brandi Hart, of the St. Croix County Sheriff's Office conducted the jailhouse interrogation of Miu after the stabbing on the Apple River. The defense acknowledged Miu lied during the interrogation in jail. He told Hart the group of teenagers insulted him and grabbed his snorkel, and threw it — and then another group of mostly girls came over and called him a child molester. He said they attacked him, and he went into self-defense mode. Then he returned to his tubing group, who asked him what happened, but he wouldn't tell them because he needed to calm down.

After Miu's interrogation video was played in court, Hart's testimony continued with cross-examination.

9:10 a.m. - Miu's interrogation video played in court​

Apple River stabbing trial: Interrogation video [FULL]​

The interrogation of Nicolae Miu was played in court at the Apple River stabbing trial. In the video, he told Hart he defended himself. He said the tubers had weapons — a smaller knife and a kitchen knife — and he took the smaller knife from them when they attacked him.

Lt. Brandi Hart, of the St. Croix County Sheriff's Office, is the 47th witness to testify. Lt. Hart conducted the jailhouse interrogation of Miu after the stabbing on the Apple River. The defense acknowledged Miu lied during the interrogation in jail.

The interview was recorded — both audio and video — and the video was played in court.

In the video, he told Hart he defended himself. He said the tubers had weapons — a smaller knife and a kitchen knife — and he took the smaller knife from them when they attacked him.

He told Hart the group of teenagers insulted him and grabbed his snorkel, and threw it — and then another group of mostly girls came over and called him a child molester. He said they attacked him, and he went into self-defense mode. Then he returned to his tubing group, who asked him what happened, but he wouldn't tell them because he needed to calm down.

"I feared for my life," Miu told Hart, noting when two people pointed knives at him, "I thought that was it for me." Luckily, he said, he took a knife from one of the teenagers and didn't remember if he made contact with anyone with the knife.

Miu told Hart he did not have a knife on the river — he only had one at the beginning to cut the rope for the tubes, but he didn't know what he did with it — that he may have put it back in his vehicle.

There's more at link...

Purely my opinion of Miu watching the whole trial so far. Very high opinion of himself, and does not like his ego challenged. Seems he was very accomplished in his studies and employment. And was use to being treated a certain way.
I think *most* of us are used to being treated a certain way no doubt.
A young woman also had every right to be there, it was a public space!
But nobody has the right to touch you without your consent.

You have a right to tell someone to get away from you, even aggressively, and not get stabbed.
The young people were using their words, why didn't Miu use his words like a big boy?

Miu is the only one responsible for his actions. If he has no control over himself, he needs to be confined.
we will just have to agree that we see this very differently. I don’t believe he stabbed anyone for telling him to leave, and after the trial, I don’t think there is any evidence that I missed that would change my mind on the catalyst for the stabbing. IMO, words didn’t get anyone stabbed.

According to his testimony he was trying to tell MC but she was talking over him.
Wow, it's as if Miu didn't want to listen to anyone that day, and just continue his problematic behavior without repercussions.
I find it interesting, the girls touching him while screaming at him don’t seem to bother anyone, but him touching the tubes/legs in the beginning of the video is perceived much more maliciously. When I watch it, he doesn’t look angry to me?
That's because the victim's perception and consent is what matters, not ours.
The teen boys didn't want to be touched or have their tubes grabbed and prevented from flowing downstream.
They said "no".
Miu didn't listen and so the young women told him "no" and "go away". I agree it looked like they put their fingers on Miu's shoulder, which is also not consensual.
This case is very interesting because it seems really divided on how people feel. I do think it could go either way. But watching the testimony I feel he was being honest about his fear.

I will add I feel for the dad of the two boys stabbed. There for his birthday, a tradition his now deceased wife started, and this will probably ruin that tradition forever.
Miu ruined everyone's life that day. He murdered a future engineer, just like him. Miu has more in common with the teen boys than he thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R
Back