GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

The only surprise in his 'statement' before sentencing is how deep his voice is. What (little) he had to say was solely self-serving (gimme an appeals lawyer, and I have feelings too but nobody let me show them!).

I am interested in what his reasons for appeal will be, it was a clean trial, with mucho evidence of his crimes.

I wonder if his brother recognizes the Chandler who presented in court today. It's hard to see how he could ever have been any different, looking down on everyone and so arrogant, rude and entitled, to name just a few of his characteristics. He certainly demonstrated he has no remorse. That phone conversation on the day of his parents' memorial!!!

When he left the courtroom I said good riddance. He is sickening.

I think he still thinks he will find a way to make it all go away, it is obvious he is going to appeal on the basis of ineffective counsel, but the back and forth from the judge to the defense says to me Chandler instructed his attorneys to only focus on the murders (as they did) at trial as their was nothing that could be challenged about all the other evidence,

their was nothing to challenge about the murders but nobody saw him do it so that was what his defense attorneys focused on, seems to me that the judge was aware during the trial that Chandler was not cooperating in his defense fully and his attorneys were doing their ethical and constitutional duty in regards to his defence, he also it seems did not cooperate in his pre sentence reports

he is really a spoilt brat still, his comments at sentencing were so disrespectful, nobody stopped him from showing his emotions today, he could have emoted to his hearts content if he chose,

the older (hopefully wiser) I get the more I have an issue with LWOP, I live in a country where very few people ever get a whole life sentence, and I think their are very few people who are not redeemable, Chandler is so young I would hope that he may in time grow and accept what he has done, and try to understand why he did what he did

While I totally agree that his statements were very self-serving and did not show any remorse, I have some trouble with envisioning any defendant who plans to appeal their conviction in the future [or at least has it in their mind they want to appeal at the time of their sentencing; not that they can’t or won’t change their mind later] would show some remorse or even remotely admit to anything they were convicted of. I don’t know but I imagine some criminal defense attorneys would explain that admitting to any of your crimes in any statement to the court at sentencing makes the chance of a successful appeal drop even lower…..and it’s not as if those successful appeal chances were all that high to begin with. I could be entirely wrong though, I have not been in this situation and advised as such by a defense attorney. But that’s what I envision some of them say, particularly if they know their client plans/hopes/wants to appeal; that anything even remotely indicating guilt is a bad idea.

But I can and do recognize in this particular case, I believe Chandler would’ve said something like this even if his counsel did not “stay away from emotions or admitting any guilt”. I think the Judge was correct, his public defenders did an admirable job; and I appreciate how careful he was with his words after hearing the defendant’s, shall we say, attempt to appeal to the public and the media for an appeal/appellate lawyer to come help him out.

Here's a link to the sentencing video, cued up where CH speaks.

Chandler Halderson sentencing hearing - YouTube.

The judge speaks afterward. I liked this judge, one of the best I've seen.

CH does have a right to appeal but he would have been better off if he had pled guilty to begin with. If he even did it here today, expressed remorse and admitted guilt, he might have had a different sentence.

Reminds me of the current Jussie Smollett situation. Both are very obviously guilty people, and it's been insulting to everyone that they continue to deny it. If Smollett had pled guilty or admitted guilt before sentencing, he would have been better off too.

That phone conversation on the day of his parents' memorial!!!

Can I hear (read about) this phone call? Can’t locate it. If someone could point me in the right direction! Thank you.

Got an automated phone called from the VineLink service saying Chandler was transferred from the Dane County Jail earlier today (Friday) to the Dodge Correctional Institution in Waupun, the maximum security facility. I also saw his photo taken upon entry to the facility, here’s his new offender photo from the DoC

Attachments

• 3FFB2A92-6296-40C5-80FD-8A308535C16D.jpeg
    3FFB2A92-6296-40C5-80FD-8A308535C16D.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 59
  • E4600EC6-4A29-419B-BEAA-DF205BDF2A26.jpeg
    E4600EC6-4A29-419B-BEAA-DF205BDF2A26.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 58
Got an automated phone called from the VineLink service saying Chandler was transferred from the Dane County Jail earlier today (Friday) to the Dodge Correctional Institution in Waupun, the maximum security facility. I also saw his photo taken upon entry to the facility, here’s his new offender photo from the DoC

Dodge Correctional is where Chris Watts is :eek::eek::eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua
Back