Identified! WI - Clinton, 'River Guy' WhtMale 1207UMWI, 17-20, 'Venom' TShirt, Nov'95 - Carl Junior Isaacs

The vital stats match up. But there is not much else, aside from Kimball's mental issues. As I see it, this guy seemed to be just drunk and distraught over a girlfriend issue, as opposed to mentally ill.

There is nothing there to tell me it's not him, but I don't see anything to make me real confident that it's him.

BTW, Doesn't Kimball look like Robert Downey Jr?

Kimball does look like Downey. Poor guy :D

I don't have a real high confidence that it's him, but on the other hand I can't see anything to rule it out, or even anything that points against it. As Billylee says, "she" could be anybody from his wife/GF to his mother or God herself. The comment about Kimball being taken for drunk in the past is suggestive. Indiana/Illinois to Wisconsin is not far at all.

I say submit it.

Kimball does look like Downey. Poor guy :D

I don't have a real high confidence that it's him, but on the other hand I can't see anything to rule it out, or even anything that points against it. As Billylee says, "she" could be anybody from his wife/GF to his mother or God herself. The comment about Kimball being taken for drunk in the past is suggestive. Indiana/Illinois to Wisconsin is not far at all.

I say submit it.

That's what I was thinking; the distance he was traveling, if it was him that spotted in Indiana it says that was 90 miles away from where he was supposed to be so sounds like poor James could have been wandering aimlessly around for awhile. Maybe the exclamation about being a fugitive, was his view of himself running away from home.

I'm not sure either, but I do think it makes enough sense to send it in and see what comes of it. I'll email the Namus contact on the UID and we'll see.

Okay, I sent an email yesterday to Namus and requested them to forward it to the Adams County Coroner's office as that contact is FAX and I don't have a FAX capability any more. I thought I might contact from the MP side also, but oddly, it's TX? and there is only a phone number and I am just not a telephone person. I will let you guys know if/when I hear anything back on this.

I just stumbled across this case. It's very perplexing. I get the impression that "she," the female figure he was referring to, just left him stranded out of nowhere... like they could have stopped at a gas station, he goes inside, he comes back out and she high-tailed it outta' there and down the road. When he told the one witness that he was a fugitive, were there any robberies, killings, kidnappings that took place in the area, maybe 50 miles out from where he was seen in the creek? This guy was stranded and upset, extremely upset and angry because he was ditched out in nowhere, and knew he had no place to go.

Also, why didn't the witnesses call the authorities at the time to report what they had seen and heard?

... I get the impression that "she," the female figure he was referring to, just left him stranded out of nowhere... like they could have stopped at a gas station, he goes inside, he comes back out and she high-tailed it outta' there and down the road.

Either he or his girlfriend were probably local, as evidenced by the medallion made by the local craftsman.

I just made a follow-up call to Lt. Todd Christiansen of the Rock County Sheriff's office to get an update on the Kenneth Blais Submission.

He says that Canadian authorities made contact with Blais' family, and they are willing to submit DNA Family Reference Samples for comparison to this case.

I asked if he has any idea how long that will take, and he said hopefully not more than six months.

Six months? Holy cow!

Glad you guys brought this one up again, I never heard a thing back from Namus, which I found really odd, not even a read-reciept. I just now resubmitted the email about the possibility of James Donald Kimball, if I don't hear back I guess I can send a snail mail letter to the Adams County ME.

A bit out of the age range; from Kansas....assumed to possibly be in Texas, on what grounds I have no clue...

"He told family he was going to prison and has not been heard from since. He had previously worked in the carnival circuit."

Would have been in his early-mid 20's when "Venom" was in their heyday....; lines up with a few of my "burnout" cousins who are around the same age and into the same music...

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1803dmks.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 1803DMKS

Fagg, circa 1994

Daniel Lacy Fagg
Missing since the summer of 1994 from Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas
Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: October 21, 1956
Age at Time of Disappearance: 38 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; green or hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars: Tattoo on right hand and finger; scar on right hand and wrist, right forearm and left finger.
Medical: Has drug and alcohol problems.
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Fagg was last seen in Wichita, Kansas in the summer of 1994.
Fagg became homeless in 1994. He told family he was going to prison and has not been heard from since. He had previously worked in the carnival circuit.
No history is shown since 1994. He may be living in Texas under an assumed name.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office
Detective Brad McCaffree
316-660-5300

Agency Case Number: 05S012367

NCIC Number: W-796474730
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office

Guessing this was the T-shirt:

http://www.rockworldeast.com/store/...s,Band_T-Shirts/Venom_T-Shirt_Welcome_To_Hell

There are lots of different designs of silver ram's head's pendants out there. Here's some.
http://www.thefind.com/jewelry/info-rams-head-pendant

I'm surprised there's no picture of the clothing or pendant on either the Doenetwork or Namus. Namus doesn't even mention the t-shirt logo, the watch or the pendant, what's up with that? It just says black t-shirt and flannel jacket. Frustrating when the reports are incomplete! Gosh, don't they understand that when people are looking for someone, they're looking for that kind of info, because sometimes clothing and jewelery may be all that's left for someone to identify.

Finally heard back from Namus contact on my James Donald Kimball submission:

I apologize because it appears we did not receive your first email or it may have been overlooked. We are working on finding the correct people to send this to for a comparison to be made.

Thank you,
NamUs Team

Side by side -- wow, that's a pretty striking resemblance.

Attachments

• 1207UMWI.jpg
    1207UMWI.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 81
  • WRBaker.jpg
    WRBaker.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 78
Even though the time line is off; this guy fits the description of the UID. If he was really "last seen" in Indianapolis in July of 1995 he surely wouldn't have been stumbling around a river in central Wisconsin months before before. With little else to go on; David Barlow does resemble the UID. If he was pissed about being stranded in WI (no jokes please ;-) ) being that he didn't have a car...maybe "she" ditched him. Again though....if he was the same guy thrashing around in the river in late '94 and was seen in Indianapolis later (July 95), I doubt he would return to WI...unless by circumstance "she" is the real local and he came back to visit....

I understand this is probably far fetched, but after 15 years something has to be "off" all together regarding this guy.

http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/barlow.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
# Missing Since: July 7, 1995 from Indianapolis, Indiana
# Classification: Missing
# Date Of Birth: March 11, 1969
# Age: 26 years old
# Height and Weight: 5'9; 165 pounds
# Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; hazel eyes. Barlow had a moustache at the time of his 1995 disappearance.

Details of Disappearance
Barlow was last seen in Indianapolis in July 1995. He was reported missing on July 7. Barlow frequented the east side of the city at the time. He did not own a vehicle. Barlow has never been seen again and the circumstances surrounding his case are unclear.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Indianapolis Police Department
317-327-6613

Source Information
Indianapolis Police Department

I like this possibility! Facial shape, the concave bridge before the nose tip, the face shape, the full earlobes. The chin looks a bit longer in the UID but the angle of the photo of the missing person can account for some of that . I covered (erase) all the hair on the missing person. I always do this. I think it is too easy for an opinion to be influenced by the hair color or hair style.Hair is the single feature that changes the appearance other than 'shopping' the face and smoothing out its character). If I still feel good about the features (assuming not posed the same) then I do more research. I think this is a good possibility!
just my 2 cents
ETA - I am not up on the logistics of this case so my opinion was on the facial match.

Just wanted to add another observation. The fullness around the lip area is a good match on Barlow.
I looked at a couple of possibles here on the thread but don't think they are a match. The reason is that the UID is a sketch. Apparently it is sketched from the deceased because there is not a clay recon anywhere. A forensic artist would know that natural beard growth (or stubble) is a great identifying marker and he depicted that well in the sketch. Here the UID has a very high on the cheek and dense stubble pattern.

Allthough Barlow only shows a mustache, it is very full. The others I see here the beard is sparse or does not have the same pattern. If a man is going to take the time to 'cut out a pattern' he will keep the rest of the beard neat. So I can't excuse a beard pattern that is different unless it shows signs of being a deliberate groomed beard which a couple of these do not. I just don't see any of these being the UID. I tried to find another photo of Barlow but could not. He is listed at one place I would not go to in my wildest "Dreams' (kwim?) because my pc got a very nasty virus from his site.

I agree on Barlow's resemblance. But keep in mind that these are skeletal remains found over a year after the UID was seen in the area. I would suspect that there would not be very much tissue left on the bones to be able to evaluate beard patterns or fullness of the lips.

It may be that the drawing was based in part by descriptions given by the people who saw him a year earlier. But then again, since he died in early Winter in Wisconsin, it is possible that the body may have been frozen and partially mummified.

It's funny that DoeNet has Baker listed as blonde. In the photo, he is not even remotely blonde by any stretch of the imagination.

I wish there was some comment on Baker's dentals. The UID had all 32 teeth prior to his death (although a few were lost postmortem), and fillings in each of his four first (i.e., front) molars.

I agree on Barlow's resemblance. But keep in mind that these are skeletal remains found over a year after the UID was seen in the area. I would suspect that there would not be very much tissue left on the bones to be able to evaluate beard patterns or fullness of the lips.

It may be that the drawing was based in part by descriptions given by the people who saw him a year earlier. But then again, since he died in early Winter in Wisconsin, it is possible that the body may have been frozen and partially mummified.

It's funny that DoeNet has Baker listed as blonde. In the photo, he is not even remotely blonde by any stretch of the imagination.

I wish there was some comment on Baker's dentals. The UID had all 32 teeth prior to his death (although a few were lost postmortem), and fillings in each of his four first (i.e., front) molars.

"It's funny...." should read "It's once again misinformation....the usual from doe..."
How unfortunate for the victims and their families that something as simple as obviously incorrect hair color is not questioned by those who claim to be so successful in their efforts to finding the missing.
It is getting increasingly difficult to get a possible match past these inept reviewers to a more scientific evaluation. The apathy in missing person cases is contagious. I am now finding persons whose skin is as dark as dark can get listed as "white" for race. This is showing up in NamUS, particularly NYC. I call them on it and they do nothing but say, their entry is correct as stated.
Dentals would be a great feature in any listing. But then how many time do we see that identifier entered incorrectly?
Kudos to all who hang in here:twocents: and wade through the misinformation to resolve these cases!

The vital stats match up. But there is not much else, aside from Kimball's mental issues. As I see it, this guy seemed to be just drunk and distraught over a girlfriend issue, as opposed to mentally ill.

There is nothing there to tell me it's not him, but I don't see anything to make me real confident that it's him.

BTW, Doesn't Kimball look like Robert Downey Jr?

and my X back in 1984!!!!!!!!!!!! He was from Michigan. However he passed away that year. The resemblance brought back memories tucked away ...

I M thinking that the earlier witnesses would be able to look at any of these possible matches and better be able to confirm any possibility

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back