WI WI - Deidre Harm, 21, Wisconsin Rapids, 11 June 2006

Cabin, I think you came across a very interesting subject. They should look hard at this one...just in case.

I'm still lost as to where the sketch of the dierdre POI came from?

I'm still lost as to where the sketch of the dierdre POI came from?

I don't think we'd been told. I think it's assumed this is a man that Diedre was seen talking to that night.

Hey there,

I'm usually a big time lurker, and being from Wisconsin, I've been following Deidre's case since the beginning. I feel like I'm going nuts, but that sketch looks sooo damn familiar to me....I don't know if this guy has a super familiar face or if he just looks like somebody I know or what, but it's driving me crazy. I don't live in Wisconsin Rapids, I live in Madison, however they did mention he had a tribal tattoo? I am part Native American and my mom lives inbetween Black River Falls/Neillsville, which I believe is pretty close to WI Rapids. I don't want to get anyones hopes up, but I know I should help if there's any possible way I can help-I just don't know how if I can't even know for sure or if I do know this person?

I know the police have said this guy "must be very familiar" with the area, but then it seems like NOBODY recognizes this guy from the area (or so they are saying). So anyway, I'm very sorry to waste everybodys time, what would you guys do? I'm grilling my brain, which doesn't seem to be helping much (I think I'm thinking too hard). Should I just call and say the guy looks really familiar to me but I don't know why? Again, I just don't want to brush this off in case I can help...any ideas guys?

Thanks,
Marisa

Keep thinking...look at the sketches.

New technology could solve 18-year-old murder case

Wednesday, June 5, 2002, 1:37 PM
by Tom Weaver
Portage County and State investigators are hoping new technology will help solve an 18-year-old murder case. Portage County Sheriff Stan Potocki and Wisconsin Attorney General James Doyle announced today that investigators are exhuming the body of Janet Raasch. Raasch was a missing UW-Stevens Point student whose body was found by hunters along Highway 54 in the Town of Buena Vista in 1984. Investigators say she was strangled and no arrests were ever made. The Portage County Sheriff’s Department and the State Department of Justice’s Cold Cases Unit are working together to investigate the death. They were scheduled to exhume the body this morning from St. Paul’s Cemetery in the Marathon County Town of Hamburg. Investigators say they have received new information that may lead them to determine who is responsible for Raasch’s death. DNA testing did not exist when Raasch’s death was originally investigated.

http://www.wrn.com/gestalt/go.cfm?objectid=3E32F98C-3AB5-4E81-B2DDB72D36A65716

Another unsolved Madison connection case found by hunters in a secluded area. It's only 15 miles from Buena Vista to Wisconsin Rapids. Straight shot down Hwy 54.

Any cause of death listed for Deidre Harm?

Another link to a webpage that lumps all these Wisconsin murders together:

http://www.bloodee.com/RealHorror/Wisconsin-serial-killer/

We have them linked here, too: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51672 I believe you will find we have more information than the site you listed.

I will be very interested in their findings regarding Janet. I am delighted someone finally is taking an active role in trying to discover the truth behind her death. It could hold the key to the others as well.

Radio announced today that LE might have a suspect in the Deidre Harm case. Nothing on the internet, though, as of yet.

Below is a sketch of the man LE was looking for.

Attachments

• bilde.jpg
    bilde.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 76
http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/20002964.html

Posted: 10:51 PM Jun 16, 2008 WEAU.com

Investigators say they got a string of tips last week in an unsolved suspicious death in Wood County.

These new leads come two years after Deidre Harm disappeared.
A Wood County Sheriff's Department Sergeant says last week a number of people came forward with information about the night 21-year-old Deidre Harm disappeared from downtown Wisconsin Rapids.

Now they're following up on information from those people who say they were in the same bar Harm was in when she disappeared.
The young mother vanished from the Finish Line Bar.

Officers released a sketch last winter of a man they think had contact with harm. But detectives still haven't identified that one person of interest.

Sgt. Shawn Becker with the Wood Co. Sheriff's Dept., says "we know that he was in the tavern the night Deidre went missing and we know he was talking with her. So it's just somebody we'd like to talk to, maybe he has some information in reference to this case, maybe he doesn't but it's somebody we'd like to talk to."

I really hope all these tips lead LE to the perp!

Salem

Anyone familiar with the Deidre Harm case, could you tell me if an African American male and a Caucasian woman were together with each other and with Deidre the night she disappeared?

Also, I understand Deidre was found on Blueberry Ridge in the Town of Seneca, west of Wisconsin Rapids. Does anyone know off of what road that location was?

http://.net/index.php?action=printpage;topic=38.0

police positively identified the skeletal remains found by hunters in a remote patch of woods some seven to ten miles from downtown Wisconsin Rapids as those of Deidre.

Now, investigators from the Wisconsin Rapids Police, the Wood County Sheriff's Department and the state bureau of criminal investigation, are trading notes, and reviewing scores of tips, trying to answer the last remaining question about Deidre's fate, was she the victim of some kind of tragic mishap or a suicide, or did she fall victim to some predator?

For now, authorities are keeping their hunches to themselves. But they note that they are intrigued by the fact that her remains — decomposed and scattered across several acres, perhaps by animals or other natural events — were found so far from the bright lights of downtown where she was last seen. At least part of the investigation is now focusing on how Diedre got to the secluded spot where she was found, authorities say, as well as the question of whether she met her end in those woods, or whether she died elsewhere and was perhaps transported there.

That's reminiscent of the large Kelly Nolan search area...

I was talking with a co-worker, who, when younger, used to party on Blueberry Ridge which was off Marsh Rd and which was where Deidre Harm was found. This was (and still is) a party spot where the local kids went for beer parties and such. He said Deidre had been found in an old refrigerator at the site but that may have been rumor he said.

I also see where Deidre lived at 2998 Swanson Road in 2005, which is about 3.5 miles south of Blueberry Ridge. One could assume she was aware of the party site having lived in the area.

RR & KR, I'm still working on the other stuff linking David E. Peacock and his brother Stephen Kelly Peacock with Wisconsin Rapids. (in between working my day job which keeps getting in the way)

Meanwhile, does anyone know whether Deidre had any links to Madison? Friends, maybe?

tangledweb, could this be off George Rd?? I am from the Wis. Rapids area and have wondered about this as the reports have not been very specific...maybe for a reason?? Not sure.
mj

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015
Back