Identified! WI - Delafield, WhtMale, UP7632, car stolen, lighter, Sep'77 - John Lindberg Scott

Oh awesome you got the bike info! I will see if I come up with anything... Yeah AMC I thought car... remember the Mad Max car??? I love that car!
I looked and was only Finding info on BMX and AMX bikes... Of this is great! By any chance did the police locate through the serial number at least where it was made or the store that it went to? That would be interesting because it might help if it's from a different town or something like that...anyway thank you mas item... I will see if I find something
fwiw, here is the full info about the bicycle:

The bike was a red AMF (not AMC) Roadmaster Skyrider 20" boy's bike with a light and bell :)

As a side note, I know that this thread has been seen by the ME and she really appreciates the time and effort :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

oh awesome and thank you again and her for the info!.. like Alleykins said it soo nice to hear feedback!

Agreed!

She gave me the info about his bicycle and asked me to say thanks to everyone :)

I wanted to repost the link to his Namus page since its someplace in the middle of the thread and you have to go way back to find it... I also wanted to post some of the images to have them accessible on the page. https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/7632

here are the images of the note page and writingIMG_2339[1].JPGIMG_2340[1].JPGIMG_2342[1].JPGIMG_2344[1].JPGIMG_2343[1].JPG

here is the lighter and the business cardIMG_2335[1].JPGIMG_2337[1].JPG

Thank you masnitram for all you do with this thread so far. I'm surprise by no rule out on Bernard "Bunny" Ross as Delafield UID. Everyone thought he's the one looks close enough as Delafield UID. I wish the Ross family members would give out DNA to see what happens and have him rule out if they were not match.

Thank you masnitram for all you do with this thread so far. I'm surprise by no rule out on Bernard "Bunny" Ross as Delafield UID. Everyone thought he's the one looks close enough as Delafield UID. I wish the Ross family members would give out DNA to see what happens and have him rule out if they were not match.
Hey KLCD620! It has been awhile, hope all is well with you.

Bernard Ross has a DNA profile according to NAMUS.

His family has said "no" based on our guys photos...though our guy was quite busted up.

(https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8953/39/)

Do we have an exact location as to where Detective Roberts put the bubbles on ? It was stated in the report that another officer had radioed ahead that the car was headed his way so they wanted to warn him about his dim lights. Had he been on Golf Rd for a few miles?

Do we have an exact location as to where Detective Roberts put the bubbles on ? It was stated in the report that another officer had radioed ahead that the car was headed his way so they wanted to warn him about his dim lights. Had he been on Golf Rd for a few miles?
One newspaper article said he was already traveling on Golf Rd and other reports say he was on I-94.

Namus states the latter, he was on I-94 when there was an attempt to stop and he exited onto Golf Rd....

FWIW, this is what a red 20" AMF Roadmaster Skyrider bike looks like
2a5433e88eaf49081b51914ef5d1bc86.jpg

oh this is awesome.. great photo!.... I have been searching.. I have found stolen bikes info but nothing seems to fit.. the only one I found so far that seems closets to the whole John Doe scenario is this one.. but the person never gave a date..
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/267208_Did_your_bike_ever_get_stolen_.html

When I was about 15 my brother and I stored our bikes on the back porch. We lived in a pretty decent neighborhood in south St. Louis. I had an AMF Roadmaster 10 spd and he had one of those rare 2 speed Schwinn Tourister models.

Our dogs were barking their asses off-inside the house-and we paid no attention to them. Next day the bikes were gone.

Learned a hard lesson that night. ALWAYS pay attention to when the dogs bark.

FWIW, this is what a red 20" AMF Roadmaster Skyrider bike looks like
2a5433e88eaf49081b51914ef5d1bc86.jpg

Has anyone looked into new Real Estate License from that year? Did Mobile home sales require some other sort of License then? On the mobile home sale flyers it says name he was using is Johnny as well as his lighter. This seems very solvable. I dont expect him to have ever been reported missing. Alot of familys back then stoped contact if member was a criminal.

John Brierton Sr. was the owner of Johnny's Mobile Home sales. He died last year at the age of 87. All of his children are alive and well, at least as of last year.

I am not sure about the license requirements for mobile homes, interesting question.
Do you know where to find real estate license info from then?

Iirc, licensing laws for mobile homes would be the same as any other real estate in IL. I don't think our guy had an RE license because he would have needed a car to show homes to clients.

I find myself wondering about the finger print card. Whatever happened with that? Getting his prints into AFIS and looking for a match seems like the best opportunity for an id.

The 40th anniversary of this case is this year. I wonder if we can drum up any mm interest in running a story in NE IL and SE WI to generate some possibilities. There is one journalist with The Daily Herald who might be interested, a Justin Kmitch. I've seen some of his articles on older cases.

Hi Cubby :)

The original fingerprint card has been missing for many years. They do have a scan with Henry Classification available and entered for manual comparisons (from my understanding). I have inquired about the capability to translate the classification and scan for AFIS.

Media coverage would be great! I know you and I talked about it a few years ago. I have a few radio contacts near the IL/WI border I will pitch the story to....these guys actually have some creative freedom to do their own stories, a rarity in the media these days...

Do either of those states have outdoor advertising? My state doesn't, that's why I ask. If so, maybe LE could talk them into posting his face at the border for however long they'd be willing.

Do either of those states have outdoor advertising? My state doesn't, that's why I ask. If so, maybe LE could talk them into posting his face at the border for however long they'd be willing.
Yep, both WI and IL have plenty of billboards and other forms of outdoor advertising.

I am going to contact Justin Kmitch and request he do an article on this case for the 40th anniv.

On another note, this is a long shot but while searching for something else (doesn't it always happen that way?) I found a John with an arrest record who might resemble our guy. I saw the newspaper article and thought the chin might resemble our guy. I can't find any evidence he is alive aliens well today, so I am hoping other sleuths will see what they can find. PLEASE USE INITIALS ONLY when discussing possible and add links.....

Here is a link to the John I found, initials JLL. Newspaper mug shot from March 1966, age 17 at the time.
http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1966/03/15/page/7/article/youth-guilty-of-rape-flees-dupage-jail

This JLL was 17 and married with one child in 1966. Based on the address listed for his residence, he would have attended Glenbard West High School. I don't have a classmates membershio, so maybe someone can check for online photos. I could check local libraries for HS yearbooks if none are available online.

There is a JXL who would be the right age, who is deceased, but his SSN is an east coast number.

Thoughts?

I think the following is likely JLL's father based on location. There is no JLL listed as a son, which might make sense if they think he just decided to cutoff communication. DO NOT bother any of the family members listed. If this is a viable possibility, I would like to have masnitram pass the info to his LE or ME contact to nots.y the family. That should not come from

http://legacy.suntimes.com/obituaries/chicagosuntimes/obituary.aspx?pid=384527

The Daily Herald on May 5 1966 reported that he was found, returned to jail, and then he committed suicide :-(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back