AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

APR 30, 2024
The mother of a boy missing from Two Rivers is expected back in court Tuesday on child neglect charges.

Katrina Baur, from Wisconsin Dells, faces charges of chronic child neglect and obstructing an officer. She’s being held in lieu of $15,000 cash bond.

The latest online court records show an amended motion to change Baur’s bail as she tries to get out of jail.

[...]

Action 2 News will bring you the latest information from Baur’s hearing, which is at 10 a.m. Tuesday morning. WBAY will livestream the court appearance if the court allows it. ...

Baur's attorney also filed a motion late Monday to allow Baur to see her other child. The state attorney requested that the motion be denied. Baur's attorney withdrew the motion Tuesday because it was filed so late Monday.

Baur will appear back in court on May 28.

Missing three-year-old Elijah Vue‘s mother must be “held fully accountable” for allowing her son to suffer “abuse and neglect” before he disappeared more than two months ago, the boy’s uncle has said.

She sat hunched with her hands in her lap as Mr Vue addressed the court in Manitowoc, Wisconsin. He said: “She is the mother of Elijah and is the main reason for all of this that has happened. Katrina needs to be found fully accountable for a lack of care for Elijah.

“She has allowed Elijah to suffer abuse and neglect. Seeing her baby all bruised up and not doing anything to help him, instead taking a picture and then deleting it is absolutely disgusting.”

Elijah’s father, Jimmy Vue, watched the proceedings via video link from the prison where he is serving a sentence for “bail jumping” and possession of methamphetamine.

“For anyone to think she could go anywhere in this county and not be followed by somebody, I don’t think they are living in reality,” Judge Dewane said.

“There’s too much at stake, there are too many unanswered questions,” he said.

Missing three-year-old Elijah Vue‘s mother must be “held fully accountable” for allowing her son to suffer “abuse and neglect” before he disappeared more than two months ago, the boy’s uncle has said.

She sat hunched with her hands in her lap as Mr Vue addressed the court in Manitowoc, Wisconsin. He said: “She is the mother of Elijah and is the main reason for all of this that has happened. Katrina needs to be found fully accountable for a lack of care for Elijah.

“She has allowed Elijah to suffer abuse and neglect. Seeing her baby all bruised up and not doing anything to help him, instead taking a picture and then deleting it is absolutely disgusting.”

Elijah’s father, Jimmy Vue, watched the proceedings via video link from the prison where he is serving a sentence for “bail jumping” and possession of methamphetamine.

“For anyone to think she could go anywhere in this county and not be followed by somebody, I don’t think they are living in reality,” Judge Dewane said.

“There’s too much at stake, there are too many unanswered questions,” he said.

My heart breaks for Elijah's family. I get that family dynamics can be troubled for everyone at one point or another, but this extended family - aunts, uncles, grandparents - seem to love Elijah deeply and know that he is the most important person of all. IMO, it seems they may not have had as much access to him as they would have liked.

If only their love could carry Elijah home.

MAY 3, 2024
The Two Rivers Police Department provided an update on efforts to locate the 3-year-old in a Facebook post, explaining investigators found no sign of the toddler after conducting additional aerial searches and inspecting manholes.

Law enforcement were working to analyze the "extremely large amount" of video and follow up on various leads, authorities said.

MAY 3, 2024
According to the Two Rivers Police Department's latest update, utility crews have been helping investigators search manholes throughout Manitowoc County. The FBI has finished its aerial searches, and volunteer drone operators have conducted more searches.

"We encourage participation in coordinated and legally permissible search efforts for Elijah," Capt. Andrew Raatz wrote. "We have also remained in contact with Elijah's family with assistance from DCI (the Wisconsin Department of Justice's Division of Criminal Investigation) regarding the efforts of our searches."

BY RHONDA FOXX WISCONSIN
PUBLISHED 7:38 PM ET MAY 06, 2024
“At this point, we’re still searching for Elijah,” Raatz said.
[snip]
“When this first all came about and seeing all these agencies coming together, I’m thinking, ‘How can we possibly all communicate and get the information through to that we need to?’ It was amazing to see that it is possible and it is entirely possible to conduct an investigation of this scale, when you have that many resources,” Raatz said.
Two Rivers police continue searching for Elijah Vue

The May 7 release also addressed recent rumors that the TRPD was not allowing an organization called Midwest EquuSearch to take part in search efforts.

"This is incorrect, misleading and serves as a distraction away from our efforts to find Elijah," the release said.

The release added the TRPD has not turned away any volunteer organization from the search for Elijah, nor do those groups need permission from the TRPD to help search.

The only restriction the TRPD has put on the volunteer searches has been to respect private property.

Baur's attorney also filed a motion late Monday to allow Baur to see her other child. The state attorney requested that the motion be denied. Baur's attorney withdrew the motion Tuesday because it was filed so late Monday.

Baur will appear back in court on May 28.
I'm not so sure she should be in contact with any of her children. :(
It looks like a recovery now, wish it wasn't so -- and Elijah's spirit calls out for justice !
Omo.

MAY 7, 2024
Police say the search continues this week with efforts using dogs and horses. Investigators are also following up on tips and leads, and analyzing video and other data.

The Wisconsin Department of Justice's Division of Criminal Investigation is the lead agency, police say.

How has this pathetic excuse for a mother not cut a deal to tell them where this baby is yet?
Exactly. Or turned on her piece-of-work boyfriend in exchange for a deal?

I think LE, together with the prosecutors, are playing the long game here, a war of attrition - including dragging out the judicial process wherever possible - designed to wear one or both of them down. And it's not even about eventual convictions, it's about finding Elijah, recovering his body by any means possible. JMO.

How has this pathetic excuse for a mother not cut a deal to tell them where this baby is yet?
My bet is she doesn't know or she would throw her victim hat on and claim she was the victim of abuse by Vang and was scared blah blah blah and cut herself a deal pronto. The fact she hasn't suggests she isn't able to provide that info.

I think Vang is the only one that knows where Elijah ended up and if Ms. Baur could tell she would, but only if it benefited her by a reduction of the charges against her. JMO MOO

My bet is she doesn't know or she would throw her victim hat on and claim she was the victim of abuse by Vang and was scared blah blah blah and cut herself a deal pronto. The fact she hasn't suggests she isn't able to provide that info.

I think Vang is the only one that knows where Elijah ended up and if Ms. Baur could tell she would, but only if it benefited her by a reduction of the charges against her. JMO MOO
I've been thinking about your post since you put it up and I really want it to be exactly the case. I have not been able to grasp KB's seeming indifference to the fate of Elijah; for me, it would be easier to accept the scenario you have offered.

That being said, why hasn't she been screaming to anyone who will listen - or her attorney on her behalf - that she is frantic to find her missing little boy? Her own family could relay messages on her behalf, couldn't they?

"We have actively requested and encouraged the help of volunteers. Referencing past media releases and news stories clearly attest to our call for volunteers. The only restrictions to volunteer groups participating in any searches has been respecting private property, which is the same restriction we have as law enforcement," Raatz wrote.

EquuSearch Midwest also weighed in on the post, saying it "has been in contact with Two Rivers Police Department in regards to Elijah Vue."

"Even though we appreciate everyone's support of our organization's search abilities, after speaking with law enforcement, they have utilized the search efforts and resources that our team would have used," the group said. "Be assured they are continuing to investigate Elijah's disappearance and have assured us that if our assistance is needed they will contact us to help bring Elijah home. This is a heartbreaking situation, and please do not lose focus that all everyone wants is for Elijah to be brought home."

I've been thinking about your post since you put it up and I really want it to be exactly the case. I have not been able to grasp KB's seeming indifference to the fate of Elijah; for me, it would be easier to accept the scenario you have offered.

That being said, why hasn't she been screaming to anyone who will listen - or her attorney on her behalf - that she is frantic to find her missing little boy? Her own family could relay messages on her behalf, couldn't they?
I am really glad Katrina's mom is advocating for Elijah since her daughter won't. Family wants Elijah found. But Katrina is indifferent, according to her mom. You're right, it would make a better appearance if she pretended to care. I suspect Katrina has no wish to scream from rooftops, even if it might make her look better to the public, even if her attorney wants her to. Just my own.
--------------------------------------
The day an Amber alert went out is burned into Baur's memory. What also stuck out that day was how her daughter reacted.

"She was calm. She was. I think the investigators had called me that night, said she was cold. Whether she was detached or in denial, I don't know," Baur said.
[snip]
"It was the mama bear, the anger, the instinct, the hysteria that was missing that just, it just hit me wrong,"
[snip]
"I don't think Trina knows more because I think she would've broke by now," Baur said.
'I don't know what broke,' says Elijah Vue's grandma about her daughter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe
Back