Found Deceased WI - Germaine, 3, Watertown Township, 9 Oct 2023

Imo not only the babysitter should be charged but also all of the nieghbors that saw that child walking in the street and just did NOTHING.
I hope they have trouble finding sleep knowing they are part of the reason a child died.

Imo not only the babysitter should be charged but also all of the nieghbors that saw that child walking in the street and just did NOTHING.
I hope they have trouble finding sleep knowing they are part of the reason a child died.
Moo..well in retrospect, some of the neighbors may feel sadness. But if the child was showing no distress, an just walking down the sidewalk, I would just figure there was a guardian close by walking/watching over him. He was in a residential area....moo

Moo..well in retrospect, some of the neighbors may feel sadness. But if the child was showing no distress, an just walking down the sidewalk, I would just figure there was a guardian close by walking/watching over him. He was in a residential area....moo
If you see a 2 yrs old child walking in the street with nobody around talking to him / holding his hand or just watching him, you have to do something. At least follow him for a little just to see if one his parents is near. It takes a few minutes and don't cost anything.
If you see a mother/father coming behind him then good. If not, the police has to be called.
And we all know bad things can happen to young kids of this age, even what would seem like the perfect, super safe residential area..

I'm not trying to attack you on what you said, I think you're right and the neighbors had this kind of thoughts when they saw him. But this should never be what anyone thinks. The world is a dangerous place and I think in 2023 everyone knows that (or atleast should know).
So I don't take this as an excuse for them.

If you see a 2 yrs old child walking in the street with nobody around talking to him / holding his hand or just watching him, you have to do something. At least follow him for a little just to see if one his parents is near. It takes a few minutes and don't cost anything.
If you see a mother/father coming behind him then good. If not, the police has to be called.
And we all know bad things can happen to young kids of this age, even what would seem like the perfect, super safe residential area..

I'm not trying to attack you on what you said, I think you're right and the neighbors had this kind of thoughts when they saw him. But this should never be what anyone thinks. The world is a dangerous place and I think in 2023 everyone knows that (or atleast should know).
So I don't take this as an excuse for them.
Moo..but people just probably glanced, see child an child is just walking. It is a residential area, other people may well of been walking around, how would you know who the child was with, how would you know he was alone?..why would you even think he is alone? ..moo

Last edited:
And in this case the kid was wandering barefoot and in shorts in a cold weather.

Moo..but people just probably glanced, see child an child is just walking. It is a residential area, other people may well of been walking around, how would you know who the child was with, how would you know he was alone?..why would you even think he is alone? ..moo
I feel like it's common sense. You realize kinda fast when a child is walking alone. If you just take 5 minutes to watch him then you can tell if he is being followed by an adult or not. At some point the adult would have some kind of interaction with him, tell him something like "hey wait for me" or maybe go grab his hand before the corner of the street..
And I would like better to have to apology to a parent (if the parent was in fact around his kid you know) than knowing something happened to a child bc I didn't do nothing when I could have.

I feel like it's common sense. You realize kinda fast when a child is walking alone. If you just take 5 minutes to watch him then you can tell if he is being followed by an adult or not. At some point the adult would have some kind of interaction with him, tell him something like "hey wait for me" or maybe go grab his hand before the corner of the street..
And I would like better to have to apology to a parent (if the parent was in fact around his kid you know) than knowing something happened to a child bc I didn't do nothing when I could have.
Moo...hey I agree it is common sense if you see a little one all alone. But a number of people saw him. What would be the reason they didn't see him as possibly alone and in danger? I am just guessing but, best I can come up with is...that there were also adults walking in same area and people assumed he was being watched by some of these other people?...moo

Moo...hey I agree it is common sense if you see a little one all alone. But a number of people saw him. What would be the reason they didn't see him as possibly alone and in danger? I am just guessing but, best I can come up with is...that there were also adults walking in same area and people assumed he was being watched by some of these other people?...moo
Maybe, people didn't know, how to handle him because he didn't speak. Maybe, they tried and gave up?

Reactions: nao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back