WI WI - Houlton, WhtFem 35-60, 406UFWI, wide-set eyes, edentulous, Oct'02

I'm not sure when this was changed, but NamUs now lists this Jane Doe as only White, not Asian or Native American as stated earlier. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I wonder if this info comes from the DNA Doe Project's analysis, although the spreadsheet hasn't been updated with her admixture yet.
Her admixture was added to the DDP spreadsheet and she is actually white with 100% European ancestry, so I guess the LE changed it on Namus as well, it happened before with other cases

stcroix.jpg

rbbm.
St. Croix County Jane Doe - Bing images
Public assistance sought in helping solve 20-year-old cold case (weau.com)
''Investigators initially believed the skull belonged to someone of Asian descent but new information provided by genetic genealogists with the DNA Doe Project showed that the skull belongs to a woman of Swedish descent. Investigators said that the woman was likely between 35 and 50 years old, had a flat face, pronounced forehead and widely-spaced eyes. Investigators added that the woman’s relatives may have emigrated to the Twin Cities area and that the skull had been left at its discovery site within a year of the skull being found.

Anyone with information is asked to call James Haefner, an investigator with the St. Croix County Sheriff’s Department, at 715-381-4325 or by email. Potential family members may be needed to confirm the Jane Doe’s identity through DNA sampling.''

StCroixCountyJaneDoe2002_Web.jpg
st-croix-river.jpg

9106_38892_edit.jpg

Found Date:
10/21/2002
Race:
White
Location Found:
Anderson Scout Camp Road, Houlton, WI

VIEW POSTER:​

Unidentified_StCroixCounty2022.pdf

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT:​