WI WI/IL - Richard Otto Macek serial killer

Found this link on Macek:

http://prezi.com/27fyxqayqdo9/richard-otto-macek-the-mad-bitter/

For some reason it doesn't include the 1968 rape in Elmwood Park, IL. I wish we could find more info on that 1968 case.

It amazes me LE in some jurisdiction hasn't tried to obtain a DNA profile for Macek. I suspect it might answer some other unsolved cold cases.

The photo at the above link is NOT Macek. The author somehow mixed up ROM with Richard Williams, from Columbia, MO. Scroll to Williams at attached link and the photo belongs to RW, not ROM.

http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller_index/serienkiller_w.php

Bump for request on information about Richard Macek. Almost all, if not all of the information I know about ROM is here within this thread.

I can add a few suggestions on ways to obtain more information on ROM.

First would be to do a FOIA request from the states of WI and IL. Request all info on file regarding ROM. Prison records, arrest records. Also make the requests from each county he where was arrested. I don't recall which counties in WI, but those are probably listed in old newspaper archives. Some will be free, others will be pay to view.

We reached out to the doctor who interviewed him, but I don't think she ever replied.
Inside A Killer's Mind

Tbc

I have an time line of either murders or assaults that Richard Macek did or suspected of, or who I suspected him of that I created decades ago. Counties in WI-Milwaukee County, Waukesha County, Kenosha County, Walsworth County, Racine County and Dane County.

I tried a FOIA decades ago with no luck. Maybe thing will be different now.

I grew up in Carol Stream.

I know the area well, and surprisingly never knew about Sally Kandel. She went to my Highschool in 1972, well before I was born. She was found in a cornfield off Lies rd, across the street from where I lived. That area never EVER felt unsafe. We were latchkey kids. I also used to ride my bike alone, or wander around that area.

I've been researching this particular murder for my Podcast. And Google is the most infuriating searching tool. I am REALLY trying to locate these supposed circulated photos of the jewel cart handle without luck.

And now Chicago Tribunes site is telling me that I can't view articles without paying. Lovely.

Also, how have I reached a monthly limit when I haven't accessed it all month? lol Must be the work server. Welcome to how the world online will look for all sites if they remove the neutrality of the net. ANYWAY, rant aside..

I'm wondering 1. if anyone has any sort of access to any old newspaper sites and the knowledge on how to search them for the articles that may have been circulated at that time. I don't NEED it, but I would like it. Especially since it states in multiple places where I was getting my details for the case, state that it was something released to the public. Or 2. has a way to find it.

The only site i found that had photos, I don't trust. They straight up marked a photo of Ted Bundy getting his teeth cast as though it were Richard Milone. Now I trust nothing. lol

Why is it so hard to find details???

I think when it comes to old cases thing get buried in the nether regions of the internet and everything costs. PM me and let me know what you want. I have a banker box full of newspaper articles on this case and others. I do not remember ever seeing a newspaper article that had a picture of he shopping cart handle but I could be wrong. Been decades since I looked at the stuff.

I just read this and well was he out running a round in murch 1973 or did they have him locked up?

tina Davidson murder did not happen untell 3-26-1973 . they found her body on 3-27-1973 on body on the beach at the lake. there is a page about her murder here on w.s.

tina Davidson murder did not happen untell 3-26-1973 . they found her body on 3-27-1973 on body on the beach at the lake. there is a page about her murder here on w.s.
Sounds like ROM MO. Overkill.

dont know whats rom mo? I know what overkill is but well from what we know about it over kill is a understatement. as to what happen to her . I did put the pod cast link on her case file here so that others could know more of what info we have found on her as well as to her case.

ROM= Richard Otto Macek
Everything I know about Macek he used overkill with all his victims. I still think there are so many more victims of his that LEA (Law Enforcement Agency) does not even know about or connected to him.

I think he could be some one they should look in to but unless the l e in my town feel reason to do so there not going to do much with tina's case unless well theres some kind of new info to the case I really dont think or know if they have dna from her murder but I think they may because of what her sister told me as to what they did just befor her mom died and that was get dna and well I find that to be kind of odd in its self . as to why they would take her dna for when they would already have tinas and who ever else? and well her case is still open and I would hope that well they get the ball running and just do some thing like well do one of them test that give a dna pro file of the killer or some thing I think that would be of some help. or give some more info as to the murder in its self. it's well a really sad with what happen to her

Just like murders I have tried to connect him to from back on the 70's too. LE doesn't want to take the time. Sad but true.

Just like murders I have tried to connect him to from back on the 70's too. LE doesn't want to take the time. Sad but true.

Remember, each & every action that LE takes requires tax money. Local LE is more likely to spend local, state, and Federal taxpayers' money to protect citizens today. The local PD or Sheriff's office may have a huge interest in wrapping up these old murders but be unable to responsibly assign the work hours.

Maybe identify some retired LE in the area, they know the territory & their time is their own to use as they please?

JMHO YMMV
upload_2019-7-22_18-30-51.jpeg

from what I know they say the money to do test in things in tinas case is no big deal since they can do it because they do have the money for it. I just think there waiting for more info that could help there case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua
Back