Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT…Just have to say hello to u Jashrema, always glad to see u posting on one of these threads. Still think about beautiful Sierah, especially while riding my bike.

Aww..thank you Blondie! What a sweetheart you are, and if you think of her while riding, I KNOW you're aware of what's going on around you!
I'm SO sick of these blitz attacks with girls/women riding bikes in broad daylight. Just a moment of isolation because of trees, corn, whatever and they're gone. Poor Lily, Ce, Mickey Shunick, and many more.

Not aware of date pattern, but Jessica Ridgeway is mentioned upthread, and this could be similar. It was a 17 year old first-timer who had tried in the past with older victims and failed, so one morning he decided to drive the bus route and grab the first girl he saw. Younger victims are easier.

Lily was abducted sometime before 9:15 PM, when her father reported the 10 year old cyclist missing. I doubt she was more than 2-3 hours overdue when reported missing. The family probably searched first.

Maybe the suspect parked at the cemetery. Seems logical to murder closer to the car.

View attachment 341334

If they did have a car nearby, it would blend in more at the brewery itself or Irvine Park. The park is always packed if it’s warm enough and there’s a bunch of random parking lots in it. There usually aren’t people at the cemetery and it’s really not hidden at all. Like there’s houses across the street and an open field next to it and stuff. The path is in a fairly central location so it would be easy for anyone in town to get there without a car as well. It would be difficult for them to get on the path without being seen by anyone though.

Not aware of date pattern, but Jessica Ridgeway is mentioned upthread, and this could be similar. It was a 17 year old first-timer who had tried in the past with older victims and failed, so one morning he decided to drive the bus route and grab the first girl he saw. Younger victims are easier.

Lily was abducted sometime before 9:15 PM, when her father reported the 10 year old cyclist missing. I doubt she was more than 2-3 hours overdue when reported missing. The family probably searched first.

Maybe the suspect parked at the cemetery. Seems logical to murder closer to the car.

View attachment 341334
When I saw your map I thought of the Delphi murders. Didn’t make myself clear.

It was cold (for me) Sunday but I don’t remember it being windy. There was a light drizzle at 7pm. It was warm Saturday so Sunday felt cold by comparison but the weather wasn’t bad or anything.
Thank you!!!

There’s a creek that runs by the trail? Close proximity to a cemetery. Any creepy significance to the date?

ETA:quoted material
I believe I understand what you are implying and I will admit when I first saw the news story heading about a girl missing near a trail, my mind went down that same path.

These are airport temperatures and precipitation. Not too cold to cycle wearing a coat. Precipitation is low.

upload_2022-4-25_23-26-7.png

Below the temperatures for the month of April. It was warm on the 23rd, cooler again on the 24th. Was she dressed for the weather? She was wearing a purple jacket?

upload_2022-4-25_23-27-19.png

I believe I understand what you are implying and I will admit when I first saw the news story heading about a girl missing near a trail, my mind went down that same path.
Actually I intended to be more clear. I was referencing the Delphi murders, which are often compared to the Evansdale murders partly due to similar dates. In the case of Delphi the murders occurred by a creek very near a cemetery that may have offered parking to the suspect. Hopefully that offers more clarity to my comments.

ETA:In Evansdale two cousins, 8 and 10 I believe, went missing while riding their bikes (which were found near a lake, possibly dumped) Nothing more was more known for ~6 mos. when their bodies were discovered.

For anyone wondering, this “trail” is barely a trail. It’s more like a shortcut from her aunt’s neighborhood to the public park (Irvine). It’s basically in the middle of town and very short. There is a hill blocking the view from one side and trees so it is semi secluded but it is still fully visible if you’re looking at it from the other direction. It’s hard to explain really but I’m shocked that it happened there.

Actually I intended to be more clear. I was referencing the Delphi murders, which are often compared to the Evansdale murders partly due to similar dates. In the case of Delphi the murders occurred by a creek very near a cemetery that may have offered parking to the suspect. Hopefully that offers more clarity to my comments.

Causation, correlation. I see similarities with Evansdale and Delphi. That seems like luring. Lily and Jessica Ridgeway seemed to be doing what they do when poof, like Molley Tibbetts, they were gone. Seems more like a blitz than a conversation.

For anyone wondering, this “trail” is barely a trail. It’s more like a shortcut from her aunt’s neighborhood to the public park (Irvine). It’s basically in the middle of town and very short. There is a hill blocking the view from one side and trees so it is semi secluded but it is still fully visible if you’re looking at it from the other direction. It’s hard to explain really but I’m shocked that it happened there.

The trail is marked on trail maps.

upload_2022-4-26_0-28-28.png

OpenTopoMap - Topographische Karten aus OpenStreetMap

Update: 10-year-old Lily Peters Found Dead After Riding Bike to Aunt’s Home, Killer at Large

4/25/22

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Iliana “Lily” Peters disappeared Sunday after she left to visit her aunt, who lives around four blocks away. The child’s father contacted police at around 9 p.m. Sunday and reported that no one could find her. She was seen by family members that evening but didn’t return back to her home off of 50 block of E. Birch Street in Chippewa Falls.

According to ABC 18, Lily’s bicycle was found Sunday night near her aunt’s house, close to a walking trail between the end of N. Grove St and the Leinenkugel’s brewery parking lot.

During Monday’s press conference, Kelm said that police found Lily’s body in a wooded area near a trail she took to visit her aunt. He declined to say whether Lily ever made it to her aunt’s home or how she was killed, but confirmed that investigators are treating the case as a homicide.

“We’re only a day into the investigation. This is a major incident, and we want to make sure we do it correctly, properly,” he said.

Mary McGuire@mcguirereports

Here’s a map showing where the body of 10-year-old Lily Peters was found this morning in relation to her parent’s home and her aunt’s home. She was last seen leaving her aunt’s home last night and was reported missing around 9 p.m. Sunday.
@FOX9

1:01 PM · Apr 25, 2022
Do they know yet what time she left her Aunt's home?

ETA: "He declined to say whether Lily ever made it to her aunt’s home..."

Oh, it never occurred to me that she never made it to her Aunts. Wow, so many questions...

Do they know yet what time she left her Aunt's home?

ETA:He declined to say whether Lily ever made it to her aunt’s home...

Oh, it never occurred to me that she never made it to her Aunts. Wow, so many questions...
I think to protect the investigation, LE does not want to confirm any information but others have reported she was last seen by family at the Aunts house.

She was last seen by family members at her aunt’s house on the 400 block of North Grove Street. She was supposed to be heading to her home on the 50 block of East Birch Street. Police, the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Office’s K9 unit and a drone pilot all assisted in searching the area Sunday night and Monday morning to find her. Officers say evidence at the scene indicated it was a murder.

4/25/22 --https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2022/04/25/chippewa-falls-wisconsin-missing-10-year-old-girl/

Well, that's what time she was reported missing. She may have left at 7 or 7:30 and family looked for her before calling the police.
Yes, that makes the most sense. I doubt her Aunt would have wanted her riding alone at 9 pm. She probably left by 7 or so, while still daylight. JMO

The brewery itself it very old and a heritage site and I think the trail may be part of that. It could also be an extension of a trail from the public park that is across the street. I just wanted to point out that the area where she was found is not what I would consider a typical trail. It is not rural or long like Delphi. We have trails like that around here (some of them are in that park), but this part is a pretty short path between her aunt’s neighborhood and a busy street. I’m not ruling bridge guy out or anything though. I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around this because she was on a bike and so close to the road/park.

Update: 10-year-old Lily Peters Found Dead After Riding Bike to Aunt’s Home, Killer at Large

4/25/22

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Iliana “Lily” Peters disappeared Sunday after she left to visit her aunt, who lives around four blocks away. The child’s father contacted police at around 9 p.m. Sunday and reported that no one could find her. She was seen by family members that evening but didn’t return back to her home off of 50 block of E. Birch Street in Chippewa Falls.

According to ABC 18, Lily’s bicycle was found Sunday night near her aunt’s house, close to a walking trail between the end of N. Grove St and the Leinenkugel’s brewery parking lot.

During Monday’s press conference, Kelm said that police found Lily’s body in a wooded area near a trail she took to visit her aunt. He declined to say whether Lily ever made it to her aunt’s home or how she was killed, but confirmed that investigators are treating the case as a homicide.

“We’re only a day into the investigation. This is a major incident, and we want to make sure we do it correctly, properly,” he said.

She was at her aunt's home. She was cycling home but did not arrive before 9:15 PM, Sunday, April 24. The family members who saw her last were not at home with her father. He reported that she was last at her aunt's home the evening of April 24.

"She was seen by family members that evening but didn’t return back to her home off of 50 block of E. Birch Street in Chippewa Falls."
From your link, she typically cycled the trail rather than through traffic.

Seems like this happened

upload_2022-4-26_1-7-35.png

4/25/22

In this article it sounds like she was taken off the bike in her aunt’s neighborhood before she got on the path. I don’t know if that’s just the wording though.

Gray Huges 4/25 episode live from about 5 hours ago has the police scanner from this morning when Lily's body was located.

Listening to the LE call traffic, it was strange to me that if her bike was located last night not too far from where her body was located by a dog walker couple (this morning), it does not appear to me that LE was anywhere near the crime scene.

Wouldn't they be searching near the bike? Perhaps they thought this was an abduction and she was taken far from the bike location?

MOO

ETA: I did not post the YT because the dog-walking couple audible and very distressed. Anybody interested can go directly to GH YT site.

Gray Huges 4/25 episode live from about 5 hours ago has the police scanner from this morning when Lily's body was located.

Listening to the LE call traffic, it was strange to me that if her bike was located last night not too far from where her body was located by a dog walker couple (this morning), it does not appear to me that LE was anywhere near the crime scene.

Wouldn't they be searching near the bike? Perhaps they thought this was an abduction and she was taken far from the bike location?

MOO

ETA: I did not post the YT because the dog-walking couple audible and very distressed. Anybody interested can go directly to GH YT site.

I can confirm that I saw them searching on the path on the side by the aunt’s house at around one in the morning. I could only see one police car from my vantage point and there wasn’t any commotion. At around 7 this morning there were civilians near a police car on the other side of creek from where they were searching last night. I didn’t hear about all this until a few hours later so I was minding my own business. I think the search may have started small and gotten bigger. They also may have been searching downstream. The brewery is very close but it’s upstream and at the end of the path next to the road. If the maps online are accurate, then she was found near the brewery. The dog walking couple might have even seen her from the road. It’s strange that the police didn’t find her but they were looking at the start of the trail rather than the end both times I saw them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125