AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of anything other than a phone. Any other ideas?
BTW it takes a while and also a court order but does anybody think LE has Jayme's cell phone records yet?

Please someone correct me if I am mistaken: I do not believe it has confirmed whether Jayme has her own cell phone or not.

She probably does, IMO, since she appears to have an Instagram account. Or perhaps she did at one point, but her parents had to take it away from her temporarily (I am mentioning this only because I once had to do that with my then 13-year-old).

Someone (I am so sorry I cannot remember at the moment) suggested earlier that maybe LE believes Jayme was still there when the 911 call (which LE has determined came from Denise’s phone) was made because they did not find the phone at the crime scene and thorized Jayme took it with her. This scenario makes a lot of sense to me, and if true, they may be looking for Denise’s phone.

If Jayme does have her own phone, I would bet LE has done everything in their power to obtain records as quickly as possible; in fact, they probably have been analyzing data for several days now, IMO. Since she is a minor, and due the seriousnes of the situation, I would think the rules are quite different than the ones that apply when an adult goes missing.

A couple of members asked about being part of a search, the threads were locked out and I was unable to respond. The search I participated in was on the east coast and was very similar to JC's search in that it was a small city/rural area. First we registered with our licenses and then passed through an area that had a larger poster with photos of the victim's cell phone, jewelry and clothing items. After that, we were broken up into groups of 15 to 20 people with one seasoned certified searcher/LEO. We were put into pickup trucks and driven to different areas of interest. At the search site, we notified the searcher in charge by raising our hand and not touching the items we found. We were also told to look up in the trees, as well as on the ground. Hope this info helps.

Okay I know some of you may not care for Mark Furhman at times including myself but the thread was closed at the time he was being interviewed on Fox.

Since he spoke I can't get out of my mind what he said because it ALL made so much common sense and none of it I had ever even considered.

Anyway for those who may be interested I will try to post it in my own words for you.

He said he believes the evidence shows that Denise was the intended target. Here is the clear reason he gave. If James had been the intended target the mission would have been over right at the front door with no need to enter the home. They would have shot James and quickly left probably before Denise could have even seen who it was.

But he said they purposefully went inside to murder Denise. He also said the crime scene can reveal who may be the intended target. Such as if one victim suffered more gunshot wounds than another victim. Or if one victim had other type of injuries done by the killer beyond the gunshots themselves.

He said he does believe that Jayme has been killed and thinks the police know that too and know they are in recovery mode now.

He also said this which makes sense to me. He said the experts on the ground have the ability in less than a day's time to know if there are any vehicles in this county of 45000 that matches the 2 vehicles in question.

So he thinks the police already know the vehicles aren't from the county this happened in. He said they will go county by county searching the DMV data base looking for possible matches and interviewing anyone who may own the same type of vehicles crossing them off one by one.

So what do all of you think about this? I found all of it so facisinating. Jmo though
I have the said the same thing. Entering through the front door makes it personal. I don't believe the crime is random. It was strategic and someone was really angry with someone in the house.

He doesnt know why but he firmly believes Denise was the intended target because if she wasnt and James was there would be no need for the killer to enter the home.

Imo that does make more sense to me. They wouldnt have to risk even entering the home since James was shot right at his door if the intended target was James all along.

Jmo
I think there is a possibility that the perpetrator was invited in earlier or got in surreptitiously. Bad things happened. James could have been trying to get away from the scene and the perpetrator shot him as he got to the door area. Later, LE kicked the door in to get inside. (although they didn't have kick, as the door was not locked)

moo

Jumping off your post BeeGirl, is anyone else surprised that JC doesn't have more of an online presence? The only other things I've been able to find are a pinterest and instagram account in her name.
Has anyone else been able to find anything?

Not really surprising to me. She just turned 13 in July. While some kids lie about their age, most social media apps require a birthdate and users have to be 13 or older. I get the sense that Jayme's parents were well clued in to her world and would not be the type of parents to let her lie to get social media accounts early. They also may not have even gotten her a cell phone with internet before her 13th birthday. A lot of parents I know that get cell phones for their kids under 13 will tightly control when/how they can use them to get online or get phones that don't connect to the internet at all. JMO.

Hi Everyone,

I have given permission to discuss the tips being posted on the Sheriff's Facebook page. If you see a tip you want to discuss you must provide the link to the sheriff's Facebook.

Let me add and I cannot stress this enough, DO NOT SLEUTH ANYONE POSTING A TIP. If you do my head will explode then you will be banned for not only sleuthing an innocent person but for the mess in my living room.

Thank you,
Tricia

Wooooo! Okay - I am very excited about the Rambler's Rest tip. I hate the fact it's a hotel (for dozens of reasons I won't let my mind explore) and hope it bears fruit, as its OP said she saw the investigation.

I almost never post here, but didn't see this comment yet.
It sticks with me that they scanned the IDs of every single volunteer. They're looking for someone close. IMO.

They have to know who everyone is for chain of evidence. All the items collected will probably take a few days to assess, and they might want to call the people in the team who found an item, and knowing who those people are would be necessary for that reason. Scanning the ID is better than writing a list of names, addresses and phone numbers, and probably quicker, too.

Items found during Jayme Closs search, not related so far

In the search for Jayme Closs, the Barron County Sheriff's Office says it has recovered items collected by the volunteer search groups and is assessing those items.

None of the items collected, thus far, appear to be connected to the disappearance, the Sheriff's Office says.

I am beginning to get the feeling that Jayme had no phone of her own yet, and that she shared a home computer with her parents....MOO
I thought I had read a few days ago an article that said she was "fine, normal" at the Sunday party and spent a lot of time on her phone as kids do but now I can't locate said article. Maybe someone else can?

The only cell tower that is probably in the search areas today (we don't know all the search areas).

Here is the street view of the tower itself along US 8 approximately 3100 feet East of the Closs home. You can pop back up out of Street View to see the Satellite or Street Map.

Google Maps
Thanks. I found the locations of the towers, but don't know how to post it.
Gotten study that one. But I do see there are towers very close.

content://media/external/file/18911

re Norms:

Teens, Social Media & Technology 2018
YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat are the most popular online platforms among teens. Fully 95% of teens have access to a smartphone, and 45% say they are online 'almost constantly'

Until recently, Facebook had dominated the social media landscape among America’s youth – but it is no longer the most popular online platform among teens, according to a new Pew Research Center survey. Today, roughly half (51%) of U.S. teens ages 13 to 17 say they use Facebook, notably lower than the shares who use YouTube, Instagram or Snapchat.
Despite the nearly ubiquitous presence of social media in their lives, there is no clear consensus among teens about these platforms’ ultimate impact on people their age.

A plurality of teens (45%) believe social media has a neither positive nor negative effect on people their age.

Meanwhile, roughly three-in-ten teens (31%) say social media has had a mostly positive impact, while 24% describe its effect as mostly negative

I think one of these might be Snapchat. Can't remember but your location could be traced

Wooooo! Okay - I am very excited about the Rambler's Rest tip. I hate the fact it's a hotel (for dozens of reasons I won't let my mind explore) and hope it bears fruit, as its OP said she saw the investigation.
Where is Rambler's Rest in comparison to the house?

Can any locals give us some insight on the hotel?

jmo

It sticks with me that they scanned the IDs of every single volunteer. They're looking for someone close. IMO.

Welcome and that’s a great point. I’ve been wondering too if they’re hoping the person(s) who committed this horrendous crime or someone he/she/they know who knows of their involvement will feel safe enough to join a group of 2000 people to retrieve something important that was accidentally dropped that night. Maybe something that will lead LE right to them.

Thanks, @Tricia.

The tip seems to be a good one. Black Ford Escape spotted in the parking lot of Barron's First Ramblers Rest, a motel about 5 minutes east of the Closs family home on Hwy 8.

Barron County Sheriff's Department

The woman who posted the tip called it in, and it seems LE came out pretty quickly to look at the vehicle and run the plates.

She also claims in her comments that the car has been parked there for about a week, hasn't moved, and she hasn't seen anybody near it. It's "suspicious" (her words) and has tinted windows.

I think that's probably common. I've participated in a few searches in my area and had to show DL and in one case I had to give LP number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125