AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only LE would release a LITTLE something else, some kind of info from the crime scene or something that wouldn't jeopardize the investigation. I guess they would if they felt it was necessary, but I keep thinking if they could just release anything, maybe it could crack the case.

I believe it’s not something heard on the call. If the phone was not near either of the deceased victims then someone else made the call, thus Jayme. Maybe they didn’t find the phone in the house. I have heard no report that they have the phone, correct me if I am wrong. MOO

They have the phone.
They don't say where they found it but if it wasn't near a body that wouldn't mean it had to be Jayme. The bad guy could have thrown it, for example.

I find it amazing that this person or persons have outsmarted the FBI and LE!

Yes, especially since the crime was so horrendous and brazen and drew so many departments and investigators. That's why I think the perp was: 1) local to the area. 2) Was a stranger to the family. 3) Only saw Jayme from afar or in a public place. 4) Has no serious previous criminal record. 5) Highly intelligent. 6) Knows the local roads. 7) Has some kind of military or other training.

LE have Denise's phone as stated by the Sheriff on PC links in an earlier thread. They have not said who made the 911 call.
The way I understood the report was that they knew it was Denise’s phone that made the 911 call, but I did not see that they have the actual phone in their possession. They would know whose phone by the number and also when they made a return call they heard Denise on the voicemail. That is my understanding. (I could be mistaken, I was once before.)

Thanks Compass...
It was said here LE does have Denise's phone
Mystery is why 911 was called but no one said anything directly, just background sound of yelling, commotion
Whether Denise, Jayme or whomever...
Can only figure they were silent as to not draw attention to what they were doing...or in Denise's case: she was wounded, perhaps could not speak....
I think Jayme was heard, or was referenced during that call....
Unless...
the phone was found well away from Denise's body....(assuming James was shot dead immediately)
then the presumption, though it could be false, is that Jayme dialed 911....

BBM:
IndyA, I also think this scenario is highly plausible.
Jayme's parents transferred her to a different school.
Was this just because her"family caretaker" moved to a new area, or did her parents have other reasons for wanting her out of her prior school environment?

Someone gave an explanation many threads ago, based on what LE had said put together with what the poster knew about the WI school system. Jayme was being allowed to attend the out of district school because her caretaker lived in the district. When Jayme's caretaker moved to Barron a year or so ago, Jayme HAD to transfer to her home district.

Yes, especially since the crime was so horrendous and brazen and drew so many departments and investigators. That's why I think the perp was: 1) local to the area. 2) Was a stranger to the family. 3) Only saw Jayme from afar or in a public place. 4) Has no serious previous criminal record. 5) Highly intelligent. 6) Knows the local roads. 7) Has some kind of military or other training.

Agree with most everything you wrote except not sure about #2. I think the Closs family was at least acquainted with the person(s) who took Jayme.

I also believe Jayme is still alive and somewhere in northern WI, where there are SO many cabins, cottages, etc and a national forest which has many many backroads and logging roads which are rarely traveled. With hunting season, snowmobiling, and holiday season coming up; perhaps those roads will get more traffic.

Last edited:
G-Snap, great post. I also think that what you described above is a very plausible scenario.
IMO, it's very possible that the parents were aware of the killer, who almost certainly is an adult male, having an unhealthy interest in and/or an inappropriate relationship with, JC. There may have been something that either came to light or occurred that Sunday that brought the situation to a critical head. Analyzing JC's digital footprints along w/ those of Denise and James may provide LE with a lot of helpful information.

Re: Denise appearing to have barricaded herself in the bathroom, a question for the parents here: can any of you think of a scenario where you would lock yourself into a bathroom with a gunman loose in the house without first making sure you had your daughter there with you so you could shield/protect her? If Denise barricaded herself in the bathroom and JC was outside, that is IMO a troubling aspect to this case...because again IMO, if the perp was a total stranger unknown to the family, there is no way Denise would have done that.

I don't see this as having been a random crime at all. JMO.
I think Denise and James were the targeted and intended victims. JMO.
I think Jayme was the motive. JMO.
Interesting points!

Well...generally it is not known if a missing person is alive until a body is found. Most of those behind the stats were likely presumed alive until proven otherwise. Jmo
True. And we really have no idea whether or not it applies to Jayme, as so far there is no indication that she is alive. We can only hope this is not the case. I think the point is that it's not looking good right now. It's been almost three weeks and it appears as if they have no leads at all. Jmo

For something completely different....
After Mark Fuhrman made guess that Denise was the target (though bizarre to me, she's the target so they kill her husband and take her daughter...but, he's the expert...)

And then this 'Dance Mom' angle another poster mentioned...

Just the other day I saw a pic, then several of Denise - I was taken aback: not sure what I expected but she seems very vibrant, sassy...big smiles, her bright hair...a large personality, could command a room.....I understand she was kind and compassionate

No idea where I'm going here really...but what if some woman was envious/jealous or just plain annoyed by her...what if there was some ongoing spat/feud (nothing big, nothing LE could really track down)...and it came to a head (at least in our fictional woman's mind) and she gets her man/men involved...to go do something about it...???

Yeah...admit....far fetched...yeah, go murder people and take their kid....and then what????

Still.....I could see Denise as a fierce mama bear too....she'd cut down any man or any one who she saw as a threat or insult to Jayme....could, again, rub a person, especially a mentally ill person, the wrong way....

Just ideas...because, well what else now?
JMO

If only LE would release a LITTLE something else, some kind of info from the crime scene or something that wouldn't jeopardize the investigation. I guess they would if they felt it was necessary, but I keep thinking if they could just release anything, maybe it could crack the case.
I think their best chance is tracking down those cars.

True. And we really have no idea whether or not it applies to Jayme, as so far there is no indication that she is alive. We can only hope this is not the case. I think the point is that it's not looking good right now. It's been almost three weeks and it appears as if they have no leads at all. Jmo

A more than sad ending would be that if Jayme is deceased, her body might not be found for a long time, meaning all clues would have disappeared. That means the killer would be free to strike again. I sure wish my train of thinking wouldn't go here.

Yeah, like show us the actual cars they have on video and where they saw them for starters. Asking the public to call in tips on pretty much all generic Challengers, Edges, and MDXs of certain colors is absurd when there very well could be unique identifiers on the actual cars themselves that could break the case wide open. And in no way would that "compromise the investigation".

JMO.

The human nature part if me feels the same way but at this point if LE started releasing info I would worry. A change in pattern isn't always good.

A more than sad ending would be that if Jayme is deceased, her body might not be found for a long time, meaning all clues would have disappeared. That means the killer would be free to strike again. I sure wish my train of thinking wouldn't go here.

If she is deceased, it could be too late already, if indeed any clues existed in the first place. It depends where she is found. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfdvjitrdjj634754gxdd