WI WI - Namrud "Rudy" Tessema, 46, from NY, left on spiritual journey, barefoot, Mercer, Iron County, 22 Oct 2023

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
6544354d07df9.image.jpg

(WAOW) — A missing endangered person alert was issued for Namrud Tessema, 46, from Valhalla, New York.

The alert said Namrud left New York in September on a spiritual journey.

More at MISSING PERSON: New York man last seen in Mercer

Namrud was last seen in Mercer around Maple Ridge Road on October 22nd.

Family says he was barefoot, and was in the area on what they call a 'spiritual journey' as he recently showed interest in Native American culture and traditions.

Last edited:
NOV 19

His family and local authorities are deeply concerned about his safety and well-being. A search is on in multiple counties

It’s been 57 days since Namrud “Rudy” Tessema was last seen.

They’ve been working with tribal and local police departments, as well as a private investigator.

They’ve launched social media campaigns, put up billboards, made lawn signs, and are considering setting up a reward.

Mike Randall is the Chief Deputy for the Iron County Sheriff’s Department.

He said that the department has been working with the FBI, his hometown police department, and the Wisconsin Department of Justice.

A caller in Plover, WI recently said he saw a man matching Tessema’s description per billboards in the area, but Plover Police were not able to find him.

There were police reports of calls about a shoeless man up in Ashland County, around the right timeframe, which were passed on to the Iron County contacts. Couldn’t find any more info though. I located that via the Facebook page dedicated to him. Waaay down in a comment, there’s a screenshot of the reports and the dept response that they’d follow up.

There were police reports of calls about a shoeless man up in Ashland County, around the right timeframe, which were passed on to the Iron County contacts. Couldn’t find any more info though. I located that via the Facebook page dedicated to him. Waaay down in a comment, there’s a screenshot of the reports and the dept response that they’d follow up.
I hope they really did follow up.

I hope they really did follow up.
There’s not much to the reports. It mentions that the responding officer was unable to locate. Patrols are spaced out, it’s a large county. It was probably a low urgency call for them, and probably took a while to get there when they had time. But it is a possible route he may have taken. Last mention of a shoeless man was near Hwy 112 near Ashland. Next logical county would be Bayfield.

There’s not much to the reports. It mentions that the responding officer was unable to locate. Patrols are spaced out, it’s a large county. It was probably a low urgency call for them, and probably took a while to get there when they had time. But it is a possible route he may have taken. Last mention of a shoeless man was near Hwy 112 near Ashland. Next logical county would be Bayfield.
Thx for the info. I really hope he is ok. Wisconsin winters are no joke.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParamLubana
Back