Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
laini said:
Does anybody know about "meth teeth" and how quickly it happens? I know dentists say it is awful on teeth when someone has used meth. Maybe that could account for teeth going from good to horrible in a year's time. (don't mean to imply this Jane Doe was using meth. I am just brainstorming. Their facial features look so much alike!)
Interesting thoughts. Thanks.

Meth teeth could very well be an explanation. I can't see the pictures though. (why is doenetwork ALWAYS down?!)

Saliva helps to break down bacteria and food particles in your mouth. Using meth decreases the amount of saliva in your mouth, and also meth users tend to grind their teeth and forget about hygeine...

check out the "Faces of Meth" campaign..if that is not a reason to start meth, i don't know what is!!!

http://www.drugfree.org/Portal/DrugIssue/MethResources/faces/index.html

I never really thought about it, but drug users can look so dramatically different in such a short amount of time. No wonder there are so many unidentified people...

jodierenee said:
Meth teeth could very well be an explanation. I can't see the pictures though. (why is doenetwork ALWAYS down?!)

Saliva helps to break down bacteria and food particles in your mouth. Using meth decreases the amount of saliva in your mouth, and also meth users tend to grind their teeth and forget about hygeine...

check out the "Faces of Meth" campaign..if that is not a reason to start meth, i don't know what is!!!

I never really thought about it, but drug users can look so dramatically different in such a short amount of time. No wonder there are so many unidentified people...

Jodierenee,
Regarding doenetwork, did you know if your link has doenetwork.us then you have to change it to doenetwork.org. Their site changed recently. If you are getting error messages for doenetwokr pages, that might be why.

Also, thanks for the info on what meth does to teeth/saliva. I didn't know about it affecting saliva. (I am an ICU nurse and we call it "meth mouth" when we see it.)

In all honesty- I think Racine Jane Doe in nowhere near 14 years old because she looks WAY older than that- she looks like she's in her mid 20s to early 30s and she definitely is under 35, so I would put her at 23.5-33.5 years old

outofthedark said:
The second sketch of Jane Doe resembles the first photo of Danielle

If the girl could be Danielle, she could have lived in bad conditions that could have eventually decayed her teeth and caused them to fall out
Not to slander anyone here, but I've heard that some types of drug use are very hard on your teeth - couple that with living on the "run" (maybe homeless) and poor hygiene......bad teeth.

Looks like her!

jodierenee said:

Sorry, jodie, for trying to upstage you. I missed your post!!

We'll chalk it up to "Great minds think alike!!""

Unidentified White Female
Located at 6:15 a.m. July 21, 1999 in a cornfield on 92nd Street in the Town of Raymond, Wisconsin.
Cause of death was multiple injuries. Manner of death is homicide.
Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior to discovery

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 14 - 35 years old. (Probably under 30) Estimated year of birth is 1964 -1981

Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8" (173 cm); 120 lbs. (55 kg)

Distinguishing Characteristics: She had sun highlights in her short brown hair. Her eyes were brown, but do not exclude hazel. Each ear was double pierced and there appears to be no scars or tattoos. She had a "Cauliflower" deformation on her right ear that may have come from a recent injury. Possibly cognitively disabled.

Dentals: Available. She had fairly poor dentition, and had protruding front teeth. Several teeth were missing or decayed. Her teeth showed signs of long term neglect.

Clothing: She was wearing a man's gray and silver country and western shirt with snap buttons and a red floral pattern on the front of the shirt along with black sweatpants. The manufacturer of the shirt, Karman, informed police that it was produced and distributed throughout the United States about 15 years ago.
DNA: Available

Case History
The victim was found on the edge of a cornfield in a rural area of Racine, Wisconsin on July 21,1999. It appeared the murder had occurred elsewhere and that the body had been dumped, perhaps because the area is near I-94.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Racine County Sheriff's Office 414-636-3211

NCMEC #: NCMU400013
NCIC Number: U-520000267

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
Cora Jones.org
Cora Jones News
Find Missing Children
The Doe Network: Case File 199UFWI

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/199ufwi.html

Is this the UID female that NCMEC has listed as "Racine" Jane Doe? I accidentally ran across a redone post-mortem with her eyes open and it scared the daylights out of me (don't remember where I saw it). Anyhow, just wanted to ask because I thought they might have been two different cases until I got to the end.

Name: Angela Ponte
Born: 1978 or 1979
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Her right ear has a "cauliflower" deformation.
Missing: 1993

WARNING! One of the images is post mortem.

Attachments

• PonteAngela2.jpg
    PonteAngela2.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 549
  • 000274u1.jpg
    000274u1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 689
  • racine_jane_doe.jpg.w300h188.jpg
    racine_jane_doe.jpg.w300h188.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 463
Lizza:

I can't open the attachments in your post. Can you post them or link them in some other way?

ETA I googled Angela Ponte and found that she was missing from Sicily on 2 Jan 1993 at age 14 yrs. What are the chances she would turn up in a Wisconsin cornfield six years later? Doesn't seem likely, yet the age, hair and eye color, dental conditions, and ear deformation all seem to match.

Are you going to notify LE?

Hoppy

Is this the UID female that NCMEC has listed as "Racine" Jane Doe? I accidentally ran across a redone post-mortem with her eyes open and it scared the daylights out of me (don't remember where I saw it). Anyhow, just wanted to ask because I thought they might have been two different cases until I got to the end.

I saw her post mortems too and they gave me the feeling that she is WAY over 14 years old. They scared me too. I'll give her between 25-35 as an age range

Her post-mortem photo is pretty shocking. She has amazing eyes in that picture. Her front teeth looked really bad - and I realize she's been dead for some time - they just looked big, maybe she was slightly buck toothed... Don't mean to be ugly about her...

She could have been murdered because of her possible disability.

I found some more info on her: http://meyahna.tripod.com/pg21.html

Here's some important info from that page:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The victim had been tortured for up to 4 weeks before her death.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]She had been burned on more than 25% of her body: head, face, neck arms and upper torso. The burns were in various stages of healing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]She had been severely beaten, possibly with a blunt instrument. Her left ear was deformed as a result of the beating. She had received blunt force injury to the head, chest, abdomen, wrists, hands and fingers. Her nose was broken.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The woman was also cut on the head and on her body, was sexually assaulted and starved.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The abuse apparently escalated in the last three to five days before her body was discovered.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]She had many untreated open wounds who participated to her death.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Her cause of death was multiple homicidal injuries.[/FONT]​

That sounds like a strong possibility to me - or if not marriage, then an abusive relationship anyway. If her abuser had isolated her from friends and family, as is so typical, then it could be that noone knows she's missing and he would not have reported it. He probably would say that she left him.

Good heavens - that's horrific!! Why do people treat other people this way???

Yes, I believe this is the same woman.

Mail order bride might be a very interesting possibility, if her non-US heritage is correct.

There are many mail order brides in this country that are horribly abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500