Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I understand if this is not to be re-mentioned. I apologise if not and please just delete my post but has anything come of what was said earlier on before the thread was deleted?
No, and it's not to be discussed because neither the information nor the poster is verified.

VERIFIED PROFESSIONALS and CASE INSIDERS

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some hold specialized knowledge that applies to the various circumstances of the cases we discuss, and can contribute valuable insight and information. We welcome their participation.

To ensure that anyone posting as a "professional" in a specific field truly is what/who they claim to be, WS employs a verification process.

The verification process also applies to "case insiders". Relatives, friends, and others personally acquainted with a victim or suspect; or a professional working on behalf of a victim or the family, i.e., a private investigator, can submit a request to be verified as a "case insider".

If you would like to become verified, please contact the site owner at wsverify@gmail.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, a telephone number, and the times when you can be reached.

If you are a "professional" or "case insider", but would prefer not to be verified, please understand that you will be required to follow the general rules for posting, and back up your statements with links to appropriate sources.

More information on how to submit a request, and the information required, can be found at this link:

Verification Process for Professionals and Insiders

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

Rules: Etiquette and Information

I don't think this Jane Doe lived far from where she was found. That shirt is an older show shirt IMO. I think sometimes maybe she could of came from a rule area in Wisconsin or IL. Maybe it wasn't that she was tortured but rather beat all her life and this time it was taken to far.

A lot of people suggest that this doe could've been held captive for a long time, but I'm personally unsure. I feel like, with most kidnappings, the murderers MO is to kill them ASAP, dispose of evidence and move on. However in cases where individuals have been held captive a long time (eg Jaycee Dugard) the people are not killed. This is just my opinion of course :)

I agree with giagreen that this was likely a more or less local person (say within a 2-3 hour drive) subject to long-term abuse that escalated violently for some reason. I think it's quite unlikely she was ever reported missing by anyone, though she may be someone whose family is looking for her not knowing whether she's alive or dead. Seems like there are a lot of those cases on Facebook and other social media these days--families looking to reconnect without going through LE.

I was talking with a few Janesville officers and I brought up Jane Doe and they had no idea who I was talking about. One of them got confused and said the girl in the suitcase by Geneva had been identified. I of course explained it them. Anyways point is Janesville isn't far from where Jane doe was found and even then these younger officers didn't even know about her. So I have a funny feeling she's from the area. Like carbuff said maybe 2-3 hour drive maybe even less. I think its just a matter of getting the story out about here more in smaller towns. Maybe it would trigger someone's membery and they will remember a family with a younger daughter with some cognitive disability and realize they haven't seen her in years. Its a long shot but I do spend a lot of time driving threw small towns in Wisconsin over in that area. I think I'll print off some of her flyers and put em up in gas stations when I drive threw.

I am torn between it being escalated domestic abuse or prolonged captivity (possible abduction) and subsequent murder. I can see the argument for either side.

Not a bad suggestion, the age is at the higher end listed on namus. Racine had healed scars on her shins but no mention of scars elsewhere that i can see. The potential abductor would have been in 60's by then. Could have been some sort of change "in ownership" which resulted in a sudden increase of abuse resulting in Racine's death. :-( There is never any way to say things without feeling horrid as you type them is there. Middle sketch on doe network does have some sort of likeness.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/199ufwi.html

Just thought to post this. It is from her NamUs info page.
fvv0xs.png
Pretty amazed someone mentioned this MP in this tread. She's one of the more well-known disappearances in my state, and I've researched her a bit.

This is why Websleuths is great, I've never even heard of this connection before. However, Doreen was apparently not a fan of rural environments, so I don't see why she'd find herself in Raymond, Wisconsin. Her father has been a suspect in her disappearance and was apparently very violent and angry with Doreen, especially nearing her disappearance. I don't think she made it passed 1988 let alone 1999. Unless some serial killer somehow transported her to that area.; but I see her pop-up in a number of Doe cases.

I have no idea why this story just popped into my mind, I have not thought about this for years. But this could play into some of what is speculated here about this girl.

I do not for one second believe this doe is the girl in my story, but the same thing could have happened to our doe as what happened to this person I knew of years ago.

Back in the early 80's there was a man and his wife with several children that lived in a trailer park. The man was a nasty drunk and a really bad gambler. So one night he was playing poker with some other drunks and he was loosing. As his next bid in the pot or whatever it is called when you add to the poker pot he said he was putting up his daughter.

The drunk lost and he actually followed threw and he gave his daughter to another drunk man, a older man at that, I am talking in his 60's, he was certainly old enough to be his own daughter, prob even her grandfather. She was just a baby of 16 years of age.

The old man that won her took her down to the courthouse and married her. None of this was by her own will but she knew that if she did not comply that her father would do terrible things to her and maybe even kill her. So she complied as she was told to do and she married the older man. He would rape her and beat her, he belittled her at every angle. Her cooking wasn't good enough, the house wasn't cleaned right, the laundry not done right, nothing she did was right.

For a while after she married this man she stayed in high school, then she dropped out so no one seen the bruises on her and could report the abuse. I never knew what ever happened to her, she went totally off my radar. But her story just has me thinking that our doe could have suffered the same kind of twisted fate. Maybe she off the radar because she more or less was a slave to someone, and no one is looking for her because her family sold her off.

I have no idea why this story just popped into my mind, I have not thought about this for years. But this could play into some of what is speculated here about this girl.

I do not for one second believe this doe is the girl in my story, but the same thing could have happened to our doe as what happened to this person I knew of years ago.

Back in the early 80's there was a man and his wife with several children that lived in a trailer park. The man was a nasty drunk and a really bad gambler. So one night he was playing poker with some other drunks and he was loosing. As his next bid in the pot or whatever it is called when you add to the poker pot he said he was putting up his daughter.

The drunk lost and he actually followed threw and he gave his daughter to another drunk man, a older man at that, I am talking in his 60's, he was certainly old enough to be his own daughter, prob even her grandfather. She was just a baby of 16 years of age.

The old man that won her took her down to the courthouse and married her. None of this was by her own will but she knew that if she did not comply that her father would do terrible things to her and maybe even kill her. So she complied as she was told to do and she married the older man. He would rape her and beat her, he belittled her at every angle. Her cooking wasn't good enough, the house wasn't cleaned right, the laundry not done right, nothing she did was right.

For a while after she married this man she stayed in high school, then she dropped out so no one seen the bruises on her and could report the abuse. I never knew what ever happened to her, she went totally off my radar. But her story just has me thinking that our doe could have suffered the same kind of twisted fate. Maybe she off the radar because she more or less was a slave to someone, and no one is looking for her because her family sold her off.

How truly awful! I find it hard to believe there are people like that in the world. I really hope the girl in your story has by now escaped this terrible man.

Sadly there are people in this world that are like that. It does not just happen to poverty striken families either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, unless Karen's deceased father is exhumed, there is no way to compare her to any UIDs. Dental charts and fingerprints for her and Michael are unavailable, and so is DNA, since it was not taken from their father before he died--and not from their murdered mother.

Unfortunately, unless Karen's deceased father is exhumed, there is no way to compare her to any UIDs. Dental charts and fingerprints for her and Michael are unavailable, and so is DNA, since it was not taken from their father before he died--and not from their murdered mother.

Karen has a maternal uncle, from whom they could get a DNA sample that would be suitable for mitochondrial DNA comparison. I'm not sure if he is still alive though.

Nevertheless, I'm not seeing Karen at all as a possible for Racine Jane Doe. Her facial structure isn't close at all, even considering the her likely facial development beyond the age of 11.

I thought I read somewhere no dentals were available :doh: it's been a long, long week, LOL...I've made the stupidest mistakes all week.

She seems to have likely been murdered at the time of disappearance, but you never know...I see her maybe as a possible for Princess Doe. It would fit in with the PD timeline of her being a transient.

I thought I read somewhere no dentals were available :doh: it's been a long, long week, LOL...I've made the stupidest mistakes all week.

She seems to have likely been murdered at the time of disappearance, but you never know...I see her maybe as a possible for Princess Doe. It would fit in with the PD timeline of her being a transient.

I hear you about the stupid mistakes. Ye gods. It must be something in the air. And yeah, I think she looks more like Princess Doe. Though I do see a bit of a resemblance to Racine JD also. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieKel