WI - *REWARD* Kevin P Anderson wanted by US Marshalls for murders of James and Nedra Lemke - Jefferson County - June 2020

MadMcGoo

Staff member
Reaction score
According to the criminal complaint filed by Hall, at approximately 5:48 p.m. Tuesday, June 16, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call from Nedra Lemke, 57, reporting a potential burglary at N1941 County Highway A, just off of State Highway 106 in the Town of Sumner. She told dispatch that she and her husband, Jim, 59, had arrived at the property of her late father, Verdal Anderson, to mow the lawn and noticed that some windows on the home were broken. They checked the doors and found they were locked, and were concerned there might have been a break-in.
When a deputy arrived approximately 12 minutes later, in full uniform in his marked squad car, he noticed a sports utility vehicle parked in the driveway. He parked his squad several yards behind it and, as he approached the vehicle, he saw a woman lying on the ground next to the driver’s side of the vehicle.

<snip>

The complaint states that as the deputy was calling in to his department from the passenger side of his squad car, which was positioned between him and the home, someone started to fire a gun in his direction from the second story of the home. He reportedly crouched behind his squad and, using his duty weapon, returned four rounds toward the upper northeast window of the house, in the direction of the person who was firing toward him, while simultaneously retreating down the driveway and into a ditch across the road.

<snip>

Meanwhile, the two-story house on the property was on fire. Because it was a crime scene, Fort Atkinson firefighters were asked to refrain from putting it out.

According to the complaint, officers searched the property, and Deputy Scott Gukich found a black Dodge Ram 1500 registered to Anderson’s wife in an outbuilding with the door closed.
Deputies determined that the victims were Anderson’s sister and husband, and that the man in the back seat of the SUV was Anderson and Nedra Lemke’s brother, Kirk, who is nonverbal due to mental and physical limitations. <MORE at link>

A $10,000 reward was offered Monday for the capture of a Fort Atkinson man accused of killing his sister and brother-in-law last month because he wasn't named the executor of his father's will.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is offering the reward because Kevin P. Anderson hasn't been seen since June 16 when Nedra Lemke called the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department to report a possible burglary. She said she and her husband, Jim, saw broken windows when they arrived to mow the lawn at her father's home in the Town of Sumner, west of Fort Atkinson. <MORE at link>

83BF14D1-BA28-4676-8C79-111B42CEF807.jpegA833B6CE-9E4B-4CAA-968B-99CD2275628F.jpeg69844934-B7E1-4AFA-864D-30958D6A3BF9.jpeg

I listened to the podcast last week and was also kind of surprised there wasn’t a thread here.

I feel certain this guy hasn’t been living off the land for this long, and am almost as sure he isn’t being hidden or aided by someone who is aware of the murders.

I think he’s either dead or way off the grid somewhere far from Wisconsin, more likely the former, something like 75/25.

I thought I posted this but I guess I was mistaken.

This link has footage from the first responding deputy’s body worn camera.

Odd that the firefighters were asked not to put the fire out because it was a crime scene. So letting it burn to ashes was a better idea?

I could understand if they believed the shooter was still in the house and likely to harm the firefighters. But there must have been a point when that was no longer a possibility.

Nov 13, 2023 article - still looking for him

[…]

Prosecutors have since charged Anderson with two counts of first-degree intentional homicide for the murder of Nedra and James Lemke, one count of attempted intentional first-degree homicide, one count of arson and one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm.

[…]

Anyone who sees Anderson should avoid approaching him and call law enforcement at 920-674-7310 instead.

[…]

Kevin certainly made a great escape, if he is still alive. On the America's Most Wanted episode this case just aired on, Marshalls and Jefferson County Sheriff's Department officials appear to believe he still could be living off the land in that area. I'm less than an hours drive from this area and it's just not that dense for a fugitive to live in the woods like that and not get caught. Unless he suicided in a ditch somewhere. He could he have committed suicide inside the farmhouse, and because firefighters were not allowed to put out the blaze, his body could have just been incinerated. It's hard to believe this guy is still on the run because he would have needed to have a way out of there. Could he have hitchhiked his way out of there? Most likely, he would need an extra car to get away from the scene that quickly. Interesting but tragic case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooby_Cluebie_Doo
Back