WI WI - Terry Dolowy, 24, Barre Mills, 14 Feb 1985

Inexplicably this case has just been entered into NamUs. Anyone understand why?

Some cases are making there way to NamUs because of the public entering them and the families entering them. There have been a few I have entered in (Terry was not one of them) who are not in NamUs. Some Law Enforcement agencies have not approved on them because they are unaware of what NamUs is. Hopefully one day every county in the country will be aware of what NamUs is and how much it can help aid in a search for information on a missing person.

I wonder if this means the DNA did not match her.

There’s been a confession, police not commenting now.

ETA: confession to a nurse at a hospital. (MOO, the hospital is Mendota, a state mental health facility.)

According to the police, they have DNA. We'll have to see if it's a match.​

The La Crosse Tribune

La Crosse, Wisconsin · Sunday, February 18, 2001

The_La_Crosse_Tribune_2001_02_18_page_7.jpg

I came across this unsolved case when browsing tonight. I had not heard of this one and I am in Wisconsin. It is very interesting. Terry Dolowy, 24 went missing, 4 days later her headless body was found burning in a ditch. The articles at the link start out in 1985 up to 2001 I believe. They were in 2001 discussing DNA evidence. Her little white poodle named Suzie disapeared with her. I am gonna go search to see if I can come up with more current info. Here is the link for the articles.

http://www.lacrosselibrary.org/digitalproject/dolowy.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1
Back