Will Smith slaps Chris Rock on stage live at the OSCARS

@CharlestonGal

Yeah I looked at her site and saw g paltrow, (goop) that said alot to me.
I find her odd.

Jmo
I don't have anything against "tantric sex" or finding your inner wild woman. It's harmless enough. I don't think that's what Will Smith needs at the moment though. He now has much bigger problems than his sex life. The kind that need help from someone with some credentials and a license. Yoga and tantric sex isn't going to cut it.

Strangely enough, I found a "Wild Woman Circle" practitioner right here in Charleston, SC when I was looking at their site. So it must be some kind of thing, I guess. jmo

I find this whole incident hilarious. Sorry not sorry
I don't. The thought that a stand up comic has to be careful about what they say because they could be assaulted is troubling.

I remember coming home after long, tough days in a rotten mood, and watching Joan Rivers do a monologue making fun of herself and others. The woman was hysterical and never failed to change my rotten mood. People like the Queen and Cher loved the jokes she told about them. She'd be so disgusted by this violence over a benign joke that we'd never hear the end of it. RIP, Joan.

If comedians have to change their acts because of this incident, life is going to be a lot more boring.

I find this whole incident hilarious. Sorry not sorry

So do I .. just seeing people who have spent their whole lives crafting a false image completely destroy it in one moment of craziness is just funny. They're all such phoneys it is good to see behind the mask. I have nothing against WS, and don't think he needs to be cancelled or anything, people lose it, it's human, thank you for being real etc, I hope Chris Rock makes millions off the back of this, and I have no sympathy for Jada.

Jada was back at The Red Table today.
The show opened with title card reading: "With all that has happened in the last few weeks, the Smith family has been focusing on deep healing. Some of the discoveries around our healing will be shared at The Table when the time comes."
That family is in a constant state of healing. It never ends.

Chris Rock’s mother reacts to Oscars slap, “when Will slapped Chris, he slapped all of us.” (wctv.tv)
''Rock says this is the one year she did not attend the Oscars and was watching the ceremony at home when her son was slapped in front of millions. She told WIS, at first, she thought the slap was staged, until “he [WIll] started using obscenities.” She continued saying, “when he slapped Chris, he slapped all of us.” She added, “He really slapped me.”

''According to Rock, her son was very excited to give Questlove his Academy Award, and because of Smith, that moment was taken away.

“No one even heard his speech. No one was able to just be in the moment because everyone was sitting there like, ‘what just happened?’” she said.

She said the only thing she could do from home was reach out, and tell him she was proud of how he reacted. Which, as a mother, was hard to do.

Rock said so many things could have happened at that moment, stating Chris could have stepped back and fallen or Smith could have even been taken out in handcuffs.''

Last edited by a moderator:
Reputation repairing. SMH
IMO Will needs to <modsnip> just do the work. This attention seeking in the aftermath looks totally insincere.
One would think that by now he would have reached out and personally apologized to Chris. According to the link posted up thread by dotr, Chris's mother claims he has yet to do that. Posting a message on instagram isn't much of an apology.

It's interesting that Will apparently did not meet with the guru in India.
Fact check: Will Smith did not meet Sadhguru in Mumbai on his recent trip to India

I'm sure he thinks that time and distance is going to make people forget about what happened. So he's off living his best life and just waiting until people move on to something else. He does not care about apologizing because he still thinks he done nothing wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, his reputation was ruined the second he stepped foot on that stage and every step he has taken since then has helped to seal the deal (IMO). This is a man that will never accept responsibility for his behavior. He will waltz back into Hollywood in another month or so and act like nothing ever happened.

When someone is *that big*, I don't know how they ever feel the impact from a bad decision. He's got enough fans to still be noticed and loved anywhere he goes and he's got enough money to probably never have to work again and will still live much more comfortably then most of the population.

@sds71 wow, what a terrifying situation. I’m glad to hear that no one was seriously hurt or worse. I can’t help but chuckle at Rock’s comment about Smith. Also, in the attached picture I am seeing a distorted looking arm? My eyes aren’t so great though.

@sds71 wow, what a terrifying situation. I’m glad to hear that no one was seriously hurt or worse. I can’t help but chuckle at Rock’s comment about Smith. Also, in the attached picture I am seeing a distorted looking arm? My eyes aren’t so great though.

Yes his security guards turned his elbow into a knee

A man was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon after attacking comedian Dave Chapelle on stage at the Netflix Is A Joke Fest at the Hollywood Bowl, officials said.

There's good footage of his distorted arm in the video.

Oooohhhh my goodness! There are soooo many things I would like to say about all of these incidents.

The DA’s office said the victim identified Lee as his attacker after the suspect gained significant media attention following the on-stage confrontation with Chapelle at the Hollywood Bowl earlier this month.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJW4966
Back