Will there be a resolution to this case soon?

What bothers me though is LE prioritizes the tips and I have seen so many Cold Case shows where the real tip was completely dismissed at the time and the answer lay in the files for years until new detectives looked at the case again with unbiased eyes.

IMO

I'm with you on this. I try to watch every cold case file that I can - love the ones hosted by Bill Curtis.

You are so right, new sets of eyes come in years later and 'wow' they interview the one person over looked or follow up on the phone tip not considered significant...It amazes me one can be overlooked. moo

I haven't finished reading this thread to see if anyone else responded but if you go to this website and put in Portland, OR, you will see a blue dot on the map and it is for Skyline Elementary.

http://weather.weatherbug.com/OR/Portland-weather/weather-station.html?zcode=z6286

I think I may have jumped the gun on this (I was so excited). They appear to have a "WeatherBug Station" at Skyline, but I am not certain they have a webcam there.

ETA: I found another page that showed Skyline with a magenta colored dot and that meant "other station", not "weatherbug station with camera".

I think I may have jumped the gun on this (I was so excited). They appear to have a "WeatherBug Station" at Skyline, but I am not certain they have a webcam there.

That's right Jules71. The blue dots have a temperature and wind direction/speed reading. The green dots have cameras. There is no Weatherbug camera at Skyline Elementary School.

http://maps.weatherbug.com/ Zoom in to Portland.

IMO, until LE truly begins to look @ this case through that *different lens* they mentioned a few weeks ago, there will not be a true or complete resolution to this case anytime soon.

I think the microscope on TH may have yielded all the info there is to be found where TH is concerned, and needs to be set aside for now, and maybe another lens needs to utilized - a lens with a wider angle, perhaps?

Having said that, I believe it's highly possible that TH has some involvement in Kyron's disappearance (either directly or peripherally). It may just be a matter of LE having focused the lens in one direction (i.e. exclusively on TH & her friends/associates), when perhaps all that needs to be done @ this point is to rotate a bit in the opposite direction (i.e. apply the 6 degrees of separation theory) and see what the lens captures.

How about an arrest before the divorce hearing (Jan 6th) or better yet, before Christmas???

How about an arrest before the divorce hearing (Jan 6th) or better yet, before Christmas???

I'd sure like to see that. I'm thinking if it's either of the two, it'll be before the hearing. I say that because I hope the judge had some compelling reason to delay the hearing to that date, and that the reason had to do with him knowing how fast or slow the necessary wheels turn.

It's sad that this thread was started almost 4 months ago, with the question, will there be a resolution soon...

Maybe there will be an arrest...but I doubt there will be a resolution. I'm not even sure a conviction will be a resolution if what happened to Kyron is not revealed.

I'd sure like to see that. I'm thinking if it's either of the two, it'll be before the hearing. I say that because I hope the judge had some compelling reason to delay the hearing to that date, and that the reason had to do with him knowing how fast or slow the necessary wheels turn.

I was thinking along the same lines, that is what the judge is hoping...but if LE is no further along (if the GJ has really ended and been reconvened 3 times), I cannot imagine that they will arrest her before trying to get her to explain herself under oath at the divorce/custody trial. I think they will wait until that trial is over...either she will have to talk, or she won't talk, which will be held against her by the judge. Then LE will swoop in and arrest her. that's the scenario I see ahead unless the judge decides to delay further on Jan. 6.

I have to admit that I am losing confidence that this case will be solved anytime soon. Does anyone still believe that LE is close to cracking the case, and if so, why? Will those poor parents linger in agony indefinitely??

I hope it is resolved soon (meaning within the next two months) but have an awful feeling it will not be.

DY's declaration sounds so definite but the suspicious part of me wonders if, in the face of her obvious pain and distress, LE isn't slanting things a bit to give her what she so badly wants to hear. I'm not accusing LE of lying, just of presenting the most optimistic outlook, motivated by sympathy.

When Sheriff Staton says that he thinks they will be able to narrow things down to one POI/suspect by 1 February, that does not sound particularly promising to me.

I hope it is resolved soon (meaning within the next two months) but have an awful feeling it will not be.

DY's declaration sounds so definite but the suspicious part of me wonders if, in the face of her obvious pain and distress, LE isn't slanting things a bit to give her what she so badly wants to hear. I'm not accusing LE of lying, just of presenting the most optimistic outlook, motivated by sympathy.

When Sheriff Staton says that he thinks they will be able to narrow things down to one POI/suspect by 1 February, that does not sound particularly promising to me.

What do you think they are waiting on that would take up to February 1 st to confirm or deny that would narrow down a POI?

This will be a sad Christmas, for all involved. I hope there is a resolution soon. :(

[/B]

What do you think they are waiting on that would take up to February 1 st to confirm or deny that would narrow down a POI?

I have no idea.

I do know that another funding review or request is going to be made 1 February 2011, so perhaps Sheriff Staton was trying to give some realistic expectations for the progress of the investigation.

At this point, if LE has as little as I suspect they do, I hope they are seriously considering a change in tactics. They've played it close to the vest and gotten essentially nowhere. If they actually have very little beyond suspicions, maybe it is time to release what they do have, open up the investigation and see if by doing so, more information acts to clarify memories or generate tips.

On the other hand, if they really are making progress, then carry on as before, it's obviously working.

I have this feeling, though, that all they have is suspicions backed up with little to no evidence.

It could be a public ploy too - to shake up the tree. I can't imagine they would give a public statement without carefully weighing out what they are hoping for in response.

I found telling comments at OregonLive:

"Investigators suspect more than one person was involved in Kyron's disappearance and that more than one crime occurred: an alleged murder-for-hire scheme by the boy's stepmother against her husband before the boy went missing, Kyron's kidnapping, and who knows what else. They're still unsure what happened to the child, and have had to consider all options, including his being abducted, becoming a victim of human trafficking or being killed." http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/12/multnomah_county_sheriff_dan_s_2.html

And this statement:
Staton says that while investigators have been doing everything they can, he does wish he could go back to that first day Kyron disappeared.

“At first, we thought it was a child who walked away from school,” Staton said.

He believes that if somehow they could have figured out earlier that it was an abduction, they would have done things differently.

“The opportunity to catch people was greater when things were fresh,” he said.

Instead, it wasn’t until two days later that they started bringing teachers, students and parents back to the school for interviews.

“That hurt us,” he says. “Once the days passed, people began to lose their train of thought and what they did or didn’t see.” (BBM) http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Sheriff-confident-about-Horman-case-even-after-6-months-111327254.html

My issue is, as supportive of the LE as I am, how in the world did they not see the TH I saw day 1 as a lying, secret keeping, weirdo? I mean even DY said she thought right away TH had done something - so how/why didn't they shake her down fast and furious?

The other telling thing is that they suspect more than one person was involved. I would think one of the people TH and ??? would crack sooner than later and it surprises me that they have been able to simply keep their heads down and mouths shut and stay free. I do hope Feb 1st there is at least some hope of a resolution for this family and this little boy.

As a local, if it does turn out to be TH all along, I'm not pleased that a million dollars and months of heartache have been lost when the perp was right there front and center all along.

Respectfully snipped:
I found telling comments at OregonLive:
My issue is, as supportive of the LE as I am, how in the world did they not see the TH I saw day 1 as a lying, secret keeping, weirdo? I mean even DY said she thought right away TH had done something - so how/why didn't they shake her down fast and furious?

Remember, Desiree has known Terri for a number of years, so she would have more insight to Terri's personality than LE.

I am hoping that there will be a resolution to this case soon. We really can't tell whether or not that LE is close to an arrest due to lack of details being released. For example, there have been more details released in Zahra's case, but no arrest. Only LE can answer that questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ingridmc4
Back