WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN WV-if you are collecting "benefits" you are entitled to a free cell phone!!

I live in WV, and I work! I just don't understand why she's collecting benefits? What makes her eligible? She's 20 yrs younger than I am and appears to be physically able to work. She doesn't have any of her children any more to get benefits for. She has a free place to live now, and she'll have a new home soon with more amenities than most have. :jail:

When will WV wake up? Make these lazy bums work!

When I retire I'll have worked 50 yrs of my life, and I'll still be paying for lazy bums to perfect the art of being a lazy bum. Grrrrrrr

Something's backwards here.

I love living in West Virginia BUT it seems in my neck of the woods this is also a big big problem-the not working, combined with the horrendous drug problem that is absolutely decimating our county. (I'm still convinced that somehow, some way drugs were/are involved in Aliayah's situation FWIW). It's so frustrating to see able-bodied people who will not make any effort to find any kind of job (and I'm not just talking about a traditional desk job, fast food/retail, etc-I know people who work at baby-sitting, lawn care, selling crafts/produce, collecting cans to recycle, to make $$$$) while the rest of us are taxed to pieces and work for years and years to support said persons. There are also whole generations (third and fourth) who are being supported by the government.:banghead:
Enough of my OP sermonizing. Aliayah is the main issue here and I pray every day for her.

:cat::cat::cat: :heart: :beagle: :beagle:

Just because I think Aliayah would like these and to bump her back to the first page.
Still praying for this sweet lil' one!

:cat: my kitty started purring and rubbing his cheek against my iPad as soon as I opened Aaliayah's thread. I know, it is a coincidence; he's just happy to be around me because I've been working a lot lately. But still I thought it was sweet. I bet he would cuddle up to our poor little girl...he can always tell when I am upset or in pain, and he stays as close as possible to me. He has even let my tears fall on his fur.

Well Sisoftruth, my little guy liked the kitties and the doggies and he is the same as Aliayah!

Where are you little angel?

Thinking of Aliayah. Missing for 9 months tomorrow.

I live in WV, and I work! I just don't understand why she's collecting benefits? What makes her eligible? She's 20 yrs younger than I am and appears to be physically able to work. She doesn't have any of her children any more to get benefits for. She has a free place to live now, and she'll have a new home soon with more amenities than most have. :jail:

When will WV wake up? Make these lazy bums work!

When I retire I'll have worked 50 yrs of my life, and I'll still be paying for lazy bums to perfect the art of being a lazy bum. Grrrrrrr

Something's backwards here.

Our system is so flawed. She should be working-to pay for her children. She deserves NOTHING from our government. And I agree with you-it seems like she has more than we do...not so fair...

:cat: my kitty started purring and rubbing his cheek against my iPad as soon as I opened Aaliayah's thread. I know, it is a coincidence; he's just happy to be around me because I've been working a lot lately. But still I thought it was sweet. I bet he would cuddle up to our poor little girl...he can always tell when I am upset or in pain, and he stays as close as possible to me. He has even let my tears fall on his fur.

You always touch my heart...you are so special to me. I bet Aliayah would just love him to pieces! I can see her chasing after him and laughing. She deserves so much-...you are blessed to have a special fur baby. I wouldn't take a million dollars for mine...***hugs!!

Aliayah....we will NEVER forget you ...

Looks like Lena Lunsford has her new identity-register no. 07967-087
shows she isn't in custody -yet...

http://www.wowktv.com/story/18873351/missing-wva-girls-relatives-still-seek-answers

Relatives of a missing 3-year-old Lewis County girl are still searching for answers.

Aliayah (uh LEE' uh) Lunsford vanished from her Bendale home on Sept. 24, 2011.

Media outlets report that family members held a vigil Sunday evening at a bridge where a search dog had picked up her scent. They plan to hold vigils on the 24th of every month until they get answers.

Relatives also plan to hand out balloons and flyers during Weston's July 4th parade.

Authorities have classified the child's disappearance as a crime but have made no arrests and named no suspects.

:yesss: Isn't tomorrow Lena's big day? IIRC she was to surrender June 28th?

:Banane09:

---->(insert your favorite going away music here)<----

:jail:

(ya know, in real life, I'm not this cruel, but Aliayah deserves to be home, and maybe some time away for crimes committed might give Lena time to do some heavy-duty thinking)

:yes: DO THE RIGHT THING LENA, don't protect Ralph any more, you honestly think he's loyal to you, especially after a little of those bath salts?? Even if you don't know EVERYTHING, please tell LE what you do know, so they can bring Aliayah home. :deal:

(all the above :moo: )

http://www.wboy.com/story/18906587/lena-lunsford-to-report-to-hazleton-correctional-institution

(FTA) A Weston woman sentenced on May 22 for welfare fraud, is due to report to Hazleton Federal Correctional Institution Thursday, June 28.

Chief Judge John Preston Bailey sentenced Lena Lunsford, 29, to eight months in prison, followed by one year of supervised release. Lunsford pleaded guilty on January 10 to one count of knowingly selling portions of her SNAP benefits. Lunsford also must pay $522.82 in restitution to the United States Department of Agriculture - Food and Nutrition Service, according to the United States Attorney's office.

The women's section is said to be minimum security, but houses female inmates convicted of violent crimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Penitentiary,_Hazelton

http://www.wboy.com/story/18906587/lena-lunsford-to-report-to-hazleton-correctional-institution

(FTA) A Weston woman sentenced on May 22 for welfare fraud, is due to report to Hazleton Federal Correctional Institution Thursday, June 28.

Chief Judge John Preston Bailey sentenced Lena Lunsford, 29, to eight months in prison, followed by one year of supervised release. Lunsford pleaded guilty on January 10 to one count of knowingly selling portions of her SNAP benefits. Lunsford also must pay $522.82 in restitution to the United States Department of Agriculture - Food and Nutrition Service, according to the United States Attorney's office.

The women's section is said to be minimum security, but houses female inmates convicted of violent crimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Penitentiary,_Hazelton

Per the above article, as of the 3:31pm update, Lena had NOT reported to the facility. :what:

Still not in custody if this inmate locator is current:

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFind...&LastName=lunsford&Race=U&Sex=F&Age=&x=67&y=6

:waitasec:

do they have a certain time to report??

hmmmmmmm

According to the forums on prisontalk.com, federal inmates should self-surrender between noon and 2PM, which are the normal processing times. Also according to that site they should have received a letter from the U.S. Marshals with their reporting time after they have been assigned to a facility.

According to the Federal Inmate Locator -she made her way to Alderson...what an easy place to spend her sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73