WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lesage is quite a distance from Weston and I wouldn't think this means Aliayah has been found. Of course I could be wrong but my gut feeling always has been that she is not far from her home.:sigh:

Lesage is quite a distance from Weston and I wouldn't think this means Aliayah has been found. Of course I could be wrong but my gut feeling always has been that she is not far from her home.:sigh:

I agree its probably not her, but since her Lena drove around for over an hour before reporting her missing I would think it is a possibility. And who knows if Aliayah even really went missing from the house. She could have been dumped somewhere the night before on their way home from the party. We have never heard anything confirmed that the other kids saw her that morning... (at least that I remember hearing)

According to Westinlund's post Lena Lunsford will be released from a Baltimore, MD halfway house on Feb. 26.

She was serving time at the Alderson, WV prison (same one that housed Martha Stewart) for Welfare fraud of her SNAP benefits.

When are charges going to be brought against her for the disappearance of Aliayah?

I am sick and tired of these "parents" disappearing their children and not answering for it. From the very beginning, LE said that this was not a break-in or a kidnapping. Aliayah's own family said (in their one and only interview) that Aliayah would never leave the house alone. Ummm.. you don't need to be a genius to figure out what that leaves.

Just my opinion of course and all that Jazz...

http://www.exponent-telegram.com/web_exclusive/wv/article_75b4cf83-d17a-52f1-9347-827b2b612d1a.html

Lena Lunsford is set to be released Feb. 26 from a facility in Baltimore, where she's been serving an eight-month sentence for welfare fraud.

Article goes on to say that when Lena is released, she will not get her remaining children back due to the fact that she has lost her parental rights. Ralph Lunsford has also lost his parental rights. Parental rights to Aliayah have been terminated despite the fact that no one knows who her father is. Lena has also lost parental rights to her boy who has a different father.

The state Department of Health and Human Resources filed an abuse and neglect petition with the courts in October 2011, alleging the Lunsfords' remaining children were in imminent danger. They had been neglected to the point that some had irreversible tooth decay, case workers said. That complaint also noted that Lena Lunsford had previously reported to DHHR that her husband had attempted to cut her throat, "yet she and the children continued to live with him."

But, here is the most important part:

At a termination hearing in May 2012, the circuit court judge "found that the parents had more knowledge about A.L.'s whereabouts than they revealed but refused to provide that information to the court," the high court wrote.

More at the link.

I just pray the children are being well cared for and LOVED! I hope they are not in the foster care system being divided and hauled around from pillar to post.

Thank you for posting the actual document Westinlund. Very interesting to read.

Video clip from a local news station that aired on Feb. 14, 2013. Shows footage of the house and talks about recent developments of LL not regaining custody.
http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/130214_13842.shtml

Here, on Feb. 2013 a Weston newspaper talks about the case.
http://theintermountain.com/page/co.../Lunsford-loses-parental-rights.html?nav=5014
According to the Supreme Court memorandum, neither parent has been able to provide an explanation as to the child's disappearance, and each hs "vaguely accused" the other for the disappearance.

In September of 2011, child A.L. was reported missing. DHHR subsequently filed the
abuse and neglect petition in October of 2011, alleging imminent danger to the remaining children in their parents’ care. Neither parent was able to provide an explanation of A.L.’s disappearance, only explaining that she had been in her bed the evening before and had been ill and throwing up. When Petitioner Mother checked on her in the morning, she was no longer in her bed and could not be found. DHHR also stated in its petition that Petitioner Mother previously reported that the children’s father attempted to cut Petitioner Mother’s throat, yet she and the children continued to live with him.1 At adjudication, the children’s dentist testified that some of the children had irreversible tooth decay. At disposition in May of 2012, A.L. was still missing without explanation. The circuit court found that the parents had more knowledge about A.L.’s whereabouts than they revealed but refused to provide that information to the court. By its order entered on May 14, 2012, the circuit court terminated both parents’ parental rights.
Petitioner Mother appeals.

http://www.courtswv.gov/supreme-court/memo-decisions/spring2013/12-0740memo.pdf

Still think of little sad eyes often. I pray someday she will be found and given a proper burial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth