WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewis county grand jury indictments are coming in but the news has only posted a few names. I'm keeping an eye on whose names show up.

I just did a quick google search and it seems that HRD dogs do hit on things like blood, tissue, hair and bone so it could be quite plausible for them to hit on bandages, diapers and sanitary napkins.

Bandages are a sticky one, there are dogs who have been trained to eliminate these, though few and far between, however no properly trained HRD dog should be hitting on diapers and sanitary napkins (menstrual blood is very different "smelling").

The link a few posts above to the HRD thread is a good one. Please please understand that not all HRD dogs and handlers are created equal. Also pay close attention to certifications and standards. If they don't have a FEMA cert or a NASAR cert it is likely because they couldn't make the cut so they use some other means to get their dog out in the field. You really have to look too, as I am noticing people are starting to put NASAR logos up on their sites and then when you go and read on their specific dogs you discover that not one actually has a NASAR cert.

Be informed, there are lots of organizations that work for free, almost all in fact. It just breaks my heart to see families and communities struggling to get funds together for some dog team when there are so many great orgs out there that do it for free.

Bandages are a sticky one, there are dogs who have been trained to eliminate these, though few and far between, however no properly trained HRD dog should be hitting on diapers and sanitary napkins (menstrual blood is very different "smelling").

The link a few posts above to the HRD thread is a good one. Please please understand that not all HRD dogs and handlers are created equal. Also pay close attention to certifications and standards. If they don't have a FEMA cert or a NASAR cert it is likely because they couldn't make the cut so they use some other means to get their dog out in the field. You really have to look too, as I am noticing people are starting to put NASAR logos up on their sites and then when you go and read on their specific dogs you discover that not one actually has a NASAR cert.

Be informed, there are lots of organizations that work for free, almost all in fact. It just breaks my heart to see families and communities struggling to get funds together for some dog team when there are so many great orgs out there that do it for free.

Thanks where I currently live(Christchurch)has seen it's fair share this year and last of SAR staff and the SAR/HRD dogs. We as a city appreciated all the help that we got and I am now more informed on what they can/can't do.

I was just curious as they searched a building(that had no deaths only injuries)and both the SAR dog and the HRD dog had hits in there.

Thanx for everything everyone is doing to help us find Aliayah.

Thank you Tina for sharing with us and allowing us to be a part (even a small part) of your family. We all love you, Vicki, and precious little Aliayah.

...but I've been following this case since day 1. I live just over an hour south of Weston. I thought I'd post today's headline regarding LL:

11/08/2011

Mother of Missing Girl in Court

Elkins

The mother of a missing Lewis County girl is set to be arraigned in Elkins Tuesday on charges of federal fraud charges.

Lena Lunsford, 29, is facing six federal charges she illegally sold her food stamp benefits.

A grand jury indicted Lunsford last month.

:greetings:

Thanks for posting that. When we post an article we can't post the entire article and we have to provide a link to the article. Copyright laws etc. If you need help let any of us know and we'll be glad to help.

Welcome to the forum!

Here's the Lewis County indictments from the Clarksburg newspaper The Exponent Telegram (We've been waiting 8 months on the one for Cory Burkhart!!)

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 35
Here's the Lewis County indictments from the Clarksburg newspaper The Exponent Telegram (We've been waiting 8 months on the one for Cory Burkhart!!)

Wouldn't LL's indictment be a Federal Grand Jury? Eight months! I guess it's like the saying, “Wheels of justice gind slow but grind fine”
― Sun Tzu

I hope they grind very fine on the person (s) responsible for Aliayah's disappearance and the person responsible for the death of Cory Burkhart! I just read about it and it is so very sad.

Just talked to a reporter from WCHS, he was at hearing this am in Elkins,WV
Lena did not show up
Lawyer plead NOT GUILTY
Reporer coming to my house soon
Will update as soon as I can

Lena did not show up
Lawyer plead NOT GUILTY

That's great news about the reporter! I'm so excited about it! Hold on to what you got, Vickie. You're in for a real :rollercoaster: ride but at least you're not :back:.

:yourock:

I noticed a SBG, 28 yrs. old indicted for 5 counts of using an access device. Could this be the person that LL gave her SNAP card to?

Lena did not show up
Lawyer plead NOT GUILTY

Not guilty? Really? So what would the defense be? "That wasn't me exchanging the fs for cash. It was my evil twin, who just happened to have my fs card and knows my pin number. Oh and is also preganant with twins"

Sorry for the sarcasm, that just makes no sense to me. Plead guilty and take your lumps I say.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks!

I have this theory that people seek out their own kind. And, they tend to do the same kinds of crimes. LL has (as far as we know) been a petty criminal - willing to risk the wrath of the law for a small amount of money/goods/drugs.

We don't know who her friends/acquaintances are - the people she does her naughty crimes with - it would sure be helpful if we did. Maybe this woman is a start.

I pray and hope that today is the day that Aliayah is found safe and sound .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TFJ